Stadium Upgrades & Golf Course (Stricklin Interview)

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It would be nice to have all the seats "backed" like most stadiums are going to now. There are many upgrades that need to be done.

Mixed feelings on chair backs. Yes, they’d be nice. But chairs with backs encourage people to sit and stay seated. Great for the NFL, not so much in college. Aluminum bleachers encourage people to stand up and be excited and loud, which has a direct affect on the opponent. So actually, I take it back. No mixed feelings. I’d don’t like it. If you need a chair back, pay the extra couple bucks or bet better seats.

And 2Bits nailed it. We’re constantly catering to fat people. It’s enough already.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Mixed feelings on chair backs. Yes, they’d be nice. But chairs with backs encourage people to sit and stay seated. Great for the NFL, not so much in college. Aluminum bleachers encourage people to stand up and be excited and loud, which has a direct affect on the opponent. So actually, I take it back. No mixed feelings. I’d don’t like it. If you need a chair back, pay the extra couple bucks or bet better seats.

And 2Bits nailed it. We’re constantly catering to fat people. It’s enough already.

I had one game where a VERY Fat Drunk in the lower South End Zone, passed out in front of me and pinned me in my seat...the police had to remove him.

I like seat backs just for that reason...I have a defined seat. It's why I like arm rests on a plane.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I had one game where a VERY Fat Drunk in the lower South End Zone, passed out in front of me and pinned me in my seat...the police had to remove him.

I like seat backs just for that reason...I have a defined seat. It's why I like arm rests on a plane.

That’s why I say they have a place. Just don’t see it as being a stadium wide need. Sorry to hear about your experience. Had to have been the most awkward We Are The Boys ever.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Great for the NFL, not so much in college. Aluminum bleachers encourage people to stand up and be excited and loud, which has a direct affect on the opponent.

Except third down where a growing number of people think the proper thing to do is hold their hands in the air like they have money while being silent as the grave.

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
That’s why I say they have a place. Just don’t see it as being a stadium wide need. Sorry to hear about your experience. Had to have been the most awkward We Are The Boys ever.

No, he was carried out early in the 1st Qtr.

The problem with your proposal...People sell their seats. So that pretty slim Co-ed that usually has the seat in front of you...is now a 350lb drunk who has been tail gating all morning and who has no consideration for your personal space.

Hurrig8r

Nov 18, 2017
Just by looking at an aerial of BHG, I believe I have a great suggestion. Do all the seat upgrades, widen the aisles, put in handrails etc...Maximize what's there. A low end reduction of seats will obviously be needed to do this all. It could be nearly 15-20000, leaving BHG in the 68-73000 neighborhood. MY PITCH.....To offset this, there is just enough room on the east side between BHG, the old gym and Health Center, to erect a single pile support structure to house an overhanging upper deck on the east side grandstand, complete with modern racks of field lighting. This could reduce the seat loss by 12000 and keep BHG between 80 and 85000. Astatically this upper deck would balance out the large west stand/press-box, giving the east grandstand some vertical equivalence to the west side. The stadium would now have 2 upper-deck façades, east and west upper-decks to place thin video score boards like the ones on the north end upper-deck. The video effect inside the bowl would be out of this world.... Talk about fan experience...

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Just by looking at an aerial of BHG, I believe I have a great suggestion. Do all the seat upgrades, widen the aisles, put in handrails etc...Maximize what's there. A low end reduction of seats will obviously be needed to do this all. It could be nearly 15-20000, leaving BHG in the 68-73000 neighborhood. MY PITCH.....To offset this, there is just enough room on the east side between BHG, the old gym and Health Center, to erect a single pile support structure to house an overhanging upper deck on the east side grandstand, complete with modern racks of field lighting. This could reduce the seat loss by 12000 and keep BHG between 80 and 85000. Astatically this upper deck would balance out the large west stand/press-box, giving the east grandstand some vertical equivalence to the west side. The stadium would now have 2 upper-deck façades, east and west upper-decks to place thin video score boards like the ones on the north end upper-deck. The video effect inside the bowl would be out of this world.... Talk about fan experience...

Someone has put some thought into this.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Back in the day the more the merrier, but now I need a little comfort, been in the south Endzone since 84 and the chairbacks are really nice. Befor that was in section 72 row one I think, could talk with the players.
You also wore an onion on your belt, which was the style at the time.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am hoping that they focus on the needs/desires of the paying customers more so than the students.

Today’s UF student is barely interested in sports and many either don’t attend or sit still staring at their phones for 3 hours.

If chair backs reduce the capacity, take most of it from the unused student section.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No, he was carried out early in the 1st Qtr.

The problem with your proposal...People sell their seats. So that pretty slim Co-ed that usually has the seat in front of you...is now a 350lb drunk who has been tail gating all morning and who has no consideration for your personal space.
Let me just apologize again, man. I'm sorry

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I like the suggestion to add another upper deck, upgrade all seats except for the lowest rung of the stadium which will be encouraged to stand, which in turn will force the comfy seats to stand if they want to see.

Its a streaming, TV world anyway and I don't think people baing rabid in the stands has as much of an effect on the game as people make out. Either the team is good or they aren't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.