Summer Updates: Hev's pool, Slevin & Lil Reese's achilles in shambles

Would you listen to The Oxrageous Podcast weekly?

• Yes

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • No

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 36 31.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Are Marks and Henderson definitely out? Haven't seen confirmation.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I guess they aren't officially out until they fail to qualify for September.... but they're not in summer B so they can't practice. I'm sure they were probably going to redshirt anyway but losing a month of practice is a big deal to a freshman. I'm talking down the road development. practice through the week during the season is primarily game planning. They won't take part in much of that.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015

The only thing I see is on volnation recruiting which says Henderson has a family issue but is still expected on campus so that’s the official line.

Marks waiting for test scores?

Could argue that these two problems and the visa issue are up in the air but still recoverable.

However these player issues might have been averted if certain vacancies and shortfalls in recruitment staff had been taken care of last year.

Still, at some point these athletes have to care about getting presentable grades. Until they graduate and qualify, they aren’t fully in the university system yet so they don’t get the support that falls into place around them at college.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The only thing I see is on volnation recruiting which says Henderson has a family issue but is still expected on campus so that’s the official line.

Marks waiting for test scores? Probably Henderson also is my guess

Could argue that these two problems and the visa issue are up in the air but still recoverable.

However these player issues might have been averted if certain vacancies and shortfalls in recruitment staff had been taken care of last year.

Still, at some point these athletes have to care about getting presentable grades. Until they graduate and qualify, they aren’t fully in the university system yet so they don’t get the support that falls into place around them at college.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Well, if marks and Henderson don’t make it we sure can sell early playing time with installed QBs and what will become a veteran offensive line to talented WRs and RBs. Gotta reel em in and quick.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
hes-not-wrong-you-know.jpg

WRs are irrelevent in this system. I don't know why so many of you fret over them. The average "leading receiver" in Mullinz offense gets 50 yards and 3 catches a game. Percy Harvins averaged 600 yards.

We can find those guys anywhere.

And we aren't going to sell that to top receivers any better now than we did in the past once our offense became a known commodity.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
hes-not-wrong-you-know.jpg

WRs are irrelevent in this system. I don't know why so many of you fret over them. The average "leading receiver" in Mullinz offense gets 50 yards and 3 catches a game. Percy Harvins averaged 600 yards.

We can find those guys anywhere.

And we aren't going to sell that to top receivers any better now than we did in the past once our offense became a known commodity.

Ok, then is the loss so terrible that dan is doomed? One offensive lineman, possibly two, but six others came into the class. AR is going to make us forget about Jones. Steele was Cali soft. Black hurts but he wants to be here and we may see him yet. And according to you Donk we can pick up competent players as needed to block and snag a few passes at WR if Henderson and Marks don’t make it. Which they might along with Wilson.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Thomas Goldkamp (@ThomasGoldkamp) tweeted at 2:21 PM on Sat, Jul 06, 2019:
Silver lining: Only 2 of the 4 cost UF initial counters.

And 2019 is not a year UF needs instant contributors.

But #Gators are going to be working with a LOT of youth in 2020 & 2021, the crucial "prove it" years for Dan Mullen.
()

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015

What about Chester Kimbrough? He seemed a solid addition at DB.

And I believe Trent whittemore played both sides of the ball in HS and has the size Mullen wants from WRs. Weston too. And it looks like Trent was working out this summer with the WR corps.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, then is the loss so terrible that dan is doomed? One offensive lineman, possibly two, but six others came into the class. AR is going to make us forget about Jones. Steele was Cali soft. Black hurts but he wants to be here and we may see him yet. And according to you Donk we can pick up competent players as needed to block and snag a few passes at WR if Henderson and Marks don’t make it. Which they might along with Wilson.
I never said doomed. We just aren't on the way to winning anything important. But when you recruit like Cowbell or Arky you get Cowbell or Arky results.

Yes, AR is the most important, and better than JJ. I really, really like AR in this offense.

Black hurts a lot bc he was the MLB to be, though a project bc he hasnt played it but neither has anyone else we've recruited recently.

I never thought Steele was important. Depth is hurt by losing so many concern but we can back fill those hopefully bc they aren't "counters" (except Steele and JJ) since they never actually took scholarships.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I never said doomed. We just aren't on the way to winning anything important. But when you recruit like Cowbell or Arky you get Cowbell or Arky results.

Yes, AR is the most important, and better than JJ. I really, really like AR in this offense.

Black hurts a lot bc he was the MLB to be, though a project bc he hasnt played it but neither has anyone else we've recruited recently.

I never thought Steele was important. Depth is hurt by losing so many concern but we can back fill those hopefully bc they aren't "counters" (except Steele and JJ) since they never actually took scholarships.

Not you, but the tweet above says “eviscerated”. A bit hyperbolic at the moment I’d say. Let’s revisit that if marks and arjei don’t show up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And what about Copeland? If healthy does he go in at slot receiver? He stands about 6’1”.
I doubt we see Copeland much this year. Who is he taking time from?

Look, losing players in a recruiting class isn't about this year, it is about three years from now. In three years from now we will be relying on these eight blue chippers and whatever fluff we can get from juco to fill the holes.

There is a reason Saban and Meyer line up 75-80 blue chippers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator