Spring Practice thread: Report: OT Noah Banks has been cleared to play

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
Mullen hired Charlie Skalaski today as another Assistant Director of Player Personnel. Skalaski has mostly been a position coach at smaller schools. I think that gives us 10, only another 90 to go to catch up with bammer...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen hired Charlie Skalaski today as another Assistant Director of Player Personnel. Skalaski has mostly been a position coach at smaller schools. I think that gives us 10, only another 90 to go to catch up with bammer...

You mean Georgia. Believe it or not, Georgia has more than Bama now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It is a start. At least our only offseason addition wasnt a junior basketball coach, like Ole Butterteeth did.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The question about Burney won't be known until the scUM game. Can he handle the physicality of the position? Can he shed blocks? Or, is he going to be swallowed against the run?

Zachary Carter at DT? Huh?

Rabbits package. 4-5 guys will play that spot in the spring and fall. Possibly, it will go into the season until someone steps up.

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
There is a lot of what the fvkk in there. Little Reese moves from safety to Rush End? Dafuq.

I'm going to assume most of this is Bob Redman not knowing wtf he's talking about.
In my 50+ years on earth, I've never seen someone wrong as often as he is. You'd think that fat fvkk would have a brain stuffed into one of those 87 chins.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Zachary Carter at DT? Huh?

I've ranted for almost a year about the size of Carter. He's built really well. Not built like a typical DT but his size/strength may be worth a look at a position where we are low in numbers.

Also, saw someone talk about little Reese, dude looked jacked in the fall from what I saw. I coul see him be like a Moon.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Carter and the pass rush ends are only playing DT in obvious passing situations. The giants under Coughlin used to do something similar the year they beat Brady in the SB. They had so many speed rushers, they'd put them all in at once. Drove QBs crazy. They are the only ones I know of that did it and were successful though.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've ranted for almost a year about the size of Carter. He's built really well. Not built like a typical DT but his size/strength may be worth a look at a position where we are low in numbers.

Also, saw someone talk about little Reese, dude looked jacked in the fall from what I saw. I coul see him be like a Moon.
I can't wait to see him on the field. I prefer to see him that star, or a true bama or LSU sized strong safety. But I guess he's likely to play one of the true outside backers, I guess strong side. As always this is going to make us super small.

I can't imagine him playing at The rush end/ linebacker position unless they were playing something like cover four and only rushing three guys.

Burney at the will linebacker in this system is an inside linebacker.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. They had so many speed rushers, they'd put them all in at once. Drove QBs crazy. They are the only ones I know of that did it and were successful though.
that's because most teams would just run a draw right at it.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
A tweener LB definitely isn't suited to play Nickel.

I think Dean and Steele will get a lot of work there. Chiefly, Dean. Although, Chauncey made a lot of coverage calls from that position. Not sure how much trust you can put into a True Fr. At the same time, I'm drawing empty when thinking of possible upperclassmen replacements. But somebody's gotta play it. Maybe that's why Burney and Reese are getting looks. We're actually dangerously thin at nickel.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A tweener LB definitely isn't suited to play Nickel
He is a tweener between DB and LB. He isnt a tweener LB/DE.

Hell Greenard is the only tweener DE/LB we have. The rest of our "rush" players are really undersized even to play LB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator