Tebow promoted to High A club - hits another HR

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Says the guy who promotes players sitting on their ass during the National Anthem. Your opinions are bilge.
Full disclosure, we overheard a random guy sitting in front of us say he needs to get under balls quicker, so.....Carry on

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
At the game here in Tampa, it's basically a home Gator football crowd. Tim is 1-2 with an infield single and they're getting killed 12-3 in the 5th. Tim's defensive prowess and instincts leave much to be desired in LF.
It's left fookin field, how much prowess does one need. Just admit it Sas it's killing you to see him do well because he's a Christian. If he were a mooslim you'd have his number tramp tattooed on the small of your back.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's left fookin field, how much prowess does one need. Just admit it Sas it's killing you to see him do well because he's a Christian. If he were a mooslim you'd have his number tramp tattooed on the small of your back.
Well I played leftfield for a very long time, and he had a couple plays today where he either had an extremely slow reaction time or slow closing speed to balls that should have either been caught or fielded sooner. There was a single to shallow left where the runner on first made it to third because he took such a poor path to the ball. That shouldn't happen. Ever. Like I said, it's my honest opinion of how he was playing the position. It wasn't good. People around us were saying the same thing, so it wasn't just my Christian hating self. FFS. :rolleyes3:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well I played leftfield for a very long time, and he had a couple plays today where he either had an extremely slow reaction time or slow closing speed to balls that should have either been caught or fielded sooner. There was a single to shallow left where the runner on first made it to third because he took such a poor path to the ball. That shouldn't happen. Ever. Like I said, it's my honest opinion of how he was playing the position. It wasn't good. People around us were saying the same thing, so it wasn't just my Christian hating self. FFS. :rolleyes3:

I'm guessing he was playing deep. Maybe ten or so feet from the warning track. No way it's going in the gap if it's a shallow single. If there were two outs that would make more sense if the runner went first to third in this case.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm guessing he was playing deep. Maybe ten or so feet from the warning track. No way it's going in the gap if it's a shallow single. If there were two outs that would make more sense if the runner went first to third in this case.
I'm fairly certain there were less than two outs. He just lollygagged and took a long route. It was a routine single. I just don't think he realized the guy on first was going to try for third and he dogged it a bit. Once he realized what was happening he hurried up and tried to get a throw in, but it was too late.

Shocking! You of all the positions, you chose left field
Wasn't fast enough for center, didn't have the arm for right. I could cover some ground, though. Long legs, accurate arm, and a slick glove. Made plenty of sliding/diving catches in my day. Couldn't hit worth a sh*t once they started throwing breaking balls and offspeed pitches, though. That's why I love slow pitch softball. :lol:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm fairly certain there were less than two outs. He just lollygagged and took a long route. It was a routine single. I just don't think he realized the guy on first was going to try for third and he dogged it a bit. Once he realized what was happening he hurried up and tried to get a throw in, but it was too late.

Wasn't fast enough for center, didn't have the arm for right. I could cover some ground, though. Long legs, accurate arm, and a slick glove. Made plenty of sliding/diving catches in my day. Couldn't hit worth a sh*t once they started throwing breaking balls and offspeed pitches, though. That's why I love slow pitch softball. :lol:
I hated slow pitch softball. No matter where they tried to hide me, those other jerks were aiming for me. I was like that guy on that moneyball movie. Scared the ball was gonna get hit in my general visinity.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tebow is playing where he needs to be. Anyone hoping he gets called up to the majors isn't watching him play objectively. He's a great guy, so glad he's a Gator, but at this point he's not a big show Major League Baseball player and probably won't be. And that's ok.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Tebow is playing where he needs to be. Anyone hoping he gets called up to the majors isn't watching him play objectively. He's a great guy, so glad he's a Gator, but at this point he's not a big show Major League Baseball player and probably won't be. And that's ok.

Tim is having fun and making lots of kids' (and their moms ;) ) nights by being who he is. It makes me happy to see him still pursuing his athletic dreams whether he ever reaches the top or not. In a couple of years he may move up another step if he applies himself to his craft like he has everywhere else. Will he ever reach the majors? Not likely, but then again his real fans (us) don't care.

Glad you and Sas had a good time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hated slow pitch softball. No matter where they tried to hide me, those other jerks were aiming for me. I was like that guy on that moneyball movie. Scared the ball was gonna get hit in my general visinity.
:wtf:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's left fookin field, how much prowess does one need.

Cincinnati+Reds+v+Pittsburgh+Pirates+Yx-47VJo_ESl.jpg

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Usually the left fielder is the worst defensive player on the team. Sometimes it's an aging vet who just doesn't have the wheels or gun anymore. Barry bonds played left because he had a rag arm and was an an average at best outfielder. That's right folks. One of the greatest sluggers the game has ever seen couldn't throw out a one legged man at home with literally a trip to the fall classic on the line.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Usually the left fielder is the worst defensive player on the team. Sometimes it's an aging vet who just doesn't have the wheels or gun anymore. Barry bonds played left because he had a rag arm and was an an average at best outfielder. That's right folks. One of the greatest sluggers the game has ever seen couldn't throw out a one legged man at home with literally a trip to the fall classic on the line.
Dude Barry Bonds won 8 Gold Gloves and had a great arm. The Sid Bream play was almost entirely due to poor pre-pitch positioning.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dude Barry Bonds won 8 Gold Gloves and had a great arm. The Sid Bream play was almost entirely due to poor pre-pitch positioning.

I read an article years ago about that play. Van slyke wanted Barry to play more shallow than he was since the batter didn't have much pop. Barry apparently gave old Andy the finger , and the rest is history . Nevertheless when Barry got the ball sid was rounding third . A good throw and he's toast . I can still remember AVS laying in center in tears after that one. One of the best game 7's in MLB history

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator