Spring Practice thread: Report: OT Noah Banks has been cleared to play

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I got a drunk rating over my comment that losing your temper and throwing a football at a teammate like a petulant child underlined Franks’ immaturity. An immaturity that was seen last two seasons when he shushed the crowd, got flustered on the field, was depressed when things weren’t going well, etc.

I have said wild things before, but I believe that pointing to a tangible event and observing that said event underlines that he still has growing up to do, especially as the QB1 and on the field leader for this team, may have been the most sober item I have contributed here.

I wouldn’t have given you one over that and there is some truth to your point. But it’s football and kids. Preseason is when all the fights take place.

I’m less concerned about the tempers flaring than I am about how they come together as a team as the season begins. I was just reminded by a friend about an apparent knock down/drag out fight we had outside a club in Okinawa 40 years ago that I couldnt even remember. Too many to count. But his point was it started a bigger brawl which took place while he and I had already sat back down at the bar and resumed drinking together. Marines got in a lot of fights and then drank it off as best friends. I suspect the football players have an element of that culture as well. Absolutely no concerns.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I seriously wonder if some of you have been to football practices. There are fights every damn day. Hell, if you were a coach and your kids werent fighting, you'd be pissed. This isn't chess club.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
On another note.....did Copeland get hurt again? I just saw a tweet from him “I’ll be Back”!!!

Did I miss this?

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
I got a drunk rating over my comment that losing your temper and throwing a football at a teammate like a petulant child underlined Franks’ immaturity. An immaturity that was seen last two seasons when he shushed the crowd, got flustered on the field, was depressed when things weren’t going well, etc.

I have said wild things before, but I believe that pointing to a tangible event and observing that said event underlines that he still has growing up to do, especially as the QB1 and on the field leader for this team, may have been the most sober item I have contributed here.
I'm with you. His lack of self awareness and leadership skills is his biggest problem. Followed closely by his lack of accuracy an inability to read a defense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Followed closely by his lack of accuracy an inability to read a defense.
I agree. And yet he played better last year than I thought possible.

We will see what he does this year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
the bar was subterranean, so better is relative.
Everyone sucked under Butters, even Grier except for one half of a game.

31 tds and 6 ints is functional. That is the bottom line.

If he starts terribly, he will be replaced, no doubt in my mind.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Everyone sucked under Butters, even Grier except for one half of a game.

31 tds and 6 ints is functional. That is the bottom line.

If he starts terribly, he will be replaced, no doubt in my mind.
Stats don't tell the story. I've watched him play for two years. Just don't think he has it. Hope I'm dead wrong, but seems he shrinks when the stakes are biggest. I prefer the opposite in my QB's.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Stats don't tell the story. I've watched him play for two years. Just don't think he has it. Hope I'm dead wrong, but seems he shrinks when the stakes are biggest. I prefer the opposite in my QB's.
I don't know what you are remembering, but Choker giving up 27 points to Ky Jelly (175 yards to Snell, 100 rushing yards to Wilson and we actually made him look like a competent passer) and 38 points to MIzzu is what caused us the inexcusable losses.

Dont even get me started on both the edge defense and especially trashtastic safety play vs Ugly.

Mullinz offense just doesnt work without a running QB. Franks seems to get that now. If he doesn't, we move on, hopefully quickly.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Franks handed KY the last 6 points of those 27 and he missed a wide open Toney on a late 2 point play. He also overthrew a wide open flea flicker to the start the UGA game and then fumbled on the 1 yard line with the game on the line. After that loss, he completely mailed it in against MIzzu, throwing for a whopping 80 yards before getting benched for Trask. Once the season was lost, he woke up a bit when the pressure was off. Not real excited about watching him blow another season before we move on. I'd prefer to hand the ball to the next guy, whoever that is.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is GatorNation, yet we have many proselytizing for Franks' dethrowning.
Like Swonkey points out : in a learning season 31 TDs .... 6 INTs. Wait 'til next season.
These practice incidents occur with many players. They do not measure maturity or anything diminishing skills.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

You got another drunk rating for whining about the first one.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I love the revisionist history that Franks was benched for Trask before Trask broke another nail on that brutal clipboard. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.