Sunbelt Billy stinks it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I like Billy and I hope he does well here BUT he is not a good OC. His play calling and his lack of aggression will never work in the SEC. He may win a few but never a championship.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I like Billy and I hope he does well here BUT he is not a good OC. His play calling and his lack of aggression will never work in the SEC. He may win a few but never a championship.

As has been the case in all our bad hires, we’ve given him no reason to change something he obviously feels works, or will work. We never have any leverage to force them to accept realities and address them or face being fired with cause. So they just continue on their “rail” thinking knowing that there’s literally no real downside. It’s madness.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
As has been the case in all our bad hires, we’ve given him no reason to change something he obviously feels works, or will work. We never have any leverage to force them to accept realities and address them or face being fired with cause. So they just continue on their “rail” thinking knowing that there’s literally no real downside. It’s madness.
They would not take the job otherwise. Try to control them and they walk to the next school who won't.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Typical of coaches, he looks and sees all the missed plays and goes, see my system is the greatest.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
What are you talking about? I'm saying 1. Passing Coordinator/ QB coach that handles Special Teams.
Why stop there. We should also get a secondary coordinator/tight ends coach who also calls run plays.

Seriously, just stop. You sound freaking retarded.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why stop there. We should also get a secondary coordinator/tight ends coach who also calls run plays.

Seriously, just stop. You sound freaking retarded.
Just hire one coach with three responsibilities. One of which has nothing to do with the other. Gotta love Nola

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That was the type of risk I was willing to take as well. Johnson checked a lot of boxes and was already here. His change of the offense was the best brief period of offense since 2008. We’re rolling the dice either way. I’d have been ok with giving a 3 year shot over keeping a disinterested Mullen and then experimenting with a G5 again.
Johnson was 100% my guy. Pretty sure it wouldn't be as seamless of a transition as it would have been. A long time p5 coordinator is just as qualified as a 4 year group 5 coach. Imo. But nobody saw that.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Johnson was 100% my guy. Pretty sure it wouldn't be as seamless of a transition as it would have been. A long time p5 coordinator is just as qualified as a 4 year group 5 coach. Imo. But nobody saw that.
Were going to have to hope Napier has a line on a guy like that or someone becomes available/interested after the beginning of the year. We really need someone to call plays and be a lot more hands on with the QB whoever that is next year.
Someone said earlier that we look like we are scrimmaging during games instead of actually trying to win them. Nowhere is this more evident than the play calling and to a lesser but noticeble extent, game management which is often dictated by play calling to begin with.

What were seeing 11 games into the season will not correct itself next year or the year after or ever.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
BS. You’ve wanted that Gundy dude since you hit puberty.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
:lmao2: CU would like to compete in the PAC 12 (with or without UCLA and USC) and even they know you do not do that by hiring a 24-20 coach from the MAC, who was an utter failure on and off the sidelines at his only P5 HC gig. :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator