Super Bowl LIII: Pats defeat Rams

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Saints would have won easily.

Goff went Goff. Worst QB display I can remember in a super bowl. Brady not good as well.

The Patriots have six championships in the last 18 years because the NFL is watered down. They have no great team of those six. Congrats though.

PED MVP. Lol..

:haters:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We had two weeks in here were people were screaming the Rams and Saints were so evenly matched that it was a blown call that cost them the game. But now... the Saints were so much better, they would have won? Seems to have some issues with logic.

Ok if Rams = Saints but a blown call was the difference

And Patriots > Rams... then by those statements the last two weeks Patriots > Saints.

The Saints team that peaked in November who didn't play well the last month of the season and played bad ball against the Eagles and Rams. All the sudden were going to get much better against possibly the greatest Defensive mind in NFL history?

Now if you were saying the early November version of the Saints vs last nights version of the Patriots. I could see that argument.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We had two weeks in here were people were screaming the Rams and Saints were so evenly matched that it was a blown call that cost them the game. But now... the Saints were so much better, they would have won? Seems to have some issues with logic.

Ok if Rams = Saints but a blown call was the difference

And Patriots > Rams... then by those statements the last two weeks Patriots > Saints.

The Saints team that peaked in November who didn't play well the last month of the season and played bad ball against the Eagles and Rams. All the sudden were going to get much better against possibly the greatest Defensive mind in NFL history?

Now if you were saying the early November version of the Saints vs last nights version of the Patriots. I could see that argument.

You are trying to use the transitive property. That's a big ole fail. Do you think Bill would have prepared the same against Brees?

No.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I really did not watch much, but that miss TD due to the ball being so late could have made a difference, I bet there were other missed plays by the Rams.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You are trying to use the transitive property. That's a big ole fail. Do you think Bill would have prepared the same against Brees?

No.

No, it would be easier to guard this version of the Saints than the Rams. I know your still butt hurt about the Saints not doing enough to win. But how are the Saints that much of a better team than the Rams, if they couldn't beat them at home due to one late game call. But all the sudden they were going to open up a can of whoop ass on the Patriots?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
No, it would be easier to guard this version of the Saints than the Rams. I know your still butt hurt about the Saints not doing enough to win. But how are the Saints that much of a better team than the Rams, if they couldn't beat them at home due to one late game call. But all the sudden they were going to open up a can of whoop ass on the Patriots?
Butthurt? LOL. I don't even like the Saints. What a dumbass comment.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
giphy.gif

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Saints would have won easily.

Goff went Goff. Worst QB display I can remember in a super bowl. Brady not good as well.

The Patriots have six championships in the last 18 years because the NFL is watered down. They have no great team of those six. Congrats though.

PED MVP. Lol..
Kerry Collins against the Ravens was probably worse. Cam Newton against the Broncos was also terrible.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Lowest viewership in 10 years.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think the NFL will take our money and be very happy.

As Howard Cosell said, "Love me or hate me but don't ignore me." This silly outrage is good for the NFL, it gets people talking about something other than players kneeling during the NA!

The NFL hopes for controversy every year.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gonna miss watching Gronk.

Gronk wasn't Gronk for the majority of this season… and he was smart enough to keep the vast majority of his money, making more money for him.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ah, Doug. Planting his flag in the transitive property. Smart. As anyone who has ever watched football knows, if team A beat team B, and team B beat team C, then team A is always better than team C. To imply anything else is pure folly.

Also, I didn't know football was like ping pong where you had to win by 2. I guess its not enough to just beat the team you're playing in regulation, now you have to play well enough to not only beat them but also beat them by enough points so that when you are on the receiving end of the worst call in NFL history you still win the game.

I do think the Saints would have done better, if for nothing else than the fact that they hardly could have done any worse than the Rams. IMO, having a veteran QB and a veteran coach was the difference. Brees and Payton have been there before and probably would have been better prepared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator