Spring Practice thread: Report: OT Noah Banks has been cleared to play

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Man ... I really like this coach more than I liked any of our coaches (other than SOS) at this point in his career. I want him to succeed here really bad and realize I will probably lean a bit to the pumper side because of that.
Keep on pumping and putting those positive vibes out there.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Funny thing is from what I’ve heard is EJ is still making some of the same mistakes with fumbling snaps and staring down corners...but should be remarkedly improved from a playbook/passing efficiency perspective

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing, for now, to indicate Franks isn't going to be fine. But, I do want to see EJ get in and wreak havoc on those FCS schools.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
D1p5_yfX4AAD6or.jpg:large

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Will Sammon wrote a fantastic article on Burney today. For those who don't have a sub, here's the rundown.

1. Quarterbacks were 14-for-21 while targeting a receiver against former Florida linebacker Vosean Joseph last year. That was worst on the team behind Reese. They were 2-7 for 2 yards against Burney. QBs were 9-15 against Taylor for a 10 yard average. (Source: Sports Info Solutions)

2. Burney is one of the fastest players on the team. David Reese says coverage is his strength. Tight ends have had a hard time getting open when he is on them. He is also the best blitzer among the LBs.

“Pass coverage, he could do it with the best of them,” linebacker David Reese said of Burney after practice. “He’s probably one of the fastest guys on our team, defensive backs and all.”

3. Burney was featured at linebacker on third downs against Florida State and Michigan. He fared well, blitzing effectively off the edge, and he picked up a sack in the third quarter against Michigan.

4. The guess here is that Burney will continue to participate with mostly the first team, but Houston, Miller and Jackson will continue to see some opportunity there, too, battle for reps and rotate some throughout the season.

5. Burney has a strong work ethic as he is often seeking out Christian Robinson off the field so he can learn more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.