Spring Camp opens

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
As much as our QBs look mediocre in these videos, it stands out more how slowly we are running the routes. Seems 3/4 pace for most reps. Maybe that is on purpose since the press only gets some early practice windows. But it makes these drills and throws even less meaningful.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
As much as our QBs look mediocre in these videos, it stands out more how slowly we are running the routes. Seems 3/4 pace for most reps. Maybe that is on purpose since the press only gets some early practice windows. But it makes these drills and throws even less meaningful.
:dunno:
Gives reporters something to report, gives us at least a glimpse of some things (like how receivers use their hands, cuts, can they catch balls thrown behind (which I see alot). Not sure we are learning much about the QBs other than Mertz seems to have good footwork (when nobody is in his face).

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
:dunno:
Gives reporters something to report, gives us at least a glimpse of some things (like how receivers use their hands, cuts, can they catch balls thrown behind (which I see alot). Not sure we are learning much about the QBs other than Mertz seems to have good footwork (when nobody is in his face).
And throws one heckuva punt.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Just out of curiosity, where would the defender be on this play? To the outside, where this pass was supposed to be placed? Or to the inside where it ended up being, even with RP slowing his route down? Excluding a handful of games on our schedule, this is yet again a pass that would be broken up or a pick-6. On a routine out route pass, with no defenders affecting the QB.

Either we have the absolute worst eye for QB talent, or we have zero coaching ability at the position. One or both needs to change and quickly. I’m a Napier fan and want him to succeed here, but that’s reality.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Just out of curiosity, where would the defender be on this play? To the outside, where this pass was supposed to be placed? Or to the inside where it ended up being, even with RP slowing his route down? Excluding a handful of games on our schedule, this is yet again a pass that would be broken up or a pick-6. On a routine out route pass, with no defenders affecting the QB.

Either we have the absolute worst eye for QB talent, or we have zero coaching ability at the position. One or both needs to change and quickly. I’m a Napier fan and want him to succeed here, but that’s reality.

The QBs... I'm watching their body movement and thier throwing motion. The throws are important, to get there, but the placement... it's Spring ball.

I'll worry about that in the O&B game and there are CBs.

As Ox would say ... He's only [fill in age] years old. Sheesh. :lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator