Talked to Alex McCallister After the Game

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
What "divide"? I saw a defense whose already-suspect depth was depleted by injuries play their hearts out then get gassed as the game wore on.

On the other hand, I guess it's encouraging that the football "experts" on Gatorchatter are now psychic and can tell us how and what the defense is "thinking". A quick favor: can you train your psychic powers on this week's Lotto and share those numbers with me? I could use a little extra cash, as my girlfriend's birthday is two days removed from Christmas.

Can we all stop searching for even the tiniest crumbs of negativity? Please?
TIniest crumbs, breath? It is all bad. We are the worst offense on the face of the earth and negativity is all we got. Some here are so damned eat up with it they would have to die to get better. You must be a pumper and Im surprised you have not received the label yet. It has to be obvious the defensive players despise all the offensive players........you can see by how they wear the helmets...........

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Well, if A Mac is as skinny as described, I doubt he leaves early as some have speculated. Gotta fill out that frame to move up the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So BNA and I were walking back to our tailgate spot after the game, and this tall dude walks up behind us. He caught my attention, because anyone who's as tall as me automatically catches my attention. Turned my head, and lo and behold, it's Alex McCallister.

We talked to him for a couple minutes while he was walking back to his dorm, he said his foot was doing better, but not well enough to play against FSU. Said he'll be trying as hard as he can to get well enough to play Bama. Also said it's not an ankle sprain, but a torn ligament on the inside of his foot. It's basically just a pain tolerance thing at this point, and he's hoping not to have to get surgery until after the season.

Asked him about Bullard, and all he said was, "Bullard balled out there today, but he's fine. He just had an MCL thing." So I'm guessing it was a minor sprain or something like that.

Said the loss was "a tough one," then paused for a second and said, "two points," and shook his head. Really hope there isn't a divide between the offense and defense heading into this week's game. It's already going to be a difficult enough game without the two units feuding with each other.

Anyway, that's about it. I was really impressed with the kid. Gave a firm handshake (always a good sign), and was well-spoken and extremely polite. He could also put on another 25-30 pounds without even trying.

I don't know which is better, your report of meeting McCallister, or the courage it took for you to admit you were with BNA in public.:lol2:

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
:bwahaha:

Wait.....what? Who are you? You don't know me!

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Pfft,..everybody knows the 3*'s never amount to anything.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
You couldn't see the divide? Even when the defense got disgusted and quit trying?
So BNA and I were walking back to our tailgate spot after the game, and this tall dude walks up behind us. He caught my attention, because anyone who's as tall as me automatically catches my attention. Turned my head, and lo and behold, it's Alex McCallister.

We talked to him for a couple minutes while he was walking back to his dorm, he said his foot was doing better, but not well enough to play against FSU. Said he'll be trying as hard as he can to get well enough to play Bama. Also said it's not an ankle sprain, but a torn ligament on the inside of his foot. It's basically just a pain tolerance thing at this point, and he's hoping not to have to get surgery until after the season.

Asked him about Bullard, and all he said was, "Bullard balled out there today, but he's fine. He just had an MCL thing." So I'm guessing it was a minor sprain or something like that.

Said the loss was "a tough one," then paused for a second and said, "two points," and shook his head. Really hope there isn't a divide between the offense and defense heading into this week's game. It's already going to be a difficult enough game without the two units feuding with each other.

Anyway, that's about it. I was really impressed with the kid. Gave a firm handshake (always a good sign), and was well-spoken and extremely polite. He could also put on another 25-30 pounds without even trying.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Crazy raw. And a super athletic frame. There's nothing wrong with taking flyers on two and three stars on the defensive line. As long as they are not the meat of your position recruiting.

I was surprised to see he was a 3* given his athletic ability.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was surprised to see he was a 3* given his athletic ability.

He was only something like 215lbs in HS. Gaining weight was a concern. I think he's still only about 240 or so.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
#Gators DT Joey Ivie on 4th quarter struggles vs. Dalvin Cook, FSU: 'I just feel people just looked at the scoreboard & lost a little hope.'

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
#Gators DT Joey Ivie on 4th quarter struggles vs. Dalvin Cook, FSU: 'I just feel people just looked at the scoreboard & lost a little hope.'
Yup.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know why they lost hope, all they had to do prior to the garbage time scores was force six more safeties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator