Super Bowl LVII: Chiefs vs. Eagles

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The team with the advantage in running the ball, defense and (esp) turnovers wins the game most of the time, and yet the Chiefs (14-3) come in as a 1.5 favorite. I'm going with the Eagles (14-3).

Plenty of storylines. Andy Reid facing the team he led for 14 seasons, MVP Patrick Mahomes vs. runner-up Jalen Hurts marking the first battle of Black quarterbacks, the All-Pro Kelce brothers Travis (Chiefs) and Jason (Eagles) facing off.

And, of course, the commercials and this year's halftime show featuring Rihanna.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
“Quarterbacks to win an NFL MVP and play a Super Bowl are 0-8 since 2000, per NFL Research, and adding to Mahomes' statistical stress is that he's squaring off with Eagles QB Jalen Hurts, the MVP runner-up. Super Bowl LVII will be the fourth instance in which the MVP and MVP runner-up have played against each other.“

In other words, Eagles win.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
KC's pass rush really disrupted Burrow in the AFC Championship. Hurts is an entirely different athlete who's capable of eluding the rush and reeling off a long run.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
KC's pass rush really disrupted Burrow in the AFC Championship. Hurts is an entirely different athlete who's capable of eluding the rush and reeling off a long run.
Bengals had serious problems along the OL in the championship game. Hurts has the added dimension of running away from trouble. I hope it is a great game.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mahomes sees the field like a great point guard does the court. He is the new GOAT and wins if Iggles don’t reinjure his high ankle sprain from 3 weeks ago….take the 1.5…

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
These are 2 rare teams where there is very little I dislike about them. One thing of course is the tomahawk chop, so…. Go Eagles! Chauncey Gardner Johnson, 2 picks, MVP.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Damn…Never?
Chiefs have been around since 1960 - and 1933 for the Eagles.
Maybe back in the late 70s. Last NFL I watched was the chargers with Dan Fouts and JJ Jefferson, Kellen Winslow and Charlie Joiner and Wes Chandler. Air (Don) Coryell was fun to watch. Havent watched since.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Holy crap, Mahomes is black?

Pat Mahomes pitched for the Mets.

3cc6b554943c6dd56149b377485e811e.jpg

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Maybe back in the late 70s. Last NFL I watched was the chargers with Dan Fouts and JJ Jefferson, Kellen Winslow and Charlie Joiner and Reidel Anthony. Air (Don) Coryell was fun to watch. Havent watched since.
Interesting take. Reidel Anthony played for the Bucs. Wes Chandler played with Fouts and the Chargers and made the Pro Bowl several times..

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.