Texas and Oklahoma join the SEC

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Texas and OU join the West and one team moved to the East --say Auburn -- wouldn't both divisions have equal numbers?

Yes, you're right. I edited my previous post. I didn't think it through very well due to my kids constantly yelling about something to me at the time.

But now that they are asleep and I can think a little better, if the SEC wanted a better geographical east/west division, then they could move Bama and Auburn to the east and place OU, Texas, and Mizzou in the west. Moving Mizzou to the west truly divides the conference at the MS/AL border. I'd be surprised if they just do away with divisions, but it could happen.

I also think that the conference would move to 9 SEC games instead of 8, especially if they kept the divisions. However, I also think that they would stop the guaranteed out of division opponent and just rotate opponents like they did before the expansion. So if this expansion happened, then I think that ends our annual matchup against LSU.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Texas and OU join the West and one team moved to the East --say Auburn -- wouldn't both divisions have equal numbers?
They wouldnt split Barn and Bammer last time, which is the only reason fuchsing Mizzu is in the east. Bammer wasnt giving up its rivalry games with Tinerc and Barn and they run the fuchsing show.

Mizzu goes west as soon as we even out.

Pay attention you old fart. This came up at the time.

This also basically hands the west to ATM and destroys Ugly reign in the east.

I agree "rivalry" games are gone because most of them except Tinerc Bammer or Barn Ugly arent really rivalries. LSU and UF dont care. USC and whomever, I forget, maybe ole miss? Or Arky? Vandy and???? Kintucky and Cowbell?

No one gives a damn about those "rivalries" because they are made up out of thin air.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

tenor.gif

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bet some CPAs are pounding the "kaching chimes" looking at this.? i.e. the SECN.?
Bet the seed of this thinking was germinated by Texas & Okie noticing the caliber of Grantham's defense.?? Those rich Texas schools will give recruits the sweetest paying deals.
If aTm can be expected to be competitive with Bama & Uga then they can face off with Okie & Texas.
The SEC just gave UF 3 losses with a 4th loss being Oklahoma.?? The 2 Texas schools will buy the best HCs, OCs, DCs & staff + advisors year in year out.?
Rivalries will start anew, with their fierceness of play setting the standard (and TV pundits). The SEC will stretch across the South.
Okie already gets better quality recruits from the state of Florida than Mullen does.?
If the future of the SEC is to stop having creampuff games then replace the puffs with Texas &/or Oklahoma ... watch out. = less rest & more injuries. The transmogrification will be an immense mystery. I'm not opposed to the deal.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
In before Texas demands a bigger share of revenue than A&M and OU.

Exactly! You can't have Bammer and Tetchas in the same conference. The SEC isn't big enough for two teams that do not concede the rights of other teams to exist. They are both like Palestine insisting on the destruction of Israel. Again, TA&M would melt down and there would be riots, homicides, suicides, fratricides, etc.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Exactly! You can't have Bammer and Tetchas in the same conference. The SEC isn't big enough for two teams that do not concede the rights of other teams to exist. They are both like Palestine insisting on the destruction of Israel. Again, TA&M would melt down and there would be riots, homicides, suicides, fratricides, etc.

"Real wrath of God type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky. Rivers and seas boiling. 40 years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes. The dead rising from their graves. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!"

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don't see this happening - I think Texas & OU are up to something (trying to draw in a couple of teams to the B12 maybe?) and I'm not sure this makes sense for the SEC (we already have Texas w/ A&M). But this would be a great set up imo:

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I don't see this happening - I think Texas & OU are up to something (trying to draw in a couple of teams to the B12 maybe?) and I'm not sure this makes sense for the SEC (we already have Texas w/ A&M). But this would be a great set up imo:

So how pissed off do you think Arky and Missouri are right now?

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Fu@k Texas. Other than Notre Dame the most greedy ass school out there. They will throw you under the bus in a heart beat and not look back.
The SEC is just fine without them.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Fu@k Texas. Other than Notre Dame the most greedy ass school out there. They will throw you under the bus in a heart beat and not look back.
The SEC is just fine without them.

Yeah, but the difference here is they have been a big fish in a little pond forever. Coming to the SEC, they will just be another fish and the SEC doesn't need them. They won't have any leverage.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, but the difference here is they have been a big fish in a little pond forever. Coming to the SEC, they will just be another fish and the SEC doesn't need them. They won't have any leverage.
Yeah but you have to smell cow chit every time you make the trip to Austin.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015

I like this idea, if it happens I hope they come up with better names then that pod shyt. SEC east, west, north and south would be much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator