Recruiting Summer recruiting report from GC

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n24277 said:
I would be absolutely stunned if that happened. Stunned. I personally think our chances of getting into the top 10 are extremely slim. Not being a downer, just realistic. I guess if UF comes out kicking everyone's ass this season that could change, but the chances of that happening are extremely slim as well.

yeeep... :weep:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Fellas, sometimes reality bites. If UT or FSU or UGA was in the exact same recruiting position we are, we would be laughing at them in every way imaginable. It pains me to make these comments, but that's just the way it is.

In All Kinds Of Weather

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n24116 said:
We have a catastrophically poor class so far, which is barely in the Top 40 depending on which day you look, and GC is out trying to credit it as a great job by Mushcramp. That will follow another poor class in which we were barely in the top half of the SEC and behind Kintucky. Sure, the Emperor is wearing a sweet robe!

I'll bet Spivey was making his own gravy doing that much spinning.

I'm frankly amazed at what is happening at GC. I think they must be afraid of getting their privileges cut after that incident last year when Cramp called them out for claiming the wrong kid was suspended. They have been in fulltime asskiss mode ever since.

Can you ever be positive? Ever? No one is happy with 4-8. We get it that you don't like Will Muschamp. But your constant negativity begs the question, are you even a fan of the University of Florida? Because I am and it makes me and most of the posters here sick the way you trash everything about our program. If you hate Muschamp, fine. He's not my favorite coach either. But as of right now, he is our coach. And true fans should support their school. In the past 3 seasons, Muschamp has put up the #4, #2, and #6 ranked recruiting classes in the country (according to ESPN). That is elite. So relax that we only have 10 commits in the beginning of August. The class is going to be fine, and most likely another Top 10 class. I'm not sure where you get "barely in the top half of the SEC and behind Kentucky" because at number 6 in the country, we were 14 spots ahead of Kentucky. You've blabbered incessant nonsense 560+ times on this board. We get that 2013 sucked. It's over. It's 2014 and we have a reason to be optimistic in Gainesville, despite your daily spew of name calling and bashing based on a lost season a year ago. So mock him, the team, UF, "pumpers", and whoever all you want, but don't call yourself a fan of our team whenever we do reach another SEC and National Championship.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In All Kinds Of Weather;n24310 said:
Can you ever be positive? Ever? No one is happy with 4-8. We get it that you don't like Will Muschamp. But your constant negativity begs the question, are you even a fan of the University of Florida? Because I am and it makes me and most of the posters here sick the way you trash everything about our program. If you hate Muschamp, fine. He's not my favorite coach either. But as of right now, he is our coach. And true fans should support their school. In the past 3 seasons, Muschamp has put up the #4, #2, and #6 ranked recruiting classes in the country (according to ESPN). That is elite. So relax that we only have 10 commits in the beginning of August. The class is going to be fine, and most likely another Top 10 class. I'm not sure where you get "barely in the top half of the SEC and behind Kentucky" because at number 6 in the country, we were 14 spots ahead of Kentucky. You've blabbered incessant nonsense 560+ times on this board. We get that 2013 sucked. It's over. It's 2014 and we have a reason to be optimistic in Gainesville, despite your daily spew of name calling and bashing based on a lost season a year ago. So mock him, the team, UF, "pumpers", and whoever else all you want, but don't call yourself a fan of our team whenever we do reach another SEC and National Championship.

If we win every game and win the NC, Law will still find something to blame on Muschamp and Driskel. It's just who he is. There is an ignore feature if you don't want to see his negative posts.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
In All Kinds Of Weather said:
Law98gator;n24116 said:
We have a catastrophically poor class so far, which is barely in the Top 40 depending on which day you look, and GC is out trying to credit it as a great job by Mushcramp. That will follow another poor class in which we were barely in the top half of the SEC and behind Kintucky. Sure, the Emperor is wearing a sweet robe!

I'll bet Spivey was making his own gravy doing that much spinning.

I'm frankly amazed at what is happening at GC. I think they must be afraid of getting their privileges cut after that incident last year when Cramp called them out for claiming the wrong kid was suspended. They have been in fulltime asskiss mode ever since.

Can you ever be positive? Ever? No one is happy with 4-8. We get it that you don't like Will Muschamp. But your constant negativity begs the question, are you even a fan of the University of Florida? Because I am and it makes me and most of the posters here sick the way you trash everything about our program. If you hate Muschamp, fine. He's not my favorite coach either. But as of right now, he is our coach. And true fans should support their school. In the past 3 seasons, Muschamp has put up the #4, #2, and #6 ranked recruiting classes in the country (according to ESPN). That is elite. So relax that we only have 10 commits in the beginning of August. The class is going to be fine, and most likely another Top 10 class. I'm not sure where you get "barely in the top half of the SEC and behind Kentucky" because at number 6 in the country, we were 14 spots ahead of Kentucky. You've blabbered incessant nonsense 560+ times on this board. We get that 2013 sucked. It's over. It's 2014 and we have a reason to be optimistic in Gainesville, despite your daily spew of name calling and bashing based on a lost season a year ago. So mock him, the team, UF, "pumpers", and whoever all you want, but don't call yourself a fan of our team whenever we do reach another SEC and National Championship.
Who is this ?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n24287 said:
Fellas, sometimes reality bites. If UT or FSU or UGA was in the exact same recruiting position we are, we would be laughing at them in every way imaginable. It pains me to make these comments, but that's just the way it is.
yeah we were doing some of that back when they were struggling and we were winning crystal footballs. It's cyclical...we are either going to have a complete turnaround and land a stellar class or we are going to be looking for a new coach and recruiting will most likely suffer seriously this and we have to hope we get a homerun hire.

If you actually follow recruiting you would know that the kids actually really do like muschamp and they are going to wait to see how it goes...it goes far beyond just showing them we are turning things around but they are going to want to know who their coach is. Recruiting is not for the faint of heart...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n24312 said:
If we win every game and win the NC, Law will still find something to blame on Muschamp and Driskel. It's just who he is. There is an ignore feature if you don't want to see his negative posts.

I don't believe that but if we somehow had another season like 2012 and won most of our games that way he would still be laying into Muschamp despite the record.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Problem is Law and Ox don't follow recruiting and thus have no clue about what they're talking about

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's pretty easy to follow recruiting and see that we have a class ranked around #50. That's the fact. The rest is just wishing in one and pissing in another. Sure we are going to get five 5 stars. Every year we are going to get five 5 stars at the end and every year they go somewhere else.

Keep dreaming, pumpers.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
In All Kinds Of Weather;n24310 said:
Can you ever be positive? Ever? No one is happy with 4-8. We get it that you don't like Will Muschamp. But your constant negativity begs the question, are you even a fan of the University of Florida? Because I am and it makes me and most of the posters here sick the way you trash everything about our program. If you hate Muschamp, fine. He's not my favorite coach either. But as of right now, he is our coach. And true fans should support their school. In the past 3 seasons, Muschamp has put up the #4, #2, and #6 ranked recruiting classes in the country (according to ESPN). That is elite. So relax that we only have 10 commits in the beginning of August. The class is going to be fine, and most likely another Top 10 class. I'm not sure where you get "barely in the top half of the SEC and behind Kentucky" because at number 6 in the country, we were 14 spots ahead of Kentucky. You've blabbered incessant nonsense 560+ times on this board. We get that 2013 sucked. It's over. It's 2014 and we have a reason to be optimistic in Gainesville, despite your daily spew of name calling and bashing based on a lost season a year ago. So mock him, the team, UF, "pumpers", and whoever else all you want, but don't call yourself a fan of our team whenever we do reach another SEC and National Championship.

I would issue a Mea Culpa way before then...I have no problem being wrong. I just don't think I am. I think Foley is wrong, again a la Zook.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Problem is that we're not #50. We're at # 37 at rivals and at # 28 at 24/7. The only reason we're that low is the # of recruits. If you'd bother looking you'd find that at rivals only 12 teams have a higher avg player ranking than us, and in the SEC bama, usc(e) , a+m and aub have higher player rankings. And we are very close to usc(e) and aub. On 24/7 only 9 have higher player averages than us and in the SEC bama and a+m are the only ones higher. a+m are 1 pt and bama are 4 pts higher in the averages.So no Law #50 is not a fact. As far as the 5 stars #1 we got some 4's who I wouldn't be surprised if they jumped up, #2 are you still butthurt about losing Lane, to bad. I would not be shocked if we got Jefferson,cowart , Ivey , Cambell and very possibly Holland.So no , we Gators are not dreaming.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
Problem is that we're not #50. We're at # 37 at rivals and at # 28 at 24/7. The only reason we're that low is the # of recruits. If you'd bother looking you'd find that at rivals only 12 teams have a higher avg player ranking than us, and in the SEC bama, usc(e) , a+m and aub have higher player rankings. And we are very close to usc(e) and aub. On 24/7 only 9 have higher player averages than us and in the SEC bama and a+m are the only ones higher. a+m are 1 pt and bama are 4 pts higher in the averages.So no Law #50 is not a fact. As far as the 5 stars #1 we got some 4's who I wouldn't be surprised if they jumped up, #2 are you still butthurt about losing Lane, to bad. I would not be shocked if we got Jefferson,cowart , Ivey , Cambell and very possibly Holland.So no , we Gators are not dreaming.
I admire your passion and am happy for you that you think our recruiting is just fine and dandy.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Let's all all be happy that we have the 37th ranked recruiting class. Yeah, that's it!

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's Aug. 5th

And the World is ending!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
Dude, I swear the Pumpers have lost their mind. The fact that our recruiting sucks is just evidence that we have many seats open for all those 5 stars that are going to commit later.

:shakingmyhead: They can't even admit how bad we suck right now. I NEVER remember us having a class that was outside of the top 15.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
Dreamer

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n24598 said:
Let's all all be happy that we have the 37th ranked recruiting class. Yeah, that's it!
good lord it's the first week of August... only 6 months to go to NSD...i suggest you ledge jumpers wait till then to follow recruiting because it's going to be a bumpy ride till then...more so this year than any other

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n24666 said:
good lord it's the first week of August... only 6 months to go to NSD
And yet UF is always in the Top 10 at this point, year in, year out.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n24668 said:
And yet UF is always in the Top 10 at this point, year in, year out.
and it's pretty much understood by all that really follow recruiting that this was going to happen with a coach on the hottest seat in college football. If he wins we'll have a really good class if he doesn't well have a new coach and a piss poor class...pretty simple

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.