The 10 schools that have produced the most current NFL players

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We get it dougie, you think Les Miles is a crappy coach.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n280691 said:

Doesn't matter...Dougie is a last word guy, so he's gonna keep trying to prove his point. :lol:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n280690 said:
I think we all know that QB play has been his Achilles heal. We've learned firsthand how hard that can be to get over the hump, no matter how much talent you have elsewhere.

So they haven't had any NFL talent at Quarterback?

JaMarcus Russell (0 IQ)
Matt Flynn (reliable NFL backup, not starter)
Zach Mettenberger (who knows his NFL future)

They have had some also rans... but that comes back to the coach not finding/using the guy right. If we put Muschamp on the hook for Driskel, why don't you do the same for Miles and his qb's of choice? LSU obviously has no issue finding talent, especially in that region.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n280691 said:

10220638-large.jpg

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Like I said, he's won one the last decade and that's more than the others you listed. I think you're wrong, but you'll beat this drum for days and I'm just not that invested in the topic to do the same. :lol:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n280717 said:
Like I said, he's won one the last decade and that's more than the others you listed. I think you're wrong, but you'll beat this drum for days and I'm just not that invested in the topic to do the same. :lol:

It's a valid point MJM, I just think he should have cashed in more. And the one he won, was one of the worst Nation Champions ever... a 2 loss team, that season was really underwhelming.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;280702 said:
Doesn't matter...Dougie is a last word guy, so he's gonna keep trying to prove his point. :lol:

Isn't this the truth…

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
LSU is in direct competition with Bama, which has 3 of those NC including a win over LSU and UF which has 2. Now we've accounted for six. I don't think LSU has much of anything to answer for. They've been excellent.

30 of scUM's 37 are over 32. I made that up but I'm guessing it's close to true, like Ed Reed, Andre Johnson, Gore, and so on from their last gasps of glory.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
g8trs99;n280648 said:
The better question is what does UGA do with all that talent?
Exactly and that is what their fan base is always pissed about which tickles the Sh#t out of me.........

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
BTW in 10 years , Les Miles has averaged a little over 10 wins a season and has a BCS national title. And he competes head to heard with Bama to get into Atlanta every year. I am betting about 98% of other college football fan bases would LOVE to have a guy with that success. And finished in the top 15 eight of those years. IF that is underachieving I will kiss your ass on the courthouse square and give you 10 minutes to draw a crowd.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
TheDouglas78;n280677 said:
I think I said the last decade multiple times.

You keep trying to make a 20-year statistic about the last 10 years. It isn't. But even accepting your flawed premise, it isn't logical to say NFL talent ought to equal championships. There are loads of highly productive college players who don't make it in the NFL. Florida's two NCs over that time were led by Chris Leak and Tim Tebow. Leak is the all time passing leader for UF. Tebow is in my book the greatest college football player of all time. Neither is in the NFL.

And just looking at records - who has been more successful than Miles over his 10-year tenure at LSU? Saban. Meyer. Who else?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n281128 said:
IF that is underachieving I will kiss your ass on the courthouse square and give you 10 minutes to draw a crowd.
Yes that two loss lucky as hell "National Championship" comes with many asterisks. Everyone, even LSU fans know it. Hey can thank conference reputation for that one.

Underachieving is having top three talent and not having a functioning offense or QB in a decade.
He has basically relied on playing defense and running out the clock. Now that Chavis is gone, let's see if he can rely on the defense. I doubt it.

I think he's probably in for another 7-6 season and will be on the hotseat and won't be surprised to see him fired next year. The LSU fanbase is quite tired of his underachieving and general dooshebaggery. He should have taken the Meatchicken job when he could have. Maybe Pedo State will hire him when they can Franklin.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Underachieving is having top three talent and not having a functioning offense or QB in a decade.
He has basically relied on playing defense and running out the clock. Now that Chavis is gone, let's see if he can rely on the defense. I doubt it.
For some reason that seems real familiar.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Les Miles is great for college football. One of the great characters of his time..probably only outdone by SOS in the humor department.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n281175 said:
Les Miles is great for college football. One of the great characters of his time..probably only outdone by SOS in the humor department.

MJM, there is no argument he is great for college football personality wise. And I don't want him to leave the SEC. My argument is that you look at the talent he has, the recruiting base he has, and what the results have been. I'm not saying he is awful, just that he has underachieved. He has as many National Titles as Gene Chizik and Jimbo Fisher (I think Les Miles is better than both of them), but that is the company he is in. So if we go with the argument he has one National Title and that makes him a great coach, does that make those two coaches great?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Theologator;n281123 said:
LSU is in direct competition with Bama, which has 3 of those NC including a win over LSU and UF which has 2. Now we've accounted for six. I don't think LSU has much of anything to answer for. They've been excellent.

30 of scUM's 37 are over 32. I made that up but I'm guessing it's close to true, like Ed Reed, Andre Johnson, Gore, and so on from their last gasps of glory.

Only 4 of those Miami's players that are currently on an NFL roster were drafted outside of the last decade (according to the Palm Beach Post).

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n282549 said:
MJM, there is no argument he is great for college football personality wise. And I don't want him to leave the SEC. My argument is that you look at the talent he has, the recruiting base he has, and what the results have been. I'm not saying he is awful, just that he has underachieved. He has as many National Titles as Gene Chizik and Jimbo Fisher (I think Les Miles is better than both of them), but that is the company he is in. So if we go with the argument he has one National Title and that makes him a great coach, does that make those two coaches great?

SOS has only 1 title with an even better recruiting base than Miles has while he was at Florida. Does that make him comparable to Chizik and Jimbo? Your argument makes zero sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator