TAM AD fires warning shot at Sumlin

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
9-4, 8-5, 8-5, 8-5 is fireable. Dude is toast. He'll get a job somewhere. Kelly to A&M? They have the cash and I am sure they will hire someone expensive.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
9-4, 8-5, 8-5, 8-5 is fireable. Dude is toast. He'll get a job somewhere. Kelly to A&M? They have the cash and I am sure they will hire someone expensive.
Yeah. The warning shot should have come last year and the axe right now.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well they can always go get their alum and Sumlin protege down at Texas Tech. I don't see A&M landing a fish bigger than what they got.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-sumlin-square-on-the-hot-seat-entering-2017/

Too bad we didnt hire that AD. Apparently four and five loss seasons aren't acceptable at A&M
So you want an AD that knew he was already 9-4, 8-5, 8-5 through Sumlin's first 3 seasons...then sat through his 4th season again at 8-5, and is now giving him a 5th season?

Considering how you are losing your mind after only 2 seasons, I highly doubt you'd want a guy allowing a 5th :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I want a second year ad who is thinking about correcting predecessor's mistake quickly.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
So you want an AD that knew he was already 9-4, 8-5, 8-5 through Sumlin's first 3 seasons...then sat through his 4th season again at 8-5, and is now giving him a 5th season?

Considering how you are losing your mind after only 2 seasons, I highly doubt you'd want a guy allowing a 5th :lol:

The AD was hired in January 2016.

It's highly unusual for an AD to go on the radio and do this to his coach.

The AD has tremendously helped every school recruiting against A&M. I am sure Sumlin was already fighting negative recruiting about his job security. The AD just made it even harder on him by taking away his ability to say there's definitely nothing to all that and he's going to be at A&M for the next four years.

I completely understand the AD thinking these things. I am sure that he has already discussed it with Sumlin in private. However, I don't see any good that could possibly come from going on Finebaum and saying these things. In my opinion this should be an internal matter.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The AD was hired in January 2016.

It's highly unusual for an AD to go on the radio and do this to his coach.

The AD has tremendously helped every school recruiting against A&M. I am sure Sumlin was already fighting negative recruiting about his job security. The AD just made it even harder on him by taking away his ability to say there's definitely nothing to all that and he's going to be at A&M for the next four years.

I completely understand the AD thinking these things. I am sure that he has already discussed it with Sumlin in private. However, I don't see any good that could possibly come from going on Finebaum and saying these things. In my opinion this should be an internal matter.
I already knew when the AD was hired, thanks.

I agree with you though on recruiting...he pretty much just fired him, he's just keeping him on with a retention at this point lol

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
When has anm ever been better than an 8-5 program outside of manziels first year?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
8-4 or worse will get him canned.

Watch Kelly end up there if ND doesn't open up.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Well they can always go get their alum and Sumlin protege down at Texas Tech. I don't see A&M landing a fish bigger than what they got.

Huh? A&M is probably the richest school in the SEC. They'll land whoever they want next Dec(or sooner).

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sumlin wont soon forget his public lack of confidence.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Those Aggie fans gonna be pissed if Sumlin ain't fired this year

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Would somebody please give Stricklin his bullets back so he can fire some warning shots?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.