Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's getting even uglier in Knoxville, if that's possible.

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Butch-Jones-called-player-traitor-to-the-team-43906460

The most recent filing in a lawsuit filed against the University of Tennessee accuses football coach Butch Jones of calling a player a traitor for helping a woman who said she was raped by two football players, and claims that Tennessee linebacker Curt Maggitt punched him in the face, per the Tennessean........
89HANHg.gif

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
What exactly is an "assusation?" I'm guessing it's an accusation that someone is an ass? That would be relevant in this case...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorintheKnox

Masshole
Sep 20, 2015
Not a chance. FFS, the AD had all the coaches rally behind him in support at an impromptu news conference.
He called a player a traitor after he reported a rape and got jumped by his teammates. That's pretty freaking horrible.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He called a player a traitor after he reported a rape and got jumped by his teammates. That's pretty freaking horrible.

Sure it is, but the entire school is obviously in denial, so why would they start acting responsibly now?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Can we remove the ban for York now? Would love to hear his take on this lulz.

Side note- do we really even want Butch fired?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You'd think they would be jumping at the chance to fire that dip**** without having to pay his full contract.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think the media pressure will force their hand. I could be wrong though.

I don't think so. The only time they'll do anything of significance is if it's part of a settlement agreement. They knew what happened shortly after it occurred and they chose to sweep it under the rug. No players disciplined, no coaches disciplined...no nothing. The kid transferred and the girls did shortly thereafter. Problem solved...or so they thought. :lol:

GatorintheKnox

Masshole
Sep 20, 2015
Here's my thing though, yesterday all of the coaches got together and said that there wasn't a cultural problem. Today 3 more women come forward and now this story about Boles comes out. He's screwed in my eyes. You can't say there isn't a culture problem when you're the reason there is a culture problem.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can we remove the ban for York now? Would love to hear his take on this lulz.

Side note- do we really even want Butch fired?
The last UT coaching search was a side show. Do you honestly think it'd be different now with this $hit storm brewing?!

But I'd prefer to see him stay.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Here's my thing though, yesterday all of the coaches got together and said that there wasn't a cultural problem. Today 3 more women come forward and now this story about Boles comes out. He's screwed in my eyes. You can't say there isn't a culture problem when you're the reason there is a culture problem.

Yes you can...they just did. You honestly think they weren't aware of the Boles situation or the three other women before their Tuesday presser?

GatorintheKnox

Masshole
Sep 20, 2015
They were. The media wasn't. Like I said, we'll see. Either way, this looks really bad for UT.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The athletic director and president were not in attendance at yesterday's presser. It wasn't called by the university, only the coaches themselves. I heard someone from the local media on Zarzous and McElroy Sirius 84 this morning say they were surprised to see this and that nothing was accomplished by the press conference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator