Texas AD Fired

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Only 22 months on the job. Contract guaranteed through 2019.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Typical paying way too much for the position. Just like CEO's overpaid on the promise or on the foolish idea that you actually need one of "those" folks. Sort of how some around here want to pay way too much for "those" select coaches.

Dec 10, 2014
There are only two coaches that deserve the salary range that Strong got. Meyer and Saban. It was a ludicrous deal and Strong would have come for less. These big universities overpay these coaches when they don't have to. Glad Foley didn't overpay Mac for basically the same body of work.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think Strong stays around until the end of the year or at least until his next embarassing loss. They play Cal next... then Oklahoma State. I think the hammer could drop if they just get embarassed by TCU on Oct 3...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
I'm hearing if Strong gets fired Miami is going after him. Supposedly he has interest in the job also.
Miami isn't gonna hire a coach who just got fired

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
What a mess Texas is......Then again it's not like we are out of the woods either.....Both programs started going downhill in 2010 and they're further from getting back to the top than we are while playing and recruiting in a lesser conference. With the SEC's presence in the state now and TAMU bettering them in recruiting, I really don't see them getting it turned around any time soon....**** Texas

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
When A & M joined the SEC the Eyes of Texas were closed shut. Rip Van Winkle lives in Austin.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n279118 said:
What a mess Texas is......Then again it's not like we are out of the woods either.....Both programs started going downhill in 2010
Thanks Muschamp!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Fellas, Strong has an 8-figure buyout. I'd be surprised if they were really thinking of giving him such a quick hook, new AD or not. Hell, the new AD has to consider the budget, and paying a buyout like that is crippling.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GMDGATOR;n279165 said:
Thanks Muschamp!

:lol: Well if you look at the common elements involved with both programs, you got both Muschamp and Charlie.......although Charlie left before we started to slide....

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Charlie has TCU, OU, WVU, and Baylor all away from home......

sorry-charlie_180x.jpg

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n279167 said:
Fellas, Strong has an 8-figure buyout. I'd be surprised if they were really thinking of giving him such a quick hook, new AD or not. Hell, the new AD has to consider the budget, and paying a buyout like that is crippling.

Some cowboy will just sell an oil well or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.