South Carolina's QB is on glue....or something

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This kid is nuts.

:shutmouth:

South Carolina QB, on Clemson’s 56-7 win: ‘everyone knew they were not that much better than us’

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...-knew-they-were-not-that-much-better-than-us/

On its way to its first national championship in three decades, Clemson laid waste to South Carolina, routing their in-state rivals in a 56-7 woodshedding that included a 35-0 halftime lead. The Tigers outgained the Gamecocks 622-218, while they had a 41-14 advantage in first downs as well.

The 49-point difference served as the largest margin of victory in a rivalry that was first played in 1896 and has been played more than 110 times since. Not only that, it was the largest margin of defeat for an SEC team at the hands of an ACC school.

By any measure, it was an utter and complete beatdown. Unless you’re Jake Bentley.

In that game, Bentley, a true freshman quarterback, completed 7-of-17 passes for 41 yards, zero touchdowns and an interception. That translates into a not-so-robust pass efficiency rating of 49.7.

During an interview with FOX Carolina Wednesday, however, Bentley indicated it was more of what USC didn’t do than what their rivals did that cost them the game.

“We just didn’t play well that week,” Bentley said, by way of TigerNet.com. “That’s our big quote going into this year. We felt we got outworked so never again. So our big thing is never again we will be outworked. Never again will be outcompeted in a game like that.

“It all stems from that game because at the end of the game everyone knew that they were not that much better than us or better than us at all. It really just lit a fire in everybody since that week. Everyone has worked harder and wanted it more.”

Again, 56-7 screams that the team with 56 points is significantly better than the one with 49 fewer, but your mileage may vary. Regardless, it’s safe to assume the bolded, italicized portion of that quote will find its way onto some Death Valley bulletin boards ahead of this year’s edition of the rivalry game.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe we just got outworked against Bama also. Spurrier got out of SC just in time.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
His mouth might be moving, but don't kid yourself....that is Muchcrap talking. Guaranteed that's his "story".

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Give the kid a break, he's just not very good at math. He doesn't understand that there's 49 numbers in between the numbers 7 and 56. And with muschamps offensive wizardry he doesn't get to see numbers that big very often. Honest mistake if you ask me.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"Why do you think they call it dope?"

Silky Johnston

Hater of the Year
May 7, 2016
It appears the young man was swindled and sold an adulterated product that has affected his senses.

Let this be a warning--only purchase your drugs from a reputable purveyor of pure, high grade dope...such as myself. Only the finest all organic, gluten free, locally sourced--crack, smack, meth, and weed--lovingly hand crafted by artisans using traditional methods and skills passed down from generation to generation.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Bentley must be hanging around this girl

giphy.gif

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I just checked, USCe plays LaTech and Wofford out conference this year. I'm guessing they lose to Wofford. I think they run the Wing T which negates better athletes.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Not heroin...but jenkem. Muschamp has plenty of it for them.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Muscock has already got these kids giving the standard excuse. It won't be long that this kid will be riding around on a scooter wearing a wife beater t shirt.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
DBU = Delusional Boys' Universe. Bentley: "I'm a little teapot, here's my spout, lift my handle, pour this stuff out."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.