Thanks for a Great Season, Gator Basketball!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was happy to see UK lose too, then I saw this video and it made me feel for them as well.

Nothing but respect for Fox, I'd take him on my team any day. It's too bad he decided to play for Calipari though.

This is exactly why I prefer college sports over professional sports. And it's also why I don't tend to jump all over the kids playing the game. But more so the coaches.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This is exactly why I prefer college sports over professional sports. And it's also why I don't tend to jump all over the kids playing the game. But more so the coaches.

Yup. I'm also not going to jump on a kid just because he didn't choose to go to my school. If a kid stays out of trouble, doesn't act like a jerk and seems like a good dude, then they're okay in my book.

Also, never know a kid's background and what struggles they may come from. That outweighs any rivalry we may have.

Don't get me wrong though, I hate FSU, UGA, UK etc. and want to smash them everytime, but I'm not gonna hate the individual just cuz they don't wear the O&B.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Great run, was a fun season and more than I expected for sure. Go Gators! And next weekend go Tar Heels.

VirginiaGator

VA to RI to FL
Jul 9, 2014
Happy that we made it to the Elite 8, but also disappointed because I believe we let a great opportunity slip away. If this team stags together we have a legitimate shot to win SEC and be a 1 seed next year. I'm really high on Hudson. Had some really good games in the ACC. Stokes, Hayes, Gak, and egbunu will be a nice front line. Hopefully Allen and D-Rob stay. Toss in Stone, cheese, and Hester and I think we have a top 10 team. That's if we continue to develop over the off-season and players don't leave early.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From UNRANKED to the ELITE 8. WOW what a ride is has been. Great year guys!! Went further than Duke, FSU, Miami, Nova, Cuse, ND, Arizona, UCLA, Loserville, MSU, and many many more!! We finish in the TOP 8 out of 340 division 1 schools. That's a special year fellas. The future is BRIGHT under Mike White! Go Gators!!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How OVERRATED is Cal and UK??!! Yall crap and moan about White and he has no offense which is TOTAL BS. Its all about execution and players MAKING SHOTS. Same people would complain that Billy D ran no offense either which was TOTAL BS too. I ALWAYS knew which plays were coming before they developed cause I would tape the games and watch them all the time. But Cal and UK SHOULD be making the FINAL 4 EVERY YEAR because they are getting ALL of the top recruits and they STILL can't do it. ONE NC for him. That is BAD and it is HORRIBLE to be a UK fan right now. I am sure they are in suicide panic mode right now over there in UK land. Go Gators!!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's the offense we run and you would be familiar with it if you watch as many games as I do and rewatch them like I do over the years.

1. Alot of screen action to get curls and open looks for Barry, Allen, DRob, and Leon.

2. Pick and Pop for DRob, Leon, and Stone

3. Dribble drive by Hill, Chioza, and Allen for layups or dish for dunks and layups by Egbunu, Hayes, DRob, and Gak.

4. Out of bounds spot up shots for Barry, Allen, DRob, Leon, and Chioza.

5. Post ups by Leon, Hayes, Egbunu, Stone, and Allen.

6. Called plays like Alley Oops for whoever cuts to the basket.

7. Backdoor cuts by Allen, Barry, Chioza, Hill, and Leon.

8. Triangle passing for open 3s.

9. Screen and rolls to the basket or stop and pop like Hill's foul line jumper that he hit quite often this year

I could go on and on and A LOT of these plays have been run in VERY SIMILAR fashion by the 04s, Walsh/Lee/Roberson, and Miller/Bonner/Nelson and gang. Its all pretty much the SAME OFFENSE. We didn't average nearly 80 points a game by accident folks.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
I am very damn proud of this team and their first class coach, Mike White. As others have said, the future looks bright for Gator hoops.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

What coulda been...

4, 5, and 6 were both with the same (left) pivot foot down. #1 and maybe #2 he hasn't even caught the ball yet, just tipped back to his chest and then grabs it. Just sayin.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
4, 5, and 6 were both with the same (left) pivot foot down. #1 and maybe #2 he hasn't even caught the ball yet, just tipped back to his chest and then grabs it. Just sayin.
(Dislike) It's the refs' fault, did you miss that narrative?

Last edited:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Congratulations. We went further than I expected.
Me too. The tanks went empty the 2nd half. White said they looked beat. I thought the officiating was very poor against us too. There were a lot of "Jordanesque" fouls given to their hot shot and he made them all.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I think my daughter is taking the loss harder than I am...

That is adorable.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That's our difference. You're stuck in the trees, focused on what should and could have been. I'm in a helicopter 10,000 above it and seeing it all different.

I'll tell you what I saw today. I say Florida players lay it all on the line to try and win this game. I saw Florida players dreaming of playing in the Final Four and playing their hearts out. I saw tired Florida players because it had been barely 37 hours since the amazing overtime win over Wisconsin right back out there playing against the worst kind of opponent, a team that grinds you ALL. GAME. LONG. That wears on you mentally and physically.

And what I saw after the game was a Florida player on the bench sobbing over the loss. I don't know about you, but I was kind of touched by it. He obviously cared.

You choose to look at the game in terms of the paper matchup and hypothetically what should have happened. I choose to look at it situationally in terms of it being a single-elimination tournament, what the players go through on the way here and here, the grueling schedule, knowing one or two plays can affect the entire outcome and, well, a lot of stuff.

Our guys and our coaches may have blown it, but it wasn't for lack of effort or preparation. We weren't suppose to have gotten this far. Our starting center was out, we were tired and we were facing an opponent who in many ways we don't match up with well. Basketball is a funny game that way.

I'm disappointed but I'm cool with it and happy for my guys for all they accomplished this season.

Great post. I definitely think the team was tired. In the second half all the 3 balls were short. I know White was worried about the team being able to emotionally and physically respond after the Wisconsin game. A game like the one we had against Wisconsin takes a lot out of you. Combine that with most of those guys not sleeping that night (I know I barley did) and you get a team that doesn't have as much in the tank.

Tough loss, but South Carolina played great and deserved to win. I just don't want UNC to win this whole thing.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
(Dislike) It's the refs' fault, did you miss that narrative?

Never said it was the refs fault, but can't ignore that was a big missed call. We were outplayed and outcoached, most people have admitted that. But go ahead with the #fakenews you spread CNNGator

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.