SOURCE: Mullen safe, staff is not; was mass "flu" a player revolt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What's funny is butters dumb ass wasn't even on the hot seat when he said he didn't have any support

Butters wasn't wrong, but it was also incredibly dumb. Don't bite the hate that feeds you two months after a raise and new leadership. I guess we just can't get away from hiring the most business inept dumb asses. If he didn't say that he might have gotten another $9-12 million out of the University before he was broken off.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
We are not firing our coach, much as I have become a believer that we could do better. What we need is a better staff, a head coach that gets educated on how to deal with the media and the public better.

Now all our losses have been caused my massive mistakes by players. Coaching is a big part of these issues.

Getting better coaches for both development and recruiting is essential, how to get them I don't really know.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
So, if we're stuck with him and we just get some new assistants, what are we likely to get? Retreads with little or no other options? Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
So, if we're stuck with him and we just get some new assistants, what are we likely to get? Retreads with little or no other options? Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

welcome to how to idiotic our UAA is…they would rather pay buyouts for new coaches than just cut the cancer away

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
We are not firing our coach, much as I have become a believer that we could do better. What we need is a better staff, a head coach that gets educated on how to deal with the media and the public better.

Now all our losses have been caused my massive mistakes by players. Coaching is a big part of these issues.

Getting better coaches for both development and recruiting is essential, how to get them I don't really know.

You don’t because no one likes to work for Dan. Hell our former OC left to become a QB coach in the NFL. A step backwards, why? Dan.

no good coaches are going to come on board and Dan has shown he doesn’t know how to hire good coaches…we’re ****eed

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
welcome to how to idiotic our UAA is…they would rather pay buyouts for new coaches than just cut the cancer away

This is exactly what's going to happen. Every coach we bring in is going to get at least 2 year contract (the DC will likely get 3). This is what happened w/ Roper, who got a 3/year $600k/year contract (so we paid him a $1.2 million buyout). This will likely cost us 3 position coaches pay for at least 1 year = $1.5 million, then the DC x 2 years (at least $3mil, if they give him a $1.5 mil/year deal).....plus Dopey's $12mil. Additionally, whoever is retained will sign new deals (probably Brewster, who contract is up, and at least one more). UAA needs to just cut the rope that Dan's been talking about the last week.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
This is exactly what's going to happen. Every coach we bring in is going to get at least 2 year contract (the DC will likely get 3). This is what happened w/ Roper, who got a 3/year $600k/year contract (so we paid him a $1.2 million buyout). This will likely cost us 3 position coaches pay for at least 1 year = $1.5 million, then the DC x 2 years (at least $3mil, if they give him a $1.5 mil/year deal).....plus Dopey's $12mil. Additionally, whoever is retained will sign new deals (probably Brewster, who contract is up, and at least one more). UAA needs to just cut the rope that Dan's been talking about the last week.

Dan is going to give everyone except TG extensions...then we're going to have the UAA cry about having to pay such a massive amount of money next year when Dopey goes 7-5

NoPumper666

Mar 4, 2021
The football program is going to be allowed to wallow in mediocrity for years like the basketball program. If the university doesn’t care why should I? I’ll watch if I happen to be around when the game is on but no longer must see Saturday viewing.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
The football program is going to be allowed to wallow in mediocrity for years like the basketball program. If the university doesn’t care why should I? I’ll watch if I happen to be around when the game is on but no longer must see Saturday viewing.

This.

STOP GOING TO THE GAMES....

Make the place as empty as Hard Rock on a Saturday

NoPumper666

Mar 4, 2021
I went to a couple of Mullen coached games and they were much like the Butters games that I attended. Total **** shows. I don’t exactly live in the Gator live game footprint so it turns into a multi day event for me. Waste of time and money.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014

Serious question: If this hasn't happened yet, if Dan Mullen hasn't surrounded himself with good assistant coaches and recruiters, then why on earth would you think its going to happen now? Mullen is who he is. He's not going to change, and neither are the results.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

Look at this quote more closely. He isn't describing to recruits his "future" in the sense of will he get fired or not. Rather, this is the creature of his own making that @soflagator lamented when Dan put it out very wide and publicly that he wanted an NFL job. I'm sure we are all shocked that has been used against him in recruiting. The oddity is Dan could negative recruit against himself in this instance: "Come on kid, that was a joke. Don't believe them. No NFL team will ever hire me."

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Too many people here are assuming that Grantham will be fired at the end of the year… I’ll believe when I see it.

If you don’t like what you see, you should change the channel because this sh!tshow marathon ain’t nothing but reruns.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd hate to see us make a bunch of staff changes. I don't wanna see a handful of other families uprooted for just one season. And piss away more money that could go to the next staff. If we're keeping Dan Mullen for another year, let's just roll with what we got. He should go down with his buddies.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
This.

STOP GOING TO THE GAMES....

Make the place as empty as Hard Rock on a Saturday
With the apparent news that Miami is sticking with Diaz for the foreseeable future, I guess we have company investing in failure.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Look at this quote more closely. He isn't describing to recruits his "future" in the sense of will he get fired or not. Rather, this is the creature of his own making that @soflagator lamented when Dan put it out very wide and publicly that he wanted an NFL job. I'm sure we are all shocked that has been used against him in recruiting. The oddity is Dan could negative recruit against himself in this instance: "Come on kid, that was a joke. Don't believe them. No NFL team will ever hire me."

It shows where his priorities lie. Twice he's had rumors about NFL teams and did nothing to squash them, even saying he'd listen to the Cowboys(I'm holding out hope still on that one). He had to know it would harm his ability to recruit and would be used against him, but didn't care because it also meant more money. He would rather lose and be paid greater than win and be paid less. That's a cancer that we don't need. With all the fretting over whether Spurrier and Meyer would leave, it was never about a paycheck amount. It was new challenge, dream school, etc., never that we weren't paying them enough. And that's why I scoff at the "too loyal" comments. If he owes loyalty to anyone it should be the kids he brought in, the employer that cuts him a check every month, and the fans who show to every game, many of whom did not have him as their first choice.

As I've said, we need a consummate competitor who wants to win games and enjoys the money, not someone who is doing this simply because the compensation is high and they enjoy coaching.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Not a peep from Stricklin. Nothing so far. This is just getting really bizarre and the longer we hear nothing from MuLLLLen's boss the weirder this gets. Recruiting is getting decimated (it wasn't great to begin with) because Stricklin hasn't come out to assure that MuLLLLen is Florida's coach going forward. This is a time Stricklin should be saying it publicly if that is what is going to happen. If Stricklin ends up not firing MuLLLLen then Stricklin is really fuching up right now.

However, maybe MuLLLLen is getting canned because that would be the only acceptable reason for silence from Stricklin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator