Recruiting Summer recruiting report from GC

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't seen him play but I think George Campbell is a must get. But like these guys are saying and we all already know, we have to win this year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;24081 said:
I haven't seen him play but I think George Campbell is a must get. But like these guys are saying and we all already know, we have to win this year.

We'll get him if we show any life on offense.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We can't help but be better on offense, that will keep us in the hunt for several of these guys.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good read. As long as we have a good season, this could be another very solid recruiting class. Can't wait for the season to get started. Go Gators.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We have a catastrophically poor class so far, which is barely in the Top 40 depending on which day you look, and GC is out trying to credit it as a great job by Mushcramp. That will follow another poor class in which we were barely in the top half of the SEC and behind Kintucky. Sure, the Emperor is wearing a sweet robe!

I'll bet Spivey was making his own gravy doing that much spinning.

I'm frankly amazed at what is happening at GC. I think they must be afraid of getting their privileges cut after that incident last year when Cramp called them out for claiming the wrong kid was suspended. They have been in fulltime asskiss mode ever since.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n24116 said:
We have a catastrophically poor class so far, which is barely in the Top 40 depending on which day you look, and GC is out trying to credit it as a great job by Mushcramp. That will follow another poor class in which we were barely in the top half of the SEC and behind Kintucky. Sure, the Emperor is wearing a sweet robe!

I'm frankly amazed at what is happening at GC. I think they must be afraid of getting their privileges cut after that incident last year when Cramp called them out for claiming the wrong kid was suspended. They have been in fulltime asskiss mode ever since.
If we show a functional offense this year and win at least 9 games we'll probably finish with a top 10 class. Our class is currently ranked so low due to sheer numbers...we have several big time 4 and 5 star kids that have long been rumored to be heavy heavy leans to UF but will most likely be waiting until the season ends before making a decision and some we'll have to wait through the all star games. Land the ones im talking about in CeCe, Cowart, Ivey, and Campbell and we're talking easy top 10 and more than likely a top 5 class.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
Law98gator;n24116 said:

If we show a functional offense this year and win at least 9 games we'll probably finish with a top 10 class. Our class is currently ranked so low due to sheer numbers...we have several big time 4 and 5 star kids that have long been rumored to be heavy heavy leans to UF but will most likely be waiting until the season ends before making a decision and some we'll have to wait through the all star games. Land the ones im talking about in CeCe, Cowart, Ivey, and Campbell and we're talking easy top 10 and more than likely a top 5 class.
Agreed. It's way too early to be speculating on what our class will look like on signing day anyway. Too much focus is placed on star ratings and national recruiting rankings these days. I liked the days when we didn't know the talent on the field until AFTER they arrived, made the team, were coached, competed for the position, and then were seen on the field - until then, nothing matters.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n24124 said:
Pumper

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I would love it, but no way we come in with a top 5 class. Top 15 is a victory at this point.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
kepler;n24172 said:
I would love it, but no way we come in with a top 5 class. Top 15 is a victory at this point.
you don't follow recruiting very much apparently...

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Spivey's opines are less than worthless and usually unreadable.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:

Muschamp went overboard on that.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
All is not lost with this class law. With a good season we could have a very nice class.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
All is not lost with this class law. With a good season we could have a very nice class.
I think its top 10 if we turn it around but could drop quite a bit if we don't go like 9-3 etc.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Law98gator;n24116 said:

Attachments

• conv_420.jpg
    conv_420.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 96

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
kepler;n24172 said:
I wouldn't post comments like this! It doesnt make you very intelligent. You may want to educate yourself on recruiting. We have a very good chance of signing 4 or 5 of the top ten recruits and 10 or so more 4 stars. If we finish as many expect, we will have a top 5 class.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
There really is no way to spin how far behind we are...and if we're hoping on Muschamp...we're f'ed.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n24270 said:
If we finish as many expect, we will have a top 5 class.
I would be absolutely stunned if that happened. Stunned. I personally think our chances of getting into the top 10 are extremely slim. Not being a downer, just realistic. I guess if UF comes out kicking everyone's ass this season that could change, but the chances of that happening are extremely slim as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator