Squirrel Suits

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know this isn’t anything new. Could our resident Airborne guys do it? I’m like No Fuchs Way.

@Homer J No sure who else. @Detroitgator would have been on the ground coordinating. @Swamp Donkey would have been drawing in the sand.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't do it for the thrill or to try and die. I did it because I thought the beret' would help me pick up chicks. :)

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
No way. Not this nor y’all’s other squirrel suit activities;)

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
In my 20's, maybe.

In my overweight, diabetic, fear of heights 50's? No.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I mentioned this years ago, but I met Jeb in Dubai around 2008. He was a good guy, but fukked in the head for sure, and the guys I was with that knew him were all guys with a minimum of 500 jumps, and I don't think of any them as fukked in the head.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
While a student at UF, I started jumping with Falling Gators out of the Williston Airport.

There are ton of different sub-interests in skydiving. People who stick with the sport usually start going down some of these avenues.

One is a 4 person competition team called 4 way. There are all sorts of different formations. Organizers will draw these formations and you have to go through them in sequence. I was on the UF team. I traveled to Pittsburg for awhile and did a team there. Moved to Philly and I got on the dropzone team and we travelled the country promoting that dropzone.

Along the way, I ended jumping out just about anything that flew. Helicopters, biplanes, the back of DC9. Even jumped a hot air balloon out of Lake Wales.

I met Jeb, and he is correct. The more experienced you get, the more you need to push it. The parachutes get smaller and smaller as you learn. You get better and better at gliding them along the ground. The margin of error starts to decrease dramatically.

I dabbled in big way stuff. 20 planes would go up and 20 people would jump out of each. Highly, highly organized as to exactly where you need to be at all times. I really didnt like being surrounded by that many in the sky.

I started BASE jumping off the Perrine Bridge in Twin Falls, Idaho. 500ft. That shiit was nuts.

All that to say.... I tried a wing suit once. I had about 750 jumps at the time. An extreme noob in the elite world. Anyway, I knew it was "too far" for me and I only did it that one time.

One of my 4way teams leaving a Twin Otter (I am at 1 oclock):
Brad4way.jpg

Just as we are stepping off the hot air balloon:
Balloon.jpg

Twin Falls (drogue chute used to deploy the main canopy is already in my right hand):
brad6.jpg

TwinFalls.jpg

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
While a student at UF, I started jumping with Falling Gators out of the Williston Airport.

There are ton of different sub-interests in skydiving. People who stick with the sport usually start going down some of these avenues.

One is a 4 person competition team called 4 way. There are all sorts of different formations. Organizers will draw these formations and you have to go through them in sequence. I was on the UF team. I traveled to Pittsburg for awhile and did a team there. Moved to Philly and I got on the dropzone team and we travelled the country promoting that dropzone.

Along the way, I ended jumping out just about anything that flew. Helicopters, biplanes, the back of DC9. Even jumped a hot air balloon out of Lake Wales.

I met Jeb, and he is correct. The more experienced you get, the more you need to push it. The parachutes get smaller and smaller as you learn. You get better and better at gliding them along the ground. The margin of error starts to decrease dramatically.

I dabbled in big way stuff. 20 planes would go up and 20 people would jump out of each. Highly, highly organized as to exactly where you need to be at all times. I really didnt like being surrounded by that many in the sky.

I started BASE jumping off the Perrine Bridge in Twin Falls, Idaho. 500ft. That shiit was nuts.

All that to say.... I tried a wing suit once. I had about 750 jumps at the time. An extreme noob in the elite world. Anyway, I knew it was "too far" for me and I only did it that one time.

One of my 4way teams leaving a Twin Otter (I am at 1 oclock):

Just as we are stepping off the hot air balloon:

Twin Falls (drogue chute used to deploy the main canopy is already in my right hand):

You’re an idiot. This confirms it.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve been skydiving, once; and it was awesome. However, I would never jump out of a functioning airplane again. I’d rather fly a Cessna, and I gave that up a long time ago.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
There was a guy in Hume Hall that jumped. Used to claim that he had 500 takeoffs and no airplane landings. Really thought pilots were nuts to try and land in aeroplane.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
'Ive been 140 ft under water but theres not enough money to get me to do that.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: I knew it wasn't a twin!

Favorite plane was a Casa C-212. A powerful Spanish cargo plane where you could run out the back at full sprint and do a cannonball. The real problem was it couldnt go slow. So you actually slowed down while exiting.

Skyvan.jpg

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One last story, probably my favorite jump was a twilight jump over the Delmarva Peninsula. Me and 4 great friends jumped out at 13,000 feet and immediately deployed our parachutes. You could see the sun setting on the other side of the Chesapeake on one side, and practically forever into the Atlantic on the other side. Before we got on the plane, we all shoved 2 beers into our jumpsuits. There is a way to sorta attached your parachutes side by side. So the person on either side of me is only about 6 feet away. So we watched the sun set, while drinking beer, under canopy, at 10,000 ft up.

Interestingly, and unbeknownst to any of us, that kind of altitude really changes the impact of a beer.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Isn't it ridiculous to look at how short 140' laid out on the ground looks vs going down 100'+? Unreal.
I know, that dive was so long ago we were using Navy dive tables, had 12 min bottom time with two safety stops. Had the old horse collar BC's
Most of my dive time was spent 5-15 ft in the Suwannee River looking for .....................stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.