SOURCES: Coaching rumors Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
Muschamp left the program better than he found it. That is a fact not opinion. Anytime you come in and a kid tells the head coach "You must not know who I am" there is a problem. Muschamp has left a deep and talented roster, and turned the atmosphere around. For whatever reason, he just couldn't get it done between the white lines. Hope the new guy, whoever it is, can have some better luck.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator;n117052 said:
Muschamp left the program better than he found it. That is a fact not opinion. Anytime you come in and a kid tells the head coach "You must not know who I am" there is a problem. Muschamp has left a deep and talented roster, and turned the atmosphere around. For whatever reason, he just couldn't get it done between the white lines. Hope the new guy, whoever it is, can have some better luck.

He definitely cleaned the off the field stuff up. Does it appear Freeze is still the new coach probably?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator;n117052 said:
Muschamp left the program better than he found it. That is a fact not opinion.
You've always been an idiot but this may be your best yet. We are now Kintucky, unfortunately. Mr. Blue Collar 3 star/2 star/ Walkon Lover definitely had his way with the roster, particularly the Offense, LBs, and DTs. Basically the only positions he recruited consistently was CB and DE.

Compare the depth chart in 2010 and 2014, count how many 3 star fillers we have now and let me know the results. I'll hang up and listen.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator;n117052 said:
Muschamp left the program better than he found it. That is a fact not opinion.

Actually, I'm quite certain its an opinion. And one we all enjoy laughing at, so thanks! :clap:

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
Gator Fever;n117054 said:
He definitely cleaned the off the field stuff up. Does it appear Freeze is still the new coach probably?

If I was a betting man, I'd place my chips on Freeze and Stoops.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
Law98gator;n117055 said:
You've always been an idiot but this may be your best yet. We are now Kintucky, unfortunately. Mr. Blue Collar 3 star/2 star/ Walkon Lover definitely had his way with the roster, particularly the Offense, LBs, and DTs. Basically the only positions he recruited consistently was CB and DE.

Compare the depth chart in 2010 and 2014, count how many 3 star fillers we have now and let me know the results. I'll hang up and listen.

Lol an idiot huh? Ok. Fair enough. I could compare every position from 2011 (his first year not 2010) to 2014 and the only position groups that were better then they are now are DL, and Safeties. We're better at QB now, better at RB, better at WR, better at OL, better at CB, tied at LB. The fact that you don't think so is hilarious.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator;n117060 said:
Lol an idiot huh? Ok. Fair enough. I could compare every position from 2011 (his first year not 2010) to 2014 and the only position groups that were better then they are now are DL, and Safeties. We're better at QB now, better at RB, better at WR, better at OL, better at CB, tied at LB. The fact that you don't think so is hilarious.

Muschamp took over a damaged, and in Meyer's very own words, "broken program." But Muschamp not only didn't fix it, in many ways, he made it worse. We're certainly worse offensively, Special Teams is dreadfully worse, and defense is about the same, maybe slightly better. But the intangibles are glaring, like losing at home constantly, going 4-8 (even with a ton of injuries), snatching defeat from the jaws of victory (LSU and SC), getting absolutely destroyed at home against Mizzou with everything on the line. You simply can't overlook this stuff. It was time. And now it's time to move on.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
The Original DC;n117066 said:
Muschamp took over a damaged, and in Meyer's very own words, "broken program." But Muschamp not only didn't fix it, in many ways, he made it worse. We're certainly worse offensively, Special Teams is dreadfully worse, and defense is about the same, maybe slightly better. But the intangibles are glaring, like losing at home constantly, going 4-8 (even with a ton of injuries), snatching defeat from the jaws of victory (LSU and SC), getting absolutely destroyed at home against Mizzou with everything on the line. You simply can't overlook this stuff. It was time. And now it's time to move on.

See my post above... "For whatever reason, he just couldn't get it done between the white lines. Hope the new guy, whoever it is, can have some better luck."
I have never refuted him being fired. I just don't like when people make false claims like "We were better when he took over" or "He doesn't play young guys" come on... Because the roster was so great in 2011 right? The receivers that consisted of Debose, Hammond, and Thompson were top notch. Give me Demarcus Robinson over any receiver on our roster from 2011 and give me Matt Jones and Kelvin Taylor over any RB. We haven't coached them up for whatever reason and I'm hoping the new guy can. The tools are there. Lets use them.

GatorCrunch

Nov 20, 2014
If we can get any of the big names here is a name that has not been mentioned that would be interesting to consider.

Chip Kelly disciple Bill Lazor currently the OC with the Miami Dolphins.

Lazor, like former mentor Chip Kelly, plays to the strengths of his personnel.
The zone-blocking scheme that Lazor has installed with new offensive line coach John Benton
helps reduce pressure on individual blockers.

The quick-hitting approach doesn’t force passes, but it methodically picks apart
the openings in space. This allows playmakers to utilize their skill and gain extra yards.

Lazor is a proponent of bootlegs and play-action rollouts which requires athletic QBs.It sounds like a great fit for our QBs.

http://bleacherrepor...w-oc-bill-lazor

OK.So he has no previous HC or SEC experience and I dont know if he has recruiting skills but sometimes you have to think out of the box.

Our offense would at least be exciting and fun to watch.

Bill Lazor could be available if the Miami Dolphins dont make the playoffs and the coaches are fired.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GatorCrunch;n117123 said:
Our offense would at least be exciting and fun to watch.
Uh, have you watched the Dolphins offense this year? It's a disaster.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He sounds like a member of a dodge ball team

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;117129 said:
He sounds like a member of a dodge ball team
fetch

Attachments

• conv_1438.jpg
    conv_1438.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 28

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator;n117068 said:
See my post above... "For whatever reason, he just couldn't get it done between the white lines. Hope the new guy, whoever it is, can have some better luck."
I have never refuted him being fired.

Bad luck isn't what got him fired. It's his refusal to play to win the game. Muschamp focuses way too much on playing not to lose to the point the players are so uptight that they make mistakes and, well, lose.

It's his fundamental philosophy about football that creates his so-called "bad luck" on the field.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
I Have No Friends :(;n117150 said:
Bad luck isn't what got him fired. It's his refusal to play to win the game. Muschamp focuses way too much on playing not to lose to the point the players are so uptight that they make mistakes and, well, lose.

It's his fundamental philosophy about football that creates his so-called "bad luck" on the field.

This was true for Carolina. Not true for LSU.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
g8rgolfer;n117010 said:
You know ... when you say a statement that is such a loaded hyperbole, it really kinda makes everything else you say so questionable. I mean really ... Muschamp didnt get the job done and it is probably best that we change now and start fresh ... but to make such a ridiculous statement that he couldn't have done worse over a four year stretch as well as call him a disaster of epic proportions ... it comes off as a drama queen.

CWM took over a program that was at an all time low. He had to deal with horrible attitudes and egomaniacs that had gotten away with whatever they wanted to get away with from the previous regime. The last few recruiting classes of that regime were a huge bust. There was no real effort being put into practice anymore ... and it clearly showed. CWM came in and cleaned it up and did a pretty good job of getting the program turned back into the right direction. He worked is arse off on the recruiting front and did a really good job in most areas.

Where he failed was recruiting enough OL and giving the offense stability. His defenses, for his entire tenure, have been championship level. His special teams, except for a few games (especially as of late that helped begin the end for him), were pretty good. It is suspected that the Weiss hire was forced on him ... and that was probably the worst thing for the team. Weiss was lazy and had a huge ego ... and helped set the offense back instead of propelling it forward through the transition. Unlike a defense, an offense is what takes the most time to transition from coaching changes and philosophies. And when you add on to the fact that it was very depleted of OL that were worth a damn it makes doing anything hard. Weiss cut and run probably midway through the season. Bring in another OC as well as a philosophy change ... and so on. Recruiting suffered ... execution suffered ... and so on.

But to sit here and say he did a horrible job and he was a disaster of epic proportions really makes me think you really have no idea what it takes day in and day out to get 80something teenaged to younger 20 year old prima-donnas to do what needs to be done. For the most part ... he did a damn good job ... but he just didnt get it done on the offensive side of the LOS and consistently put the offense through transition. That is where he failed ... which translated to not winning enough games he should have won. Ridiculous to suggest it was a disaster though.

Finally a well thought out post here. A welcome change from all the ridiculous posts from the simplistic dolts.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n117040 said:
Your post makes me think anything you say is questionable. Lets break it down, I've highlighted some key statements.

1. The program was at an all time low when WM took over huh? I'm pretty sure he took a program that was one year removed from a dominating sugar bowl performance and promptly turned it into a bottom feeder. We had a down year after 2 fantastic ones, but it wasnt an epic disaster in 2010. WM's first year was pretty bad, but he got to pull the Obama card and blame his predecessor and we all allowed it, gave him a pass for it, and still do. Regardless, his first year was just as bad if not worse than Meyer's last and theres no question we are worse now than when meyer left so your statement is entirely incorrect. If you are lower now than you were in the past, then the past wasn't your all-time low. Logic, it's easy.

2. Last few classes were huge busts? After losing about 6 games in his first season we had a solid defense and special teams carry us to 11 wins in his second. Please tell me how many of those WM recruits were leading the charge on that D and ST? Ok, I'll name them for you... Floyd, Easley, Elam, Jenkins, Bostic, Roberson, etc and Christy and Sturgis on special teams. Man, that was one hell of a WM recruiting class.... OH WAIT. Meyer bust recruiting classes were responsible for that D and ST and a slew of draft picks. Try again sir.

3. He came in and cleaned it up and did a pretty good job getting us turned in the right direction you say? Wow, last time I checked he wasnt hired to ensure the players make the honor roll. I appreciate him getting the kids to act better than they had been, and it is nice to know they are doing the right things, but his job is to develop football players and win games. If we want someone to monitor their off field behavior and academic GPA, we can hire a guidance counselor for 1% of his salary. We are much worse now than we had been at any point under meyer, and by every metric you can can measure it by from a football standard which IS his job. Your statement is at best laughable.

4. Did a really good job of recruiting in most areas aye? Well, except for those small areas like offensive line, receiver, quarterback, tight end... hell he even is suspect at linebackers. Getting one class with 2 potentially good qb's and one class with a some potentially good LB's in 4 attempts is not exactly a good job. Our affinity for decommitments late in the season and the perennial swapping of 5* studs for 3* projects, and to our rivals no less doesnt exactly back up your claim. Prognosis: FAIL.

5. Defenses for his entire tenure have been championship level say you? So this year, our defense is championship level? Apparently championship level defenses are keen on allowing a rival school the ability to break its all-time offensive yardage record against them. This is clearly the true mark of a (mus)championship level D. Ballazz!

6. His special teams have been good, except when they have sucked: This is actually true, they have been good, except when they have sucked ballzz... so I'll just leave this one here. You're welcome.

7. Weis was forced on him: This is another one I should just leave alone, because debating this idiocy would be like two retards fighting over a baseball, no matter who wins, your still a tard.

8. Ox has no idea what it takes to win, motivate, coach, yada: I suppose you do however? You certainly can't be claiming that WM does. He has more than assured us all of that. Moving on...

9. WM did a damn good job: cant. tell. if. serious..............

10. It's ridiculous to suggest WM tenure was a disaster: What, exactly, would you call it???

We're done here, bless you.

The answer is somewhere in the middle.

No, the program wasn't at an all time low. But we were in a pretty bad place. Locker room issues, discipline issues, it had apparently kind of become a free for all. Muschamp did do a good job of cleaning that up.

Recruiting classes were busts? Depends. True, there was/is a lot of talent on the roster, so you can't call it a bust from that perspective. But recall Meyer had the 2nd highest ranking recruiting class EVER in one of his later years, based upon rankings - and clearly they never panned out to that level. When Muschamp came in I think we were really low on scholarship players, not unlike as if we had just come off of NCAA probation.

Year two defense was excellent. Year 4 defense was good. The issue really hasn't been defense. The defenses would have been good enough if we had any sort of an offense.

From a bottom line W/L perspective, we have certainly not met expectations. But has the whole thing been a disaster? We have a good deal of talent, 2 young talented QB's in the stable, the OLine looking much better, decent RB's, at least one good receiver, a good D and a couple of outstanding players on the D side - higher graduation rates, the off field crap cleaned up. I think it is really set up for the next guy to come in and have some real success. And Muschamp should get at least some credit for that if it plays out that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.