Tennessee - Former Player Makes Accusation at Jones

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is a pretty damning story against UT. Butch is going to deny this until the day he dies, but at some point you have to see the culture issue when there are 8 girls in the lawsuit.

What always surprises me in these cases is how many fans will defend the athletes. I remember when Jamies was at FSU they were in the stands cheering for him and defending him on social media. The same thing here with Tennessee. The fans will talk about how they think this stuff is disgusting and then go cheer on the team and support them.

I hope UF never allows this type of stuff to go on. I would rather have 10 more 4-8 seasons then the embarrassment of allowing a culture of sexual assault.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is a pretty damning story against UT. Butch is going to deny this until the day he dies, but at some point you have to see the culture issue when there are 8 girls in the lawsuit.

What always surprises me in these cases is how many fans will defend the athletes. I remember when Jamies was at FSU they were in the stands cheering for him and defending him on social media. The same thing here with Tennessee. The fans will talk about how they think this stuff is disgusting and then go cheer on the team and support them.

I hope UF never allows this type of stuff to go on. I would rather have 10 more 4-8 seasons then the embarrassment of allowing a culture of sexual assault.

... and thereby embolden more FB-athletes to abuse more young women.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
rDFiJ73.jpg

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty damning stuff in this article. Former employees spilling the beans.
Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Two more women join University of Tennessee sexual assault lawsuit

http://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...4/women-join-ut-sexual-assault-suit/80860462/
This is almost indisputable at this point. Eight women and three insiders are basically swearing to the same pattern of corruption. Tennessee allowed this stuff to happen and outright intimidated witnesses, delayed the judicial process, and halted investigations.

I generally enjoy watching our rivals suffer, but this is just sad and depressing. Eight women who have already come forward. God only knows how many have been intimidated into remaining silent or who are simply too fearful to speak out. WTF is wrong with our world where college administrations allow this sh!t to happen to our daughters?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
It was my impression that this goes to events before Butch arrived. So while he is culpable for what happens on his watch, I believe this goes to the Athletic Dept at large, not just to Butch and football. He may get fired, but he ought not be the scapegoat where others remain in place.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Living in Jax, there are surprisingly quite a lot of Vols fans around here and at work who are bracing themselves for the worst to actually happen. Unlike FSU fans, they're not condoning what's going on up in Knoxville. Nor have I heard any Vols fans defending such actions.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Anyone living in or around Knoxville able to tell us about the fans reaction? GatorintheKnox, what are you seeing?

Living here in East Tn I can tell you that people are in a panic! It is awesome too! Butch is a BS'er type guy. He can recruit w' bs but can't coach and make adjustments when its nut cutting' time. Now he has to spread lies to cover up the cover up. He's screwed and honestly I hope he stays (So we can continue the streak) but I believe he will be let go. Hart will let him go to cover his own tail.(Typical Clown Town move) This reminds me a little of the Sandusky fiasco at Penn St. and that brought down a legend in Joe Paterno. Whats going to happen to ole brick by brick???

Go Gators!

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Anyone living in or around Knoxville able to tell us about the fans reaction? GatorintheKnox, what are you seeing?
They truly believe Peyton Manthing just mooned that chick, do you really think they believe any of this? Most think it's just a group of dong chasing hussies seeking attention and a payday while praising Butch and claiming this is their year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Living in Jax, there are surprisingly quite a lot of Vols fans around here and at work who are bracing themselves for the worst to actually happen. Unlike FSU fans, they're not condoning what's going on up in Knoxville. Nor have I heard any Vols fans defending such actions.
Go to Volnation. 99% of them are in complete denial. Saying things like "not a single conviction", "money grab", calling the Bowles kid a liar and standing FIRMLY behind Jones and Hart.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
calling the Bowles kid a liar and standing FIRMLY behind Jones and Hart.
Funny, a local radio host said there is a mass misinterpretation by vol fans in calling this kid a liar. Apparently he worded what the female said differently in an interview and his sworn testimony. Vol fans are saying he lied under oath, when only one statement was made under oath :facepalm: They are also saying charges against that juco transfer have been dropped because they heard a statement from his lawyer that he expects the charges to be dropped. More teeth than brains, I swear.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
They're saying on Vol Nation Bowles initially denied being assaulted, then claims he was assaulted and claiming to to have changed his story multiple times.
Isn't that the same claim FSU fans made about Erica Kinsman?

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Go to Volnation. 99% of them are in complete denial. Saying things like "not a single conviction", "money grab", calling the Bowles kid a liar and standing FIRMLY behind Jones and Hart.
I see about 62 pages worth on one topic.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Living here in East Tn I can tell you that people are in a panic! It is awesome too! Butch is a BS'er type guy. He can recruit w' bs but can't coach and make adjustments when its nut cutting' time. Now he has to spread lies to cover up the cover up. He's screwed and honestly I hope he stays (So we can continue the streak) but I believe he will be let go. Hart will let him go to cover his own tail.(Typical Clown Town move) This reminds me a little of the Sandusky fiasco at Penn St. and that brought down a legend in Joe Paterno. Whats going to happen to ole brick by brick???

Go Gators!

From North Central TN there is a bit of panic here with the Vol fans but most of them are optimistically trying to explain it away. More to comfort their own fears of what could bust this thing wide open. I have the Nashville market for media and they are airing it as much as they can on TV. As of late yesterday two more plaintiffs were added to the title IX case. This is not good for the Vol Nation. Even if they try to say the kid lied, hell he had the shyt beat out of him for it. Media here went into detail on the case and why he transferred to UT Chattanooga over it. This is not going away and the Vol Nation had better brace for what could come of it.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of fans. :lol:
hqdefault.jpg

capture-20150926-182819.jpg

Jones is a pimp - it's all making sense now.
volunteers-family-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.