Sources: UF & Chip Kelly working on contract details

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Yep, notice I used the word "limited". I didn't say abandon it altogether. And please, tell me how the product that Mac put on the field increased revenue and fundraising? Oh, attendance is still down. People don't want to give money for embarrassing products? Oh, it's gone so far that I have seen multiple people calling for a boycott of all things UF until changes are made (before Mac's firing)? Yea, there is a lot more to it than just schmoozing. Hell, Meyer after a few years wasn't even doing his Thursday show or Sunday highlight shows. I'm for some schmoozing, but again, if we have to limit it, fine. Why? Because, as a CEO or management or whatever, it doesn't matter how good your connection is if people aren't buying your product. Tell me that's a lie, and that Schmoozing makes up for losing money. Go ahead, do it.

First, Mac lost the fans and other stakeholder. Second, of course the "enterprise" has to put out a good product. Although I can think of cases where brand loyalty kept bring people back.

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The last overweight National Championship football coach was Phillip Fuller.

Just something to consider.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Seems like we literally haven’t done anything. Vetted, called some references, spoken to possibly one coach in two weeks.

If true, Jesus h Christ Stricklin.

Well, JHC Stricklin may be working his untapped phones collecting info and, thru their agents, gaging the interest of coaches on a list of candidates he maintains.

No active coach's regular season is over yet so face to face convo with an active coach not likely until later this month. Fabricated smoke screen not withstanding, Strick may not sign Kelly right now (even if Kelly is willing) until due diligence is complete on his entire short list. Maybe up to five coaches.

Believe nothing of what u hear and half of what u see.

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Spending other peoples money is sooo easy. I heard that if you have a few million to donate, Strickland will take your call.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I was in the J school working at Rock 104, WRUF Dial a Score, Channel 5, etc when Hall was the head coach and we had a TON of access to the players and coaches at the time. Hall was one of the most socially awkward people I have ever met. He was the NICEST guy, but did not light up a room or "work" a room. He was an offensive genius (look at his Oklahoma teams). But he hated the schmoozing. No one cared. We just cared about winning and he did, until his numbers were so depleted....Point is, who cares if Kelly schmoozes or doesn't schmooze. What matters is if he can put a "fun" product on the field....and according to our AD, that is the main requisite, not going to booster meetings.

Any good manager (coach) keeps his stakeholders close. To say anything else is complete horse hockey.

I hate to do this but I'll reference our old buddy Saint Nick. Saban is not a great coach because he is a football X's and O's genius; he's not. He is a football management genius. It's a complete program, what he calls the "process"; offense, defense, special teams, recruiting, facilities, development, media, boosters, fans, etc. He has a hand in all of it.

I don't want Saban, but I would like a team as well managed.

gatorbait1906

Nov 29, 2016
BREAKING: I’m on standby for the insider heat. Will update when I️ have more...
5dfe5edaeae02d27415cc9073a1a6e14.jpg

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am starting to believe it. Only thing moving on this is twitter and portal hits. And it started with Franz. Dude is drunk and takes a mole hill and turns it into an mountain. We may hire Kelly, don't know, but nowhere near where people think it is. And Stricklin has to be thinking ... crap, if I don't hire Kelly, I will really need to hire Frost. Anything after that at this point, considering the way the thought of Kelly in O&B has been implanted into the minds of the fans, will be a bust.

I hate Foley.

Stricklin's job is to get the best candidate for the job, who knows if that is Kelly, Frost, Norvell, etc.... fans going crazy over this candidate or that candidate is just what fans do. Fan is short for fanatic. If he is responding just due to what fans say on social media and the internet he should be fired right now. Because he isn't doing his job.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
Stricklin's job is to get the best candidate for the job, who knows if that is Kelly, Frost, Norvell, etc.... fans going crazy over this candidate or that candidate is just what fans do. Fan is short for fanatic. If he is responding just due to what fans say on social media and the internet he should be fired right now. Because he isn't doing his job.

hotels_leglift_ispot_3x2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.