Spring Practice thread: Report: OT Noah Banks has been cleared to play

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Franks will never start as many NFL games as Driskel has already. SMH.
Please, that pyle of shyt was a third stringer on the worst team in football only because they WANTED high draft picks.

Even the Bengals didnt think they could find someone so pathetic that he lost to the Browns not once but twice.

He is unemployed.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I cant see that shyt. I was going by what a coach staffer told me (fam friend ) and why he left. He didnt want to play DE, wanted to stay mostly at OLB bc thats where he will be as a pro.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Please, that pyle of shyt was a third stringer on the worst team in football only because they WANTED high draft picks.

Even the Bengals didnt think they could find someone so pathetic he lost to the Browns not once but twice.

He is unemployed.

AR says the dumbest crap sometimes.

Andy Dalton got hurt for the year and the Bungles were like “oh Shyt, we didn’t expect Driskel to play - let’s play him and tank the season”.

He started the last five games of the season for the Bengals. He went 1–4 and passed for 764 yards, five touchdowns, and two interceptions in the five starts.[24]

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
AR says the dumbest crap sometimes.

Andy Dalton got hurt for the year and the Bungles were like “oh Shyt, we didn’t expect Driskel to play - let’s play him and tank the season”.
Their secondnstringer got hurt late in the preseason.

They didnt think Dalton would be out too long and expected to make the playoffs given a weak schedule at the end of the year, giving Dalton time to come back.

Once it became clear Dalton would be out longer and how terrible Dipshyt was, it was too late.

Typical Bungles.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
it was 2017, and Prescott was long gone. Prescott was actually the only competent QB he had in 8 years.

I am saying in both that situation and that Oklahoma State opener (Prescott years) Mullen used the losses it seemed to put in the younger QB he preferred apparently. He seems to want the starter to miss time due to an injury or have a bad game to pull the trigger on replacing them with the younger QB.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

Even the Bengals didnt think they could find someone so pathetic he lost to the Browns not once but twice.

He is unemployed.
Maybe not. What’s your point? Tebow didn’t start that many games either.
Yada, yada, yada. Black is white, night is day, up is down. Whatever you do, don't let facts stand in your way . Driskel throws better than Franks and runs better than Franks has in the past. (I expect Franks to make substantial progress in running.)

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Neither of you genius analysts have said that Franks will start more NFL games than Driskel, which is all I said. If that is " dumb crap", why just tell us how many NFL games Franks will start. If you can't do that, then all you are offering are lame excuses.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yada, yada, yada. Black is white, night is day, up is down. Whatever you do, don't let facts stand in your way . Driskel throws better than Franks and runs better than Franks has in the past. (I expect Franks to make substantial progress in running.)
Throws better than Franks? Youre an idiot.

Franks threw better than Dipshyt LAST year. Dipshyt had.........wait for it...... 3300 yards in THREE years. THREE YEARS!
:lmao2:

Franks has 3800 yards in two.

I will say Ole Dipshyt sure knew how to throw a game. Jawja, Loovulle, scUM, Vandy .... the list could go on forever.

Ever heard of an option QB who was too fvvking stupid to read the end and had the coach CALL the read before the play? He admitted in a press conference they were calling the options for him.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Yes in running. In throwing? Show me the stats.

In 5 games starting in the NFL Driskel averaged 150 yards/game.

Driskel At UF:
2012 - 137 yards/game
2013 - 159 yards/game
2014 - 126 yards/game

Franks at UF:

017: 131 per game
2018: 191 per game

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dipshyt ran for 600 yards and 9 TDs in 3 years.

Franks ran for 400 and 7.

Franks will out perform him in that too.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Throws better than Franks? Youre an idiot.

Franks threw better than Dipshyt LAST year. Dipshyt had.........wait for it...... 2200 yards in THREE years. THREE YEARS!
:lmao2:

Franks has 3800 yards in two.

I will say Ole Dipshyt sure knew how to throw a game. Jawja, Loovulle, scUM, Vandy .... the list could go on forever.
The discussion was how much of his poor performance was attributable to poor UF coaching. Based on the improvement in his post UF performance, perhaps 80 to 90 per cent. But, hey, deflections and excuses constitute a "style" of sorts, I suppose.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The discussion was how much of his poor performance was attributable to poor UF coaching. Based on the improvement in his post UF performance, perhaps 80 to 90 per cent. But, hey, deflections and excuses constitute a "style" of sorts, I suppose.

That was never the discussion. You just make shyt up.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Driskel was a turnover machine. He hardly ever made the right read. He loved to throw underneath and he probably averaged like 4 yards per attempt. I don’t think Mullen could have done anything with him. I don’t think he had it upstairs.

Franks has it upstairs. He was just incredibly raw when he came in and had no idea how to read defenses. And then he got into this “woe is me” mentality that MacElstain infected the entire team with. In his last interview that I saw this spring practice he seemed to admit that he had maturity issues and that he’s had to learn how to lead. So there seems to be some growth.

Franks’ biggest issue is anticipation. And I think Mullen does a very good job of hiding this deficiency by giving him quick reads. But that often leads to busted plays.

I think it also helps to have a good stable of receivers like we do now. He’s learning to trust them to make those tight throws. He was so afraid of turning the ball over with MacElstain that he never learned to trust his receivers or his arm.

I'm chuckling because you said "Franks has it upstairs". Were you saying that in 2017 or even parts of 2018?

I just looked at JD's stats and he was better than you quoted. His sophomore year wasn't half bad. What I remember was the turnovers as much as his running out of bounds instead of throwing it away. But I was at the Vandy game where his running game saved us.

Nothing you've said moves me off, "I would love to see what Mullen could do with Driskel!"

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm chuckling because you said "Franks has it upstairs". Were you saying that in 2017 or even parts of 2018?

I just looked at JD's stats and he was better than you quoted. His sophomore year wasn't half bad. What I remember was the turnovers as much as his running out of bounds instead of throwing it away. But I was at the Vandy game where his running game saved us.

Nothing you've said moves me off, "I would love to see what Mullen could do with Driskel!"

I for sure did not think he had it upstairs last year. He was a train wreck.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That was pushing it a bunch, I agree.

I just looked at JD's stats and he was better than you quoted. His sophomore year wasn't half bad.

Yes, for half a season I guess 1400 yards isn't terrible.

He would have done with him what we did with other QBs who couldn't read the option, Jordan Reed and Ingram, moved him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Neither of you genius analysts have said that Franks will start more NFL games than Driskel, which is all I said. If that is " dumb crap", why just tell us how many NFL games Franks will start. If you can't do that, then all you are offering are lame excuses.
No team wanted Dipshyt on the field. Hell, only one terrible team wanted him on the scout squad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator