Texas destroyed by BYU

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That place was a dumpster fire when he took over. You can't expect much out of them this season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was never a fan of Skrong for our HBC.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
xcsc.gif

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Things were always going to get worse there before they got better. Then he cleaned house and kicked like half a dozen players off the team. He's certainly breaking it down to build it back up, I just don't know how much patience they'll have for that sorta thing in Austin.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. That was bad.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n44386 said:
Things were always going to get worse there before they got better. Then he cleaned house and kicked like half a dozen players off the team. He's certainly breaking it down to build it back up, I just don't know how much patience they'll have for that sorta thing in Austin.

Can't speak for Austin, but there's certainly no patience for that sorta thing in Gainesville.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n44422 said:
Can't speak for Austin, but there's certainly no patience for that sorta thing in Gainesville.

I am sure its not much different there than in Gainesville. Probably a bit worse. They always say things are bigger int TX.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Pretty sure Strong didn't make those moves without the Ok from the AD Patterson. I think UT was broken and Strong probably had this discussion before he agreed to be hired. We'll see. I'll agree with Captain Sasquatch though, that kind of patience won't be found in Gainesville, that's for sure.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That team is stacked. They have two 5 star players at RB and most other positions. You can't lose 41-0 or whatever to BYU.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Law98gator said:
That team is stacked. They have two 5 star players at RB and most other positions. You can't lose 41-0 or whatever to BYU.
There's not doubt about that. But they were broken the way they were being used. I think we all here know how that feels. Bottom line though you are right. You can't get owned like that by anyone, BYU or whatever. Then again you can't get owned by GSU either. But we'll see.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If that was Oklahoma that is one thing. Hard to excuse that kind of loss to BYU.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n44453 said:
Well, the 'Horns DID get 7. Geez, who could have predicted that result!

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator said:
Law98gator;n44453 said:
Well, the 'Horns DID get 7. Geez, who could have predicted that result!
I sure as heck wouldn't have. This was supposed to be a win for sure and I'm thinking the UT fans are waking up wondering the same.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Charlie Strong in my opinion isn't a good fit at Florida. But the after losing his starting quarterback and both starting tackles from week 1 to week 2. His defense worn down in the second half, being it was 6-0 in the third. The defense gave up less yards than the previous year, when BYU also crushed them. You can't lose 41-6, but Texas right now needs to be torn down and rebuilt, and that is what they hired Strong to do.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BYU may just be better than expected....:scratchchin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.