Summer Updates: Hev's pool, Slevin & Lil Reese's achilles in shambles

Would you listen to The Oxrageous Podcast weekly?

• Yes

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • No

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 36 31.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
What might he post on social media that would be a problem?
It is a totally different process for J1s/Disney visas. We dont REALLY need all those cotton candy vendors or hotel staff much and no one gets in a rush. School coordinators drive the whole I20 process (wrongfully imo).

He will be in school somewhere else soon and that school will have his visa in days. (He can travel onnthe receipt number).

I hope you're right. But I laughed a little when you said Disney visas. J1 is practically the backbone of our residency foreign training / healthcare system. Without it healthcare costs would be even higher and wait times would be far worse. Either way hope it is just a paperwork delay for him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was always amazed at how fast things seemed to straighten out when an experienced immigration attorney became involved. FB players always come up with representation for criminal cases, why not immigration cases?
Bc the problem is about 99% likely to be our I20 office.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
J1 is practically the backbone of our residency foreign training .
It's generally known as a Disney Visa because Disney was the one who bought enough congressman to pass it.

You know healthcare numbers are a drop in the bucket compared to all the hotels, amusement parks etc that need (claim.to jeed anyway) summer "exchange students" J1s to learn how to add butter to popcorn, spin cotton candy or make beds, right? Apparently those kids can't get those skills back home.

J1 (exchange) and K1 (fiance) are probably the most abused visas in our system.

I agree of course that healthcare is a great use for visas of all sorts. Cotton candy, not so much.

It is amazing to me that we seem to bend over backwards to excuse the behaviour of illegal aliens who create havoc with their numerous crimes (stealing identities to work) but create almost impossible hurdles for a doctor or nurse who we so desperately need here.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I was always amazed at how fast things seemed to straighten out when an experienced immigration attorney became involved. FB players always come up with representation for criminal cases, why not immigration cases?

He does not even need to post anything. If a quick scan of his friends list comes up with a seriously "questionable" acquaintance, it may end up needing more scrutiny.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
It's generally known as a Disney Visa because Disney was the one who bought enough congressman to pass it.

You know healthcare numbers are a drop in the bucket compared to all the hotels, amusement parks etc that need (claim.to jeed anyway) summer "exchange students" J1s to learn how to add butter to popcorn, spin cotton candy or make beds, right? Apparently those kids can't get those skills back home.

J1 (exchange) and K1 (fiance) are probably the most abused visas in our system.

I agree of course that healthcare is a great use for visas of all sorts. Cotton candy, not so much.

It is amazing to me that we seem to bend over backwards to excuse the behaviour of illegal aliens who create havoc with their numerous crimes (stealing identities to work) but create almost impossible hurdles for a doctor or nurse who we so desperately need here.

I agree. Without going into politics because I just don't want to, I wish we had a merit based system and I don't care who comes up with it. We need to prioritize our legal immigration system to people who could benefit the nation.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
It is getting hard to remember.

Steele
Jalon
Wilson
Hammond
Black
Marks

Don't forget Henderson, who still shows on 24/7 as not enrolled. We are looking at 5 non-qualifiers out of 25 and 2 transfers already. FSU had a really bad class re: qualifiers in the late 90's or early 00's with 4, maybe 5 guys not making it, but I can't recall any rival we usually follow losing 7 guys before fall camp. We just had an 18 person recruiting class when we needed 25 plus. As you've noted, this catches up a few years from now when other teams had 30% larger recruiting classes (and our top rivals had 100% more blue chips). Damn.

This 2020 recruiting uptick must continue with Wingo and Dexter type difference makers and possible early playing time guys.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
David Waters - Gators Breakdown (@GatorDave_SEC) tweeted at 8:20 AM on Thu, Jul 04, 2019:
Will try to follow up and get more details. Unfortunate situation
()

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
David Waters - Gators Breakdown (@GatorDave_SEC) tweeted at 8:20 AM on Thu, Jul 04, 2019:
()

Crazy if that is the real story. He had his high school stuff completed to early enroll back in January then said the VISA stuff kept him from doing that and enrolling for Summer A and B.

Why have a VISA issue now and not while a senior in High School in Florida?

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
()

What I was afraid of....

Crazy if that is the real story. He had his high school stuff completed to early enroll back in January then said the VISA stuff kept him from doing that and enrolling for Summer A and B.

Why have a VISA issue now and not while a senior in High School in Florida?

Visa scrutiny has ramped up significantly over the past year. What people don't realize is it does not just affect "brown guys" from the middle east. One joint, any DUI, any arrest, even unpaid traffic tickets can get him denied. It doesn't take much to deny visas.

Another reason could be related to immigrant intent. F1 is a non immigrant visa. If he showed his intent in the past to immigrate then that could get him denied.

Will let Donk elaborate on this.

I'd be interested in the details of this story. Hopefully it is only a minor reason, and UF can put some pressure to get him approved, but I won't hold my breath.

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Maybe if we paid as much as UGA we could bring him in on an employment visa. We would certainly have no trouble showing that there is a serious shortage of 4 star offensive linemen.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe if we paid as much as UGA we could bring him in on an employment visa. We would certainly have no trouble showing that there is a serious shortage of 4 star offensive linemen.
A lot of work for an employment visa. theyd definitely fvkk tht up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What I was afraid of....
One joint, any DUI, any arrest, even unpaid traffic tickets can get him denied. It doesn't take much to deny visas..
This isnt true for an F1 student visa.

I do wish they paid more attention to them though. I think a dozen of the 911 hijackers were here on student visas.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
What the hell is going on? I haven't been paying much attention but this is going to be a bad situation. We're gonna need bodies. Geez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator