Spring Practice thread: Report: OT Noah Banks has been cleared to play

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I guess he could be up to 180#...

This will be you one day, but GatorChatter.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That pic was from January 2018. No chance he's been in the weight room since then, huh?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Yeah, I honestly remember you pushing Treon over Driskel. Little fuzzy on Grier, seems like you were pro Grier and then by the time he was suspended, you already said he was overrated, but Treon still sucked.

Early in the season he was pro Treon. Law never had a lot of love for Grier. But he do like him some midgets.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Therefore, EJ has shown no potential.
(That's as biased as saying Franks can develop no better.)

Last year, not once did Mullen send EJ in to bail out a faltering Franks. Many ignore that EJ didn't even get enough playing time to be on a true schedule as a backup QB. So, Mullen viewed Franks as much better to invest time in or he would have used EJ more. Why was EJ used too little last year?

Didn't mean to imply that you post meant that Theo.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Early in the season he was pro Treon. Law never had a lot of love for Grier. But he do like him some midgets.
I had a lot of love for his game. I had no love for people trying to claim he changed the offense in 2016 or whatever, when he had three good quarters, but that is a reflection of Butters not really Grier. Butters offense just sucked all the time and no amount of talent was going to overcome it.

I have no love for him being a cokehead and roid head who got himself banned, no doubt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dont over react. Everything isnt a black white thing. In fact many of the Drisky supporters are now Treon supporters oddly enough. And some ignorant fools have been spouting the "he wants to redshirt" bs all along. Or my favorite, Grier needs to put on weight even though hes 30 lbs heavier than Treon.
Backup QB is Treon Harris

and more. Several posts in that one, with Crete being a tool as always.

Most sites are showing HS numbers. Grier is in the 205 range now.

No matter what the exact number is, he's plenty big enough and has a quick release, something that has been sorely missing around here.

Don't bother Knox, Laws convinced that 1 is a midget and the other is anorexic. We're doomed to fail with either.
No, Law is convinced that he hasn't seen others actually toss a college pass so I'm not going to get on the bandwagon for one or the other and of course, get mad if the other one plays.
No one here has either. They are either repeating something another blatherer wrote or repeating nonsense like "WG wants to redshirt!"

And for what it's worth, Concrete head, QB is a spot where you don't need to look like a LB and looking like a LB is usually detrimental (throwing mechanics). I do want to see a focus on getting a QB for the future than can actually complete a forward pass. To me it's quite encouraging that the HS and allstar game tapes of both these kids actually included mostly forward passes, so we aren't starting with a guy who couldn't even throw for 2000 yards a year in HS--Driskel obviousl-- and trying to make him into a college QB.

If they plan to run the QB, he will get hurt often, regardless of the weight. Tebow is the only QB in history that could rush the ball 30 times a game and not get torn apart.
Who will be named backup QB?

Or this one:

Here is the thing, I haven't seen anyone pumping Treon or declaring him the clear cut heir apparent. Personally, I prefer a Qb who throws first and throws well. If he runs well, even the better, but I have never been one who thinks the Qb should be one of your primary Rbs.

I would have PREFERRED to see Grier last year but it didn't happen. If I were to bet or predict who wins this year, it would be Will.

However the antiTreon stuff is stupid.
QB Battle

Or this:
Treon Harris to Transfer

further evidence that Crete actually does use his own supply.

ahem.... :lmao2:

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Look, you were probably drunk, but you let it slip in game day chat more than once.
The only thing I miss about the suckage days then was when Donkey would get hammered to the gills on Scotch which would lead Ox to giving him a vacation every other week because of his post game threads....:lol2:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The only thing I miss about the suckage days then was when Donkey would get hammered to the gills on Scotch which would lead Ox to giving him a vacation every other week because of his post game threads....:lol2:

The way Swonkey is now posting has to be due to medical advice.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Therefore, EJ has shown no potential.
(That's as biased as saying Franks can develop no better.)

Last year, not once did Mullen send EJ in to bail out a faltering Franks. Many ignore that EJ didn't even get enough playing time to be on a true schedule as a backup QB. So, Mullen viewed Franks as much better to invest time in or he would have used EJ more. Why was EJ used too little last year?

Good points - just want to clarify that I was referring to my own observations. I haven’t attended the open practices or delved into any of his tape, etc.

I expect his lack of PT had to do with not wanting to burn his redshirt, which means he wasn’t ready to plug & play, take over etc. Neither was Justin Fields.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.