Spring Camp opens

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It’s really early but it appears most of my concerns about the offense this year are being resolved as I type. Oline is big and May have that kind of 10 deep depth available that we’ve been lacking for a decade. I needed one of the 3 frosh WR to pass some vets on the depth chart in to that WR3 area to upgrade the explosiveness and talent at that spot and it looks like Jean may be that guy. Now it’s really about QB. The spot is going to be less explosive with out question but can it be more consistent and reliable? Is consistently hitting a 7 yard curl more important than a 70 yard jaw dropping run once every other game?

Same here. Still think one of the WR vets and/or Douglas could be decidedly better this season as well. Don’t want to give up on guys like Burke who got a year of checked out Mullen garbage, and then new offense plus that lack of consistency you mention. I’ll only be frustrated and concerned about the offense if I see more of guys like Hyphen-Bowman or other “lunch pale” types that the coaches insist on playing. We have a talented WR room now. Even if they’re young, get them in.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Honestly, those DB reps show such a disparity in skill/speed. Wilson sets the tone, Denson(0) and Castell(14) both look like blue chip talent. Unfortunately, Perkins(27) and Weston(82) do not. Even to a non-scout like me, the speed, smoothness of motion and instincts just look completely different. Really good snapshot of the hill Napier is having to climb.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Really good snapshot of the hill Napier is having to climb.
Team is all discombobulated and Napier is out hill climbing? WTF?
President Trump Corona GIF by INTO ACTION

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I’m
Same here. Still think one of the WR vets and/or Douglas could be decidedly better this season as well. Don’t want to give up on guys like Burke who got a year of checked out Mullen garbage, and then new offense plus that lack of consistency you mention. I’ll only be frustrated and concerned about the offense if I see more of guys like Hyphen-Bowman or other “lunch pale” types that the coaches insist on playing. We have a talented WR room now. Even if they’re young, get them in.
I think this is the year Andre DeBose finally turns it on. If he does, this could be a special group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator