Sparty embarassed

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wow.

That was unexpected. Izzo is a helluva coach. His teams are tough, physically and mentally, and he knows how to coach in the tourney.

Really surprised.

Alex.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I would rather not make the dance than be a two seed and lose the first game. Izzo is getting tired of the game. We hit FTs and beat them this year at East Lansing

That's why I love the tourney.
Exactly..........I love the faces of teams that become Giant killers

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Tough to beat anyone when they have a hot night shooting...especially when you can't make your FTs. We've seen a few games like that recently.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Always liked Izzo. He was always very complimentary of Billy D. I had them winning it all so I'm done. I only filled out a single bracket. I'm still in the 99.99% but that finished me.

It is a huge upset.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Izzo is getting tired of the game. We hit FTs and beat them this year at East Lansing

Maybe Izzo just needs a fresh start somewhere. Maybe somewhere sunny and warm... I wonder if there's a school in Florida that would be interested? Hmmm...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Got Kansas over Kentucky. But had MSU in the Final 4.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Always liked Izzo. He was always very complimentary of Billy D. I had them winning it all so I'm done. I only filled out a single bracket. I'm still in the 99.99% but that finished me.

It is a huge upset.
I've been an Izzo fan for a long time, too. Just goes to show you that anything can happen in the tourney.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Damn near everyone in my bracket pool had sparty winning it all. I like the craziness of the tourney.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Problem with izzo is his team's always suck on offense. That slow pound it out low scoring style works in big10 ball but can be a problem against fast athletic teams.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Problem with izzo is his team's always suck on offense. That slow pound it out low scoring style works in big10 ball but can be a problem against fast athletic teams.
This is the problem they always run into. Even when when they're the faster athletic team they're stuck playing big10 basketball.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They shot 55% and scored 81 tonight, offense wasn't the problem. Haven't seen an Izzo-coached squad defend this poorly..............ever. Kinda surreal watching it. Kept expecting them to put the hammer down and pull away, but MTSU refused to let it happen. Very impressive performance.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is the problem they always run into. Even when when they're the faster athletic team they're stuck playing big10 basketball.

You are correct. MSU counts on you trying to play their style of basketball which is basically football with a round ball.
If they are forced to play a fast team that spreads the court, they are doomed.

I really like Izzo but I think his teams are usually overrated a bit given their limited flexibility. Yes, they get to the final four but they almost never win it.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016

It is a huge upset.
It was in 2003, I believe that the fire Billy Donovan campaign started after the Gators 3rd first weekend elimination when Izzo and Sparty whipped UF. I'm also a big Izzo fan. Just fortunate for most of us that he didn't take the Cleveland Cavaliers job a while back. LeBron probably would've ran him off as well.

Speaking of upsets, the thugs from West Virginia and their alcoholic coach have been eliminated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator