Spring Practice thread: Report: OT Noah Banks has been cleared to play

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nice try....you, Ox and a few others have been screaming since the Idaho game that EJ should be the guy....perhaps you should hire The Donkey to go back and edit your post from the last 4 month's....:rolleyes3:
Everything about Franks screams capped. But, hey, if he wins the job, more power to him. I do think until we get a more dangerous runner as a quarterback and a guy who can make better throws, there'll be a limit to what this offense can accomplish. In the meantime, may the best man win.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
For some reason Crete thinks EJ is too small, even though a guy even smaller than him just won the Heisman.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Everything about Franks screams capped.
Based on what? His numbers from 2017 compared to 2018? his play from last Sept. to last Jan Bowl game? If he makes anywhere even half of those improvements he will probably be All Conference....
So let me get this straight....you are all for putting Jones in over a possible All conference player who has 2 full years of experience and is a perfect physical fit for our offensive system?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Based on what? His numbers from 2017 compared to 2018? his play from last Sept. to last Jan Bowl game? If he makes anywhere even half of those improvements he will probably be All Conference....
So let me get this straight....you are all for putting Jones in over a possible All conference player who has 2 full years of experience and is a perfect physical fit for our offensive system?
You're laughable, dude, you're that thick in the skull. Figure it out on your own.

@Ox: Yes and no re EJ's size, and I don't mean to be vague. Mullen's offense, per Dak, works best with a slightly beefier guy behind center who can navigate between the tackles based on the reads he picks up. Height doesn't mean shyt. Neither Dak nor Tebow got their yards running around people. It was based on seams up the middle.

Jones is clearly the better runner of the two. Can and will Mullen make the adjustment to take advantage of his speed and elusiveness? I hope so.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Can and will Mullen make the adjustment to take advantage of his speed and elusiveness?
I hear he's been returning punts and doing pretty well....
4706fd18bd5112db0d1fdde26a838f7c

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, 100%. And you'll be right there with us after the first month of the season.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No Crete ... all GC can attest to Swonkey trashing every new player & every incoming coach. (You've seen the photos. Nobody measures up to that prick Swamp Donkey.)

The season-ending upswing in Frank's performances gives any of us the right to hope (expect) Franks to :
1) kick butt on runs
2) "fire" it into tight spots with pin-point accuracy (like few other CFB QBs can)
3) pass at a higher completion %
4) show better, quicker judgement that comes from experience & thorough more "Mullenization".
5) arch more accurate long pass gains
6) excite to the max our receivers & our sidelines.

Don't forget that we have an explosive running attack to enhance our passing. A running attack I bet like no opponent is ready to deal with. And a wise HC, that has had a year's Franks training. :cool:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm liking this guy Mullens a little more these days - him and KS are not the best of buds, and I like that he takes his digs at them.

@NickdelaTorreGC
Mullen asked about Georgia scheduling FSU.
“We play Florida State, so people are trying to catch up to us, with how tough our schedule is, to be honest with you. We play Florida State every year, right? Georgia is playing them. They’re trying to catch up to us, I guess."

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Y'all crack me up.

Mullen's Offense runs much better with a Dual Threat QB

Though EJ appears to have improved, Mullen is sticking with Frank's

Just know Farnks will be better than last year but one day it will be a Running QB.

Either way, y'all know why more than me.

Carry On

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For some reason Crete thinks EJ is too small, even though a guy even smaller than him just won the Heisman.

Yeah, we need more Jeff Driskels and less Kyler Murrays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.