Spring Practice thread: Report: OT Noah Banks has been cleared to play

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Good God ... what a load of selfish, hypocritical bowl of stinky ox poo. You talk about how horrible the coaching had been and all the misery you as a fan had to go through like that is all that matters. Yet not once do you extend that same miserable situation to the players and Franks. You have talked crap about him for his entire career because of his horrible play and how he has the actual nerve to tell you to shush when you are actively booing him ON HIS FIELD? That really kinda makes you the one validating those jackasses you whine about above who say Gator fans are spoiled. Well ... reading the above ... it sure kinda sounds like its true with your argument on why you still complain about Franks shushing you. Hell ... I would shush you too ... but it would be the middle finger over my lips. Jeesh ... all he did was put his finger over the lips.

So ... while you were being miserable looking from the outside in ... guys like Franks were even more miserable ... I promise. And not only do they have to put up with the crap butters was doing ... they have to listen to fans booing them on their home field?

Come on ... stop being a ninkumpoop and get over it. You are the first to jump on anyone who complains about how Meyer left the program and call them jilted lovers ... well ...
Eff you.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I'm just protective of the fans. Not sure why.
Even the ones that BOO our players? I think Franks was justified to to do what he did after being Booed ,hell I even think it showed some grit. Some people can dish it out but can't take it when it comes back on them.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Even the ones that BOO our players? I think Franks was justified to to do what he did after being Booed ,hell I even think it showed some grit. Some people can dish it out but can't take it when it comes back on them.
Yes, fans have every right to boo players if they want to. They're fans. Players should never take them so personally. Never. This isn't Pop Warner, these guys are all grown up.

Make a play and those boos turn into cheers instantly.

P.S. - This was my 20,000th post. :dance:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Grit? Lol.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Yes, fans have every right to boo players if they want to. They're fans. Players should never take them so personally. Never. This isn't Pop Warner, these guys are all grown up.

Make a play and those boos turn into cheers instantly.
Of course everyone has their own take on it. My take is it's chickenchit and it takes a chickenchit to Boo a 18,19, 20 year old kid.
But hay that just my take. I would never boo my own team but if it makes you feel like a big man BOO to your hearts content.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Of course everyone has their own take on it. My take is it's chickenchit and it takes a chickenchit to Boo a 18,19, 20 year old kid.
But hay that just my take. I would never boo my own team but if it makes you feel like a big man BOO to your hearts content.
I don't necessarily disagree with you. I've never booed my own players at a sporting event, but I don't castigate those that do as subhuman. They are fans, and fans are a-holes. By definition.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't necessarily disagree with you. I've never booed my own players at a sporting event, but I don't castigate those that do as subhuman. They are fans, and fans are a-holes. By definition.

I think the term you're looking for is "fanatics". Of course, some fanatics are indeed a-holes.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Ok maybe I was a little hard on the Booers.
It would be interesting to see the results of one of your polls. "Do you think its OK to Boo your own team"

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ok maybe I was a little hard on the Booers.
It would be interesting to see the results of one of your polls. "Do you think its OK to Boo your own team"
I would assume that most would say no, but so what? There's always going to be a percentage of obnoxious jerks at sporting events. It's been that way since the beginning of time. Often alcohol has an effect on that.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

I boo the refs and opponents. I don’t boo our team or coaches. I did scream at Darrell Jackson to not try and field that punt on the 4 yard line against Bama in 1999. You know, the one that lost us that game AND set us up for a rematch in Atlanta where we got plowed. I may have shouted “IDIOT!” but he couldn’t hear me from row 55.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.