Stricklin talks about updating Ben Hill Griffin stadium again

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Attendance has been declining all over college football. Smart decision to improve the game day experience for the fans who actually attend.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just when Mullen Mania starts packing fans in?
So we're deconstructing fan facilities before spending money on player FB facilities?

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I think the writing is on the wall about reducing seating. The NFL figured that out...you need quality seating EVEN if that means fewer seats.

LSU used to have open seating when I was there...every student got in free with ID...tickets were in your fees.

They got rid of that because some complained because they never went to games. Why should they pay? (even though it was VERY CHEAP) So they went to Florida's system. The new AD even came from UF. It ruined the experience.

I think the Student Tickets should be MUCH cheaper BUT in an area like the So. End Zone and first come first serve.

I also think that they should put seat backs everywhere they can. 80K is plenty big enough.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Moving season ticket holders to the east 50 comes with a drawback, esp early in the year. The sun.

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
Reduce seats? :shakehead:
Gotta disagree. Stricklands justification of removing 5,000 away team seat and student seats makes a lot of sense to me.

Take those seats and improve the stadium experience, move the students, change students to GA, add shade to the east side that misses the sideline. I will take all of that for 8,000 seats

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Just when Mullen Mania starts packing fans in?
So we're deconstructing fan facilities before spending money on player FB facilities?

You can't deduct Season Tickets BUT you can deduct donations...That's where the new Facilities should come from.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You can't deduct Season Tickets BUT you can deduct donations...That's where the new Facilities should come from.

... just pointing out that it requires spending money for deconstruction then repair-reconstruction in that area.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like Strickland. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders about this everything. Thanks for sharing.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
... just pointing out that it requires spending money for deconstruction then repair-reconstruction in that area.

Understood BUT if the seats are not sold, you can't get that money back. I consider the Stadium part of the Facilities...Kids want to play in packed stadiums.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
There wasn’t a single game this past season where the visitors’ seats and student seats were completely full. Reducing capacity and widening seats makes sense.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta disagree. Stricklands justification of removing 5,000 away team seat and student seats makes a lot of sense to me.

Take those seats and improve the stadium experience, move the students, change students to GA, add shade to the east side that misses the sideline. I will take all of that for 8,000 seats
What are we....UCF?
:scoff:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There wasn’t a single game this past season where the visitors’ seats and student seats were completely full. Reducing capacity and widening seats makes sense.
On a more serious note, I would support reduction in seats if it involved a move away from god awful bleachers, and installed actual seats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.