The 10 schools that have produced the most current NFL players

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n282666 said:
SOS has only 1 title with an even better recruiting base than Miles has while he was at Florida. Does that make him comparable to Chizik and Jimbo? Your argument makes zero sense.

SOS didn't have the BCS when at Florida, so can't compare a decades worth of work. It is easier to get into the National Title game as a SEC champion. If BCS was in place while SOS was headcoach we would have played in more than two National Title games. You are comparing eras instead of coaches. Nice, wrong argument, but nice. Do you think that LSU has the competition for recruits that SOS had, being LSU has a recruiting area with no real P5 D1 competition for 100s of miles, where as Florida had FSU and Miami to compete against? How many D1 powerhouse schools are in Louisana, West Florida, Mississippi, East Texas, etc.. Where did your Man crush on Miles come from? Here is a basic map of D1 schools to help you out.

HelmMap.gif

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n282679 said:
SOS didn't have the BCS when at Florida, so can't compare a decades worth of work. It is easier to get into the National Title game as a SEC champion. If BCS was in place while SOS was headcoach we would have played in two National Title games. You are comparing eras instead of coaches. Nice, wrong argument, but nice. Do you think that LSU has the competition for recruits that SOS had, being LSU has a recruiting area with no real P5 D1 competition for 100s of miles, where as Florida had FSU and Miami to compete against? How many D1 powerhouse schools are in Louisana, West Florida, Mississippi, East Texas, etc.. Where did your Man crush on Miles come from? Here is a basic map of D1 schools to help you out.

HelmMap.gif

I don't have a man crush on Miles, but he apparently did an old girlfriend of yours or something.
giphy.gif

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n282699 said:
I don't have a man crush on Miles, but he apparently did an old girlfriend of yours or something.
giphy.gif

sometimes you too easy MJM... too easy.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
TheDouglas78;n282551 said:
Only 4 of those Miami's players that are currently on an NFL roster were drafted outside of the last decade (according to the Palm Beach Post).

so scUM has managed just a .500 ACC record with that talent. That's underachievement.

And you you neglected my question. Other than Saban and Meyer, who would you say has been more successful than Miles over his 10 years at LSU? I'd say it's a very small list, if any, and certainly unclear and arguable that no one besides those two has done more. Given that those two are on the list and directly boxed LSU out of 5 championships, it makes no sense to say LSU underachieved because they didn't win more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.