Sources: UF & Chip Kelly working on contract details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I'm guessing he's turning down at least a $2M raise. And he runs the risk of having a down year next year. Like a player that declares early for the draft you go as soon as you can because you don't know what the future holds. A lot can change in a year.
Frost could blow out a knee next season.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Jeff barlis can tie a cinder block to his ankles and jump into the deepest river for all I care.

Is opinion means nada to me

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Jeff barlis can tie a cinder block to his ankles and jump into the deepest river for all I care.

Is opinion means nada to me
So I'm guess Franz Beard's opinion does mean a lot to you?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Hmmm. Well ... I spent 22 years in the Army. If you are up on current events you know that meant I was gone a lot and often. I missed a lot of time with my kids, including the first year of one of them. That kinda skews my perspective on things I guess.

Thank you for your service!

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The Kelly love is fascinating here. This guy is an AWFUL fit for UF. He'll only be here until the NFL comes calling. Why would we want that? The baggage he carries would sink the Titanic. I've got bad vibes about this dude and I'm nervous we're going for the sexy hire instead of the right hire.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Kelly love is fascinating here. This guy is an AWFUL fit for UF. He'll only be here until the NFL comes calling. Why would we want that? The baggage he carries would sink the Titanic. I've got bad vibes about this dude and I'm nervous we're going for the sexy hire instead of the right hire.
Good thing the NFL is never coming calling again.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014

I’ve come to believe UF is like Bama with hopelessly high expectations and you really need a guy with substantial stature and spurs to even survive. Frost would be entertaining but the wash out risk would be high. If you aren’t winning sec championships here in 2 years fans want you gone.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Final ranking in Kelly's four years at Oregon. I'll carry whatever baggage come with that.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Frost is not waiting. UF will offer $4.2-4.8 million, possibly more for him to come to Gainesville and compete with Bama, LSU, Auburn, FSU and the big-boy likes.

He stands to have his ego and competitive drive stoked, his bank account stuffed, and if he has half a brain, which I happen to think he does, he'll readily accept.
I don't think it's hard to imagine Frost staying at UCF for another year or 2. No matter what he chooses, he's getting a big raise next year. He's very young and already has a lot of money and I am pretty sure he's not all that worried about missing his opportunity to make bank. He's going to be making millions a year for the foreseeable future so I doubt he sees money problems as a major issue in his life.

I still think there's a good chance he's our next coach, but certainly don't think he would be any crazier than Chris Petersen was to turn down multi-million dollar contracts year after year.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it's hard to imagine Frost staying at UCF for another year or 2. No matter what he chooses, he's getting a big raise next year. He's very young and already has a lot of money and I am pretty sure he's not all that worried about missing his opportunity to make bank. He's going to be making millions a year for the foreseeable future so I doubt he sees money problems as a major issue in his life.

I still think there's a good chance he's our next coach, but certainly don't think he would be any crazier than Chris Petersen was to turn down multi-million dollar contracts year after year.

That's still not a compelling answer to why he stays. Esp if he has UF on his radar.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Its laughable Gator fans can be held out as demanding when we've been subjected to Chimp and Butters for years. You would think we just ran Bear Bryant out of here with some of these stupid comments.

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

Didn't Petersen have a very special reason for staying at Boise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.