Stricklin talks about updating Ben Hill Griffin stadium again

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just claiming that if any expenditure can be postponed, this can be -- left as is for now until Grand FB facilities are completed. I'm being anal to this extent : hold all things hostage 'til going full-bore on building the facilities other schools are getting accolades for, while we're being disparaged over this lack.
P.S. >> It's not an important point.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Could the OP learn how to spell our AD's name, please??!!!
Ah, yes! Our fellow Gators who can't spell Percy Harvin(Harvins), Jeff Driskel(Driskell, Driskoll,) and Chris Richard(Cliff Richards, can't even spell Cliff Richard's, British pop singer, name correctly). Oh, and I can't forget Antonio Callaway(Calloway).

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I just read a Dooley article.

tenor.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ah, yes! Our fellow Gators who can't spell Percy Harvin(Harvins), Jeff Driskel(Driskell, Driskoll,) and Chris Richard(Cliff Richards, can't even spell Cliff Richard's, British pop singer, name correctly). Oh, and I can't forget Antonio Callaway(Calloway).
Mullinz, Harvinz, and a few others were James Jonesisms.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I'm a fan of this plan.

I'd be even more of a fan if we cut the student allocation by a third to a half. I think they should make the student section first come first serve and move it entirely to the lower bowl, maybe connecting with band on one side and starting where the opponents are currently and moving over to the middle two sections right behind the opponent bench. Make those updeck seats in the sunburn sadist zone where the bulk of the empty student seats are now with a discount family friendly ticket area. I'm sure you'd get a better turn out from the surrounding counties at a lower ticket price and that part of the stadium is prime for it.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Stricklin: I don’t know if there’s anything that’s been a big surprise. I’m reminded daily what a special place Florida is. There is an outside perception that — because the Gators won so much in football under Steve Spurrier and Urban Meyer — any time they weren’t winning there is this angry mob of a fan base.

I haven’t found that. I think the fan base is incredibly supportive. That’s probably the biggest misnomer from the outside.

Gators are really good people. That’s been a pleasant surprise.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
There was a lot of good stuff in there other than the reduction in seating. The idea is to have better seats, and in some ways encourage students to get their early. Apparently things are different now, they used to have blocks for various organizations like frats.

It seems like our AD is smart and is thinking ahead. No questions on say improved dorms, I understand that stand alone athletic dorms are not allowed somehow. Why is a great question. I wonder if an all athlete apartment complex would be allowed, not just football.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I'm a fan of this plan.

I'd be even more of a fan if we cut the student allocation by a third to a half. I think they should make the student section first come first serve and move it entirely to the lower bowl, maybe connecting with band on one side and starting where the opponents are currently and moving over to the middle two sections right behind the opponent bench. Make those updeck seats in the sunburn sadist zone where the bulk of the empty student seats are now with a discount family friendly ticket area. I'm sure you'd get a better turn out from the surrounding counties at a lower ticket price and that part of the stadium is prime for it.

Good idea! But IMO a better idea is to do as you propose but instead turn those upper level, "sun" seats into the Opponent's seating area.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Good idea! But IMO a better idea is to do as you propose but instead turn those upper level, "sun" seats into the Opponent's seating area.

Oh, I say kick their asses out of the lower bowl. Give them two sections up there - period. Ideally the two most miserable ones in that upper corner.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think the writing is on the wall about reducing seating. The NFL figured that out...you need quality seating EVEN if that means fewer seats.

There’s a certain NFL team with about a 1,000 year waiting list for season tickets that still has metal bleacher seating :grin:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
There’s a certain NFL team with about a 1,000 year waiting list for season tickets that still has metal bleacher seating :grin:

Owned by the CITY.

NFL did not let Louisiana buy the Saints

And why did ATL destroy a perfectly good stadium?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Owned by the CITY.

NFL did not let Louisiana buy the Saints

And why did ATL destroy a perfectly good stadium?

I know I’m just messing with you.

Though personally give me Lambeau Field any day over other NFL stadiums. Cram me in with the masses close to the field vs the monstrosities they have elsewhere where you need binoculars to see the action. With bleacher seats you are always right on top of the action

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I know I’m just messing with you.

Though personally give me Lambeau Field any day over other NFL stadiums. Cram me in with the masses close to the field vs the monstrosities they have elsewhere where you need binoculars to see the action. With bleacher seats you are always right on top of the action

I like seat backs...had issues in the Swamp with Drunks and it was not pretty.

That said, smaller venues have helped at schools like Tulane. Much more intimate and fun. No one went when they played in the dome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator