Spring Practice thread: Report: OT Noah Banks has been cleared to play

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Because we finished strong, so many forget how many God-awful passes Franks threw last year. He was unwatchable as a QB for at least 40% of the year.

And this is the seed for the bias against Franks = how flawed he was before Mullen taught him to be better. Regardless, the truth will play out in coming practices and the carrier of that truth will be our Gator starting QB and, hopefully a Gator hero for the season.

I just have this 'feeling' that our 2 QB-coaches plus Franks' eureka will lead to FF having an expansively stellar season leading his Gator team. In the past, where he was trapped into mistakes, he will punish those defenses by busting those traps. Hope so, Grow gators

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And this is the seed for the bias against Franks = how flawed he was before Mullen taught him to be better. Regardless, the truth will play out in coming practices and the carrier of that truth will be our Gator starting QB and, hopefully a Gator hero for the season.

I just have this 'feeling' that our 2 QB-coaches plus Franks' eureka will lead to FF having an expansively stellar season leading his Gator team. In the past, where he was trapped into mistakes, he will punish those defenses by busting those traps. Hope so, Grow gators
Franks has no chance to excel unless he shaves.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Because we finished strong, so many forget how many God-awful passes Franks threw last year. He was unwatchable as a QB for at least 40% of the year.

To be clear, I’m drawing no comparison between the two. But I vividly remember watching Wuerffel come into the ‘94 ut game and almost blowing the shutout with an immediate pick. The Aub game a few weeks later, and the ‘93 uk game were disasters as well. And that was with 2-3 years of direct coaching under arguably the best QB coach in football history.

Grier is probably the most gifted QB we’ve had in a decade, and outside of a few passes in a few games, he looked like garbage.

There are outliers, but most QBs need time and good coaching to amount to anything, and usually have some ugly moment along the way. He may get passed up by Jones, and I’m not guaranteeing he turns out to be a great one. But considering two years of JM, the change in offense, etc. I think it’s way too early to throw in the towel on FF. As you said, we typically remember the positives as imagine much of the negatives were less glaring. But that’s true across the board and only gets worse over time(see the Zook thread).

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Franks has no chance to excel unless he shaves.

Allow me to offer a different hypothesis - what if Franks, like Samson, actually improves with the length of his Prospector Pete beard.

For instance - Franks versus Michigan 2017; note the shortness of the fuzz.

upload_2019-3-20_22-39-30.png

5/9 for 75 yards, 5 rushes for 7 yards QBR of 18.1

Franks versus Michigan in the Peach Bowl:
upload_2019-3-20_22-47-33.png

13/23 173 yards 1 TD, 14 rushes for 74 yards 1 TD QBR 73.0

Now the hair is even longer.:grin:

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-20_22-36-14.png
    upload_2019-3-20_22-36-14.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 115

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Jihadi John to me.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Saw on social media that Franks shaved the chin fuzz. It’s confirmed, he reads this board.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Allow me to offer a different hypothesis - what if Franks, like Samson, actually improves with the length of his Prospector Pete beard.

For instance - Franks versus Michigan 2017; note the shortness of the fuzz.

5/9 for 75 yards, 5 rushes for 7 yards QBR of 18.1

Franks versus Michigan in the Peach Bowl:

13/23 173 yards 1 TD, 14 rushes for 74 yards 1 TD QBR 73.0

Now the hair is even longer.:grin:

I hate the face fuzz, but the argument is well laid.

...and funny.

You get a like. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.