Spring Practice thread: Report: OT Noah Banks has been cleared to play

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Sos would have dominated the SEC w Brantley, Brissett and Grier.

DOMINATED.

Not behind the OL Brantley, Brissett and Grier lined up behind. It was the same damn story every season ... they look okay when we play teams with weak DL then total crap as soon as decent DL lined up on the other side. Not sure why this is even debatable. I mean really ... they didn't even lift weights the last few seasons.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Will Sammon put out an article on Jabari Zuniga this morning. If you don't have a sub to The Athletic, here's the highlights.

1. Zuniga had 19 hits on the quarterback, four more than Polite, according to data from Sports Info Solutions. Zuniga also accounted for 23 hurries (same as Polite), four knockdowns (same as Polite) and 33 total pressures (five fewer than Polite).

Grantham expects Zuniga to hit double digit sacks in 2019.

2. Grantham wanted Zuniga to add weight in another winter under strength coach Nick Savage, and while Florida hasn’t updated its official height and weight totals (he was listed at 6-feet-4, 257 pounds last season), Zuniga passed the eye-test this spring in that regard.

I asked Sammon as to how much bigger Zuniga is. I'll let you guys know when he responds.

3. Grantham said he will also try to feature Zuniga more as a pass rusher within the scheme of the defense to be in better position for sacks. For example, on third downs, Zuniga would often move inside, allowing former rush end CeCe Jefferson and Polite to anchor the outside on opposite ends.

“Last year, I played a lot of tackle in ‘Rabbits’ in the third-down packages, and this year I’m moving to outside a lot,” Zuniga said.

Someone like Moon or Diabate will play that inside role in the rabbits package that Zuniga played last season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You basically say the same thing I said after you provided me a dislike, facepalm or drunk reaction for saying it. Can't remember which one as it was sandwiched in with a with the other two choices of negative feedback from a couple of twatwaffles. Only a great college QB like Tebow could hide the LOS deficiencies we have had for the last 8 years.
You're kind of new around here so let me just reinforce a rule, if you bitch about dislikes you get even more dislikes.

I'm going to let you slide this time.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
You basically say the same thing I said after you provided me a dislike, facepalm or drunk reaction for saying it. Can't remember which one as it was sandwiched in with a with the other two choices of negative feedback from a couple of twatwaffles. Only a great college QB like Tebow could hide the LOS deficiencies we have had for the last 8 years.
The first rule of fight club . . .

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
All I know is he’s gonna be the guy until he pulls another UK or Mizzou out of his ass and falls flat...it might be when EJ takes over until Jalon assumes the throne

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Yeah, Moon and/or Diabate was a bad example/analogy/guess. Neither of those two need to play inside. Moon was getting praise from a lot of the players before he got injured. But unless he puts on 15+ lbs he's not going to be as effective as anyone would like. He's talented, but significantly underweight.....and Diabate is no more than the 4 games he's allowed to play and still redshirt. I expect to see him against the 2 1AA teams and who knows who else...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
All I know is he’s gonna be the guy until he pulls another UK or Mizzou out of his ass and falls flat...it might be when EJ takes over until Jalon assumes the throne

Yep I think Mullen will pull the trigger as soon as he struggles against an inferior opponent and it results in a loss. Could be after the first game of the year if we allowed Miami to pull a shocker.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You blame who for that?

Who do you blame for South Alabama?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They are going to move Moon and Diabate to DT so they can feature Zuniga at DE?

Yeah, this will be fun to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator