The Athletic picks UF to go 3-9, dead last in the SEC East; have Napier on the hot seat

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The article and it's author ----> Suck!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Emotional Wank Jerking.gif
Georgia Bulldogs GIF by University of Georgia

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Fuchs that guy

As I said in the chat, these are national writers who take a broad strokes look at programs, box scores and previous year’s record, notice all that was with a 4th overall pick at QB, and view all this with the backdrop of a demanding fanbase. No understanding of depth issues that have been largely addressed, the fact that said QB was as inconsistent as anyone in the country in his first year starting, or that we played several losses down to a final play or drive.

For some perspective on Mandel specifically, he wrote a scathing article after the 2003 fsu “Swindle” game basically telling UF fans to stop crying about a few bad calls, it happens, and it didn’t cost us the game. That was his view of that game. Zero chance he watched anything but a few highlights and heard the noise. I actually wrote him a very nice email the following Monday telling him what a complete buffoon he is, including some other personal descriptions I felt appropriate. He never responded.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For some perspective on Mandel specifically, he wrote a scathing article after the 2003 fsu “Swindle” game basically telling UF fans to stop crying about a few bad calls, it happens, and it didn’t cost us the game. That was his view of that game. Zero chance he watched anything but a few highlights and heard the noise. I actually wrote him a very nice email the following Monday telling him what a complete buffoon he is, including some other personal descriptions I felt appropriate. He never responded.
That travesty and a couple of years later he had an article about the programs that had the near term potential to win championships in both football and basketball. We didn't make the cut. It was maybe a year before we won both in the same year.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
That travesty and a couple of years later he had an article about the programs that had the near term potential to win championships in both football and basketball. We didn't make the cut. It was maybe a year before we won both in the same year.

To be fair, that may have been personal and in retaliation for my email. I used to drink a lot and wasn’t always the most stable guy. :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
As I said in the chat, these are national writers who take a broad strokes look at programs, box scores and previous year’s record, notice all that was with a 4th overall pick at QB, and view all this with the backdrop of a demanding fanbase. No understanding of depth issues that have been largely addressed, the fact that said QB was as inconsistent as anyone in the country in his first year starting, or that we played several losses down to a final play or drive.

Exactly, it was the kind of drivel you throw out there when you've done absolutely no research at all. You take a 6-win team and subtract a high NFL draft pick QB, which equals half as many wins. You expect stuff like that on a message board, but that dumbass is paid to provide supposedly informed takes. He probably hasn't watched a Gator game in years.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I could see a 3-9 record with a few bad bounces this year, but let's face it, AR was so inconsistent last year he alone was responsible for 2/3 of the losses. I can't think of a game where he just showed up and dominated. He had some big time highlight reel stuff against Utah, but we need a last second goal line interception to win that game.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

And, as everyone knows, the hardest 2023 schedule in football.

I can see room for some concern. 3-9 is absurd....possible, but absurd.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
I think this year will be ugly because of how far disco dan screwed us. Hoping it is not, but……. Schedule and the rest of the sec leaving us behind. Recruiting giving us hope and hoping it sticks. A lot on the rocks this year.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We wouldnt go 3-9 if Mertz went down and we put in the UConn kid.

These ppl are just clickbaiting Gator Fans

I said this very thing in the comments section and the vultures came after me thus proving the point.

UF has one of the highest number of members on the Athletic and this is a desperate attempt to generate activity.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mandel has historically been spot on in his preseason predictions. Plus or minus seven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.