Spurrier weighs in on Mac's departure

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He made it obvious when he referenced giving plays to Nuss that he thought these dudes were completely clueless
The systems are entirely different.

They didn't understand the concept of scoring.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not going to research it, but find Spurrier's worst offense anywhere, here, Duke, or USC, and I bet the lowest it is overall is maybe in the 70s or high 80s....no where near 100 or lower.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
The promise of grief will keep our AD off the phone.

You're right. How dare I'd want the best coach out there who could start recruiting immediately and put UF back on the map as a major power because he was given a show-cause for his assistants paying a recruiting service; even the NCAA cleared him but stuck him due to the rule that says if your assistants commit violations you get charged too.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not going to research it, but find Spurrier's worst offense anywhere, here, Duke, or USC, and I bet the lowest it is overall is maybe in the 70s or high 80s....no where near 100 or lower.
Well, maybe at USC after he handed off OC duties. He wasn't really our ole SOS the last few years.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Its all about risk and reward. I'd be willing to take a risk on Kelly

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He said he wants to be a quarterback coach. Uh... What are we waiting for?

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I'm starting to think SOS wants to be on the staff as the Qb's coach. In the article he said he would think about coaching high school or take a Qb coaching position but when ML called him up to offer that job to him at his high school he said problem was he lived in Gainesville. It's worth asking when the next guy comes in. Having one of the greatest HC of all time on your staff a heisman trophy winning Qb, plenty of success developing Qb's I'd at least ask.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If I were Shannon and I had designs on making this a permanent gig, I'd ditch Nuss' sorry ass immediately and reach out to Spurrier. I mean, it's not like Shannon has anything to lose other than continue on as a journeyman coordinator.

As for Spurrier accepting, 50/50.

Go for it, Randy.

GatorintheKnox

Masshole
Sep 20, 2015
If I’m Taggart, I wouldn’t leave Oregon anyway. Having Nike in your back pocket is a definite plus. I just don’t see any west coast guys succeeding at UF. Those Florida high school ties are too damn important. Frost seems like most people’s logical choice.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
If I were Shannon and I had designs on making this a permanent gig, I'd ditch Nuss' sorry ass immediately and reach out to Spurrier. I mean, it's not like Shannon has anything to lose other than continue on as a journeyman coordinator.

As for Spurrier accepting, 50/50.

Go for it, Randy.

I believe that SOS would be a HS coach, and not an OC in college. He might be QB coach for us but if he did that it would be a several years commitment to be fair to the players. I don't see him doing that, I could be wrong.

I do wonder if Shannon wants it, or if I want him.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I believe that SOS would be a HS coach, and not an OC in college. He might be QB coach for us but if he did that it would be a several years commitment to be fair to the players. I don't see him doing that, I could be wrong.

I do wonder if Shannon wants it, or if I want him.

I think it's logical to think that, Chief, but I also think it's logical to think that a one- or two-month commitment could represent the perfect opp for SOS to test the waters and have some fun without fear of a serious commitment.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I'm starting to think SOS wants to be on the staff as the Qb's coach. In the article he said he would think about coaching high school or take a Qb coaching position but when ML called him up to offer that job to him at his high school he said problem was he lived in Gainesville. It's worth asking when the next guy comes in. Having one of the greatest HC of all time on your staff a heisman trophy winning Qb, plenty of success developing Qb's I'd at least ask.
This! Given SOS' statements, he's got to be invited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.