Super Bowl LIII: Pats defeat Rams

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ah, Doug. Planting his flag in the transitive property. Smart. As anyone who has ever watched football knows, if team A beat team B, and team B beat team C, then team A is always better than team C. To imply anything else is pure folly.

Also, I didn't know football was like ping pong where you had to win by 2. I guess its not enough to just beat the team you're playing in regulation, now you have to play well enough to not only beat them but also beat them by enough points so that when you are on the receiving end of the worst call in NFL history you still win the game.

I do think the Saints would have done better, if for nothing else than the fact that they hardly could have done any worse than the Rams. IMO, having a veteran QB and a veteran coach was the difference. Brees and Payton have been there before and probably would have been better prepared.

Maybe.... but it's all conjecture at this point.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ah, Doug. Planting his flag in the transitive property. Smart. As anyone who has ever watched football knows, if team A beat team B, and team B beat team C, then team A is always better than team C. To imply anything else is pure folly.

Also, I didn't know football was like ping pong where you had to win by 2. I guess its not enough to just beat the team you're playing in regulation, now you have to play well enough to not only beat them but also beat them by enough points so that when you are on the receiving end of the worst call in NFL history you still win the game.

I do think the Saints would have done better, if for nothing else than the fact that they hardly could have done any worse than the Rams. IMO, having a veteran QB and a veteran coach was the difference. Brees and Payton have been there before and probably would have been better prepared.

If they were the better team they would have won... They didn't. The Rams were healthier and the better team in January. In Mid-November, it was the Saints.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Gronk wasn't Gronk for the majority of this season… and he was smart enough to keep the vast majority of his money, making more money for him.

Gronk had an incredible season. His blocking was a huge reason for the Pats success all season. Dude was great this season.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gronk had an incredible season. His blocking was a huge reason for the Pats success all season. Dude was great this season.

Missed a good amount of time. He had a good season, but did he have what people would consider a normal season for him. His blocking was great this season. But it was another season with 3 missed games and a couple more where he was removed from the game. And his ability to run after the catch has been reduced. I understand the guy has finished the season in 4 of his 8 seasons (14&15 healthy scratch week 17 counted as a full season). 8 years is a long time to take the abuse to his body at Tight End.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Missed a good amount of time. He had a good season, but did he have what people would consider a normal season for him. His blocking was great this season. But it was another season with 3 missed games and a couple more where he was removed from the game. And his ability to run after the catch has been reduced. I understand the guy has finished the season in 4 of his 8 seasons (14&15 healthy scratch week 17 counted as a full season). 8 years is a long time to take the abuse to his body at Tight End.

And all the above is why I say it is a great season. I dont know if you played sports or maybe still are into any type of stuff now, but having the ability to do what he does but having to fight through injuries all the time to do it makes this season pretty damn special in my book.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And all the above is why I say it is a great season. I dont know if you played sports or maybe still are into any type of stuff now, but having the ability to do what he does but having to fight through injuries all the time to do it makes this season pretty damn special in my book.

Played and still do, but NFL football is a business more than a sport. I'm not knocking his season, but it comes down to cost/benefit. He almost retired last offseason. The way he is starting to move is getting into Witten territory. Where he runs an excellent route, but his YAC is being reduce. Then he basically missed the last 5/6 games of the season. The greatest ability in any sport especially the NFL is availability and can Gronk be counted on for that.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

That's Too Funny

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.