Super Bowl LVIII: San Francisco vs. Kansas City

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just paid my $6 to view tonight's game. Putting a reminder on my calendar to cancel Peacock in 29 days.
Peacock Premium is free, or was, if you are eligible to sign up for Comcast Xfinity Rewards which is also ”free”.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Cord cutter here. Not going to sign up for Peacock just so I can forget to cancel. It'll be interesting to see how many watched.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cord cutter here. Not going to sign up for Peacock just so I can forget to cancel. It'll be interesting to see how many watched.
Who is your internet service provider and what speed and price monthly if I may ask?

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Who is your internet service provider and what speed and price monthly if I may ask?
Xfinity Internet Only (Only because there is nothing else available at the speed I need) and Hulu. That's it. I have been on Hulu for two years and there's a large selection of shows but I'm beginning to run out of things to watch. I may switch to something else. I'm not going to do add-ons. Might as well hit these services while they stay below full cable. I'm convinced cord cutters will eventually find the price of their services as high or higher than cable. Content costs money no matter how you move it around. Xfinity 90 or so. Hulu 8 bucks.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Was a streaming service which is a paid service the only wait to watch what should be a public domain game? If so, then I agreed with JD

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Was a streaming service which is a paid service the only wait to watch what should be a public domain game? If so, then I agreed with JD
It was the only way to watch the Chiefs game last night…period, peacock.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great picture

They think they are being funny, like they're the first ones to do it.

Idiots have been doing this for 25 years.

I hate the NFL. Bunch of freakin democrats.

They will take your scholarship, room/board, nutritional support, and your NFL development but don’t for one minute forget that each of them did UF an extreme favor by playing football here.

You expect them to stoop to the level of actually acknowledging any association with or obligation to UF?

I honestly don’t know how people can still watch that product. I just can’t do it anymore.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Tell me if I'm wrong. Doesn't NBC pay the NFL for the rights to the game and then they can do anything they want with it. Now if Roger doesn't like that he can add a rider to future contracts. He won't like it if he gets enough heat from the fans. He'll be perfectly fine with it if he does not get heat. It's called capitalism.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
On his stolen Dillards clothes along with Peter Warwick
Funny how Warrick had Bowden cover his ass and not Coles when that happened. Warrick sucked the moment he got drafted yet Coles had a far better career. I think Warrick even sucked in the CFL.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tell me if I'm wrong. Doesn't NBC pay the NFL for the rights to the game and then they can do anything they want with it. Now if Roger doesn't like that he can add a rider to future contracts. He won't like it if he gets enough heat from the fans. He'll be perfectly fine with it if he does not get heat. It's called capitalism.
NBC can only do what NFL agrees for them to do by negotiated contract.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NBC can only do what NFL agrees for them to do by negotiaTed contract.
Sure but what did they negotiate this time? I'm guessing it was pretty close to wide open. If I remember correctly Peacock was going back and forth on whether they would stream it. It's NFL property in the future they could put in a no streaming clause. They I guess it could really get sticky if there are legal arguments against that. Out of my wheelhouse.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

The NFL was paid $110m by NBC Universal to allow the game to be streamed on Peacock. The league has committed itself to experiment with streaming as a way to draw in younger, more digitally conscious viewers. Unlike Amazon, which has a free workaround and has drawn decent numbers, last night's game was pay or else -- and the viewer numbers will probably show it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator