Tennessee - Former Player Makes Accusation at Jones

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like you're friends with the wrong people.
Comment I made on a SDS article. I'd long cut off any male or female "friend" if they thought like this. I have zero respect for anyone that just dismisses sexual assault against a female and instantly assumes they are lying.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Comment I made on a SDS article. I'd long cut off any male or female "friend" if they thought like this. I have zero respect for anyone that just dismisses sexual assault against a female and instantly assumes they are lying.

Aaaah. I thought you just posted your status and got attacked. It looks like you just commented on an article under your FB account.

I had to eliminate half my friends list during the last presidential election cycle. And I've had to basically mute some family members. Just so I wouldn't hate them. Lol.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Aaaah. I thought you just posted your status and got attacked. It looks like you just commented on an article under your FB account.

I had to eliminate half my friends list during the last presidential election cycle. And I've had to basically mute some family members. Just so I wouldn't hate them. Lol.
Ditto.

It's just extremely discouraging as a female and person to see comments on social media. People disgust me. We hold athletes in far too high regards. It's beyond disturbing at this point.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ditto.

It's just extremely discouraging as a female and person to see comments on social media. People disgust me. We hold athletes in far too high regards. It's beyond disturbing at this point.

#Truth. Sexually women are treated like second-class citizens. We see this reflected in health policy as well. It's one reason why Pap smears are covered by insurance every two years under Medicare. But the PSA is covered yearly. Even though the PSA is not nearly as effective at predicting cancer as the Pap smear is.

If a man was accusing an athlete of azz rape people wouldn't be saying, "he's lying to get money". Or "he shouldn't have been dressed that way". Or "he was a slut".

It's truly nauseating.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
#Truth. Sexually women are treated like second-class citizens. We see this reflected in health policy as well. It's one reason why Pap smears are covered by insurance every two years under Medicare. But the PSA is covered yearly. Even though the PSA is not nearly as effective at predicting cancer as the Pap smear is.

If a man was accusing an athlete of azz rape people wouldn't be saying, "he's lying to get money". Or "he shouldn't have been dressed that way". Or "he was a slut".

It's truly nauseating.
I can't like this post enough!

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Tennessee-Zippers-MEME.jpg

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

It's truly nauseating.
I dress like a slut all the time and it gets me nowhere.

The people who defend this kind of crap are the same people who say that ALL of Cosby's accusers are conspiring against him too.

I can see maybe in a case like the accusation against Treon in 2014, giving him the benefit of the doubt, but I was proud of our administration for taking no chances whether he was guilty or innocent and suspending him until it the complaint was dropped. Fact is, when universities and their coaching staffs hide this kind of crap(Rapeis Winston), it makes them look guilty, whether they really are or not, and that's the problem Tennessee faces now. Where there's smoke, there's fire, and this is going to get worse for them before it gets better.

Rightfully so.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And I'm currently taking abuse from men for speaking my mind on Facebook. Ah, the joys of being a woman speaking out against sexual assault.

Tell Wobble to shut up.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Jones will be fired by this time next week

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be willing to bet my life savings they didn't all come together and decide to do that presser. They were directed to by their employer.
I heard again from Toni Barnhart on the radio that the coaches called this meeting. I'm not suggesting they didn't have support from their department, but it looks like they initiated the event.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I'd say the comments about cheek by a former vice chancellor are the most damaging. He says cheek ignored his warnings about the culture there. This is more than just victims coming forward. A vice chancellor is supporting their claim.

Meanwhile, all their efforts to keep players eligible have resulted in zero titles and an 11 year losing streak to UF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really disappointed to hear this about Cheek. Cheek was at UF for 30+ years before moving on to UT.

And this whole story is disgusting. When will we realize winning (or in UT's case just having a football program because they suck) at the cost of selling your soul is atrocious.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And I'm currently taking abuse from men for speaking my mind on Facebook. Ah, the joys of being a woman speaking out against sexual assault.
Consequences for being on Facebook. Any man on that crap is a fuggin moron. :lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I heard again from Toni Barnhart on the radio that the coaches called this meeting. I'm not suggesting they didn't have support from their department, but it looks like they initiated the event.
Of course that's what they said publicly, but I don't buy it for one minute.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Can we remove the ban for York now? Would love to hear his take on this lulz.

Side note- do we really even want Butch fired?

I don't see what difference it would make if Sgt Carter got the boot. They have a history of hiring coaches worse than their predecessor.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Anyone living in or around Knoxville able to tell us about the fans reaction? GatorintheKnox, what are you seeing?

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Of course that's what they said publicly, but I don't buy it for one minute.
The point is that with this strategy the perception is that the coaches are being defensive and not acknowledging the problem. It was a very poor strategy and the media is grilling them for it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The point is that with this strategy the perception is that the coaches are being defensive and not acknowledging the problem. It was a very poor strategy and the media is grilling them for it.
Well, as poorly as they've handled it all, I wouldn't expect them to suddenly have a moment of clarity and do the right thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator