Thanks for a Great Season, Gator Basketball!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
4, 5, and 6 were both with the same (left) pivot foot down. #1 and maybe #2 he hasn't even caught the ball yet, just tipped back to his chest and then grabs it. Just sayin.

Lol even Verne saw the travel. Stick to football.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
View attachment 5339 I think my daughter is taking the loss harder than I am...

My son (age 8) was crying endlessly after the game. I felt for him, tried to give it some perspective. But as a kid, perspective is useless - it's all about how I feel now, "and right now I'm sad, OK? So let me be upset, dad!"

Ok, son.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I know I said I feel for guys getting emotional after games, but if this kid cared so much, he wouldn't be a paid mercenary on his pit stop to the NBA. And you can bet your ass he was paid a LOT. Guys who have been in a program 3-4 years and put everything into it? I'm all about those tears. Fox's tears won't even be dry by the time he declares.

That being said, he'll probably be a hell of an NBA player.

I'm surprised to see such a rude statement from you. So what if he is a one and done. He is good enough to go and he should. He went to go play for a top notch program. The kid is 18 or 19 years old. He probably very much wanted to win a title. I don't think just because he is doing what is best for himself that means he doesn't care.

I always laugh when people slam a kid for leaving early to make millions of dollars. Like any one of us wouldn't jump at the opportunity to live out their dream. I'd get it if the kid wasn't one of the best in the country guaranteed to get drafted and get a great contract... then maybe the kid should stay to improve his situation. Fox isn't going to improve his status by staying another year. He should go and grab that money while he can.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Never said it was the refs fault, but can't ignore that was a big missed call. We were outplayed and outcoached, most people have admitted that. But go ahead with the #fakenews you spread CNNGator
Feel guilty much, Mr. Sensitiviy? I didn't point any finger at you, I said the narrative, as in a conglomeration of people. But go ahead get butt hurt if it makes you feel better.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
After a game like Wisconsin it was bound to catch up, and with the lack of size it caught up. They played with all they had left, but against a rested team it wasn't enough. It looked like our legs didn't keep up in the second half.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Feel guilty much, Mr. Sensitiviy? I didn't point any finger at you, I said the narrative, as in a conglomeration of people. But go ahead get butt hurt if it makes you feel better.

:lol:

You got me all wrong brah, I find humor in this. Sorry if I hurt your feelings though, I don't really think you spread fake news ;)

SaltyGator

Make the Gators great again!
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014

What coulda been...

No the officials should miss that but they shouldn't miss an out of bounds off our guy and give it to us either. We got some calls and lost some calls. If we played better to close out the game we would've won. I don't think the refs had anything to do with it.

SaltyGator

Make the Gators great again!
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
I was expecting us to be bounced in the second round so I'm thrilled with the final outcome. Not many teams have had as much success in bball as we have had the last 15 years and the future looks just as good. I was upset with the USCe lost for about 2 minutes then it passed and I was happy and proud of our team. White has us heading in the right direction & I love his coaching / playing style...much like BillyD

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
No the officials should miss that but they shouldn't miss an out of bounds off our guy and give it to us either. We got some calls and lost some calls. If we played better to close out the game we would've won. I don't think the refs had anything to do with it.

I agree they missed some both ways (we didn't score on that missed call when we touched it last so it had no impact), but the calls at the end were huge. All that said, we have only ourselves to blame, we should have been able to overcome it.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm surprised to see such a rude statement from you. So what if he is a one and done. He is good enough to go and he should. He went to go play for a top notch program. The kid is 18 or 19 years old. He probably very much wanted to win a title. I don't think just because he is doing what is best for himself that means he doesn't care.

I always laugh when people slam a kid for leaving early to make millions of dollars. Like any one of us wouldn't jump at the opportunity to live out their dream. I'd get it if the kid wasn't one of the best in the country guaranteed to get drafted and get a great contract... then maybe the kid should stay to improve his situation. Fox isn't going to improve his status by staying another year. He should go and grab that money while he can.
He's already getting paid handsomely for his efforts.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Oh... the whole... they get great recruits so they are paying them....

It may be true, but how does that change anything? If he is getting paid then they all are getting paid.
Basketball recruits of his caliber get paid 6 figures to even attend a school. When I tell you I know it's true, just trust me. Really can't expand much further than that.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Basketball recruits of his caliber get paid 6 figures to even attend a school. When I tell you I know it's true, just trust me. Really can't expand much further than that.
giphy.gif

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For USCe:
Thornwell was who he is, and Kotsar played solid for a freshman. The others didn't stand out to me individually, but as a team, USCe is on a roll.
Dozier killed us - he had 17 points on 7-11 shooting, mostly off layups against our smaller guards as they had little hope against his size (6'6"). He was only a sophomore this year, so we'll see him again next year. Silva will also be a junior next year and Kotsar a sophomore. SC will have a pretty good core for their team next year.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

What coulda been...

4, 5, and 6 were both with the same (left) pivot foot down. #1 and maybe #2 he hasn't even caught the ball yet, just tipped back to his chest and then grabs it. Just sayin.

Yeah, if you slow it down and slide the replay you can see

#1 he doesn't have the ball yet
#2 RIGHT foot down
#3 LEFT foot down (PIVOT)
#4 RIGHT foot down (LEFT pivot still in place)
#5 RIGHT foot down (LEFT pivot still in place)
#6 LEFT (pivot) comes up as he starts to dribble - tough to see through our player's left leg

I don't like it, but I don't think it's a missed call.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Dozier killed us - he had 17 points on 7-11 shooting, mostly off layups against our smaller guards as they had little hope against his size (6'6"). He was only a sophomore this year, so we'll see him again next year. Silva will also be a junior next year and Kotsar a sophomore. SC will have a pretty good core for their team next year.

From memory (what an impression they made)
Silva = missed free throws
Dozier = didn't even notice his 17 or 7/11
Kotsar = stood out, didn't miss shots or try to do to much

I agree, they will have a good core next year, but I'm not sure if they can sustain their success without Thornwell drawing all the attention.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, if you slow it down and slide the replay you can see

#1 he doesn't have the ball yet
#2 RIGHT foot down
#3 LEFT foot down (PIVOT)
#4 RIGHT foot down (LEFT pivot still in place)
#5 RIGHT foot down (LEFT pivot still in place)
#6 LEFT (pivot) comes up as he starts to dribble - tough to see through our player's left leg

I don't like it, but I don't think it's a missed call.

Agree to disagree Mr. "Lost to Vandy x3!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.