The 2018 state of the board discussion thread

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No. In fact we need to engage women in non-sexual exchanges. We need to invite and welcome women to this space, without the overt suggestion that they are here for our sexual gratification.
Post up examples of these exchanges.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No way Jose. Never liked the hippie look or hippies. Didn't like it when I was in college and don't like it now. Hate ponytails on men. Hate it.
Yeah, I pictured you as a man-bun kind of guy. All make sense now.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Toe's looking for some male action, foot fetishists preferred.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Good board. Good people. I'd love to get together and have a beer with anyone here.

Suggestions? Outside of keeping Alvin and Sid the hell out of here, I honestly can't think of any.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This board is great just the way it is so don't change anything.

Let's face it, the Gainesville Sun sports department would be lost if something happened to the Chatter

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I wouldnt change a thing. Very much a sports bar vibe. Here we just throw words instead of hands. Gives a bit of advantage to those who can string a few thoughts together.

A few really knowledgeable folks here and a boatload of posters who are brilliantly witty. All surrounded by a few loudmouths who would argue with Jesus. Perfect mix.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Ox, I really appreciate you creating this board and the parameters you set. No trolls, don’t get your knickers in too tight a twist, etc. I’ve been doing boards since the late 80’s. They always have zealots of whatever stripes.

I don’t think any of the strong personalities on here are over the top. I can’t take any of this that seriously. Words. Opinions. Anonymous. I can always put the stupid phone down.

I just take care not to irritate ‘Crete too much because he works across the street and could find me pretty easily. I’d hate to wind up in the foundation of one of his projects.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I’ve been on heavily moderated boards and loosely moderated boards, like this. Ratio of female posters is always low. White knighting seems to offend women as much as off color jokes.

Last edited:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Im wearing my GC thong right now.

Ox sent suede leather though. it's even more uncomfortable than most thongs.

Donkey Thong...lol
donkey_classic_thong.jpg

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Does Ox start this threat whenever his Prozac runs low?

If you send a request out to your remaining loyal customers to asses the product they have continued to consume, while implicitly omitting those who were upset (and thus gone), then you get a better reaffirmation than Stuart Smalley. I jest, because the site is great. Thus the reason, like others have mentioned, I voluntarily paid the lifetime membership and would have paid more.

I rarely post, and not due to fear of Law or other posters, nor is it due to T-Rex's lack of self reflection in criticizing other posters for personal attacks. That is actually one of the more amusing aspects of this board, when a member (most likely Rex) calls another poster any number of awful things, then writes "We shouldn't get personal." But, I rarely post due to being a bit too busy and a lack of adding much substance to the discussion on most occasions. I realize that doesn't hold back 90-95% of you, but go for it because you frequent posters provide content for us lurkers to come by and read on a regular basis.

Lurkers and newbies just have to learn that if Law is arguing a certain record was 7-5 in March it will be 4-8 by April. Facts aren't important here; the general point is. Facts are fungible on this board and others; this board just laughs about that more. As a "sports bar" setting, we should be permitted a few drinks in level of exaggeration to make our points.

Most importantly, when making posts, this board can honestly observe what its members see with their own eyes, even if 2222 retroactively forces/d his eyes to see open receivers via a video editing company owned by Nussmeier's daughter.

My first post on this board (or any board ever) completely bashed our coach and how his sideline demeanor and lack of engagement demonstrated he had quit before the season started. I wasn't attacked, though some still fought for Mac, because I wasn't incoherent or illogical. That is the sign of a good place. Well done Ox. Add one more Stuart Smalley mirror image telling you that "you're good enough and people like you."

F#@K FSU, UGA, Z#$K, Muschamp, and Mac.

Long live GatorChatter and the Godfather of Florida Football, SOS.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
No. In fact we need to engage women in non-sexual exchanges. We need to invite and welcome women to this space, without the overt suggestion that they are here for our sexual gratification.

So then, you ARE gay? I’m a little confused by your tactics.

In all seriousness...this is no safe space. It’s not for everyone, but I can say that from my perspective there are no genders, races, nationalities, or disabilities that are not equally harassed. If you are, as it appears, a female toe, and you feel singled out, then you aren’t reading the board. Every white, black, Native American, male, female, gay, hetero, liberal, conservative, libertarian, young, and old person on this board is attacked in some derogatory, demeaning, or uncivil way - no exceptions.

That’s the appeal.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I have no complaints. It's better than GC(99% of that board is like jhbyrd), 247 is a $ pit and the other gator boards I've found have zero traffic and i enjoy it here. It's a great day to be a gator.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator