The Birth of Gatorchatter

H20Gator

Sep 27, 2015
I'm pretty sure there were a couple brief or veiled mentions on GSMB that brought me over. I've been a faithful lurker going back to Syn's gameday haircuts and fights at the Mandarin Hooters. Somewhere along the line someone asked, what's the tackiest Gator item you own? My answer, "a GSMB account." It's been great over the years for an odd mix of mindless entertainment and relevant news. If something significant happens in Gator nation, I know I'll hear about it here. I never would have know Foley is an idiot if not for you guys. In the real world people still think he's a genius. Idiots.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, obviously regularly have fun on here and "scuff knuckles" but I seriously dont remember any of them from last week much less 9 years ago.
My wife refers to me as a savant on remembering dates and events. I can't remember what I had for dinner last night, but I can tell you what happened on 12/09/09.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Didn’t you have that cartoon dog as an avatar?
I forget whether it was early on here or over there. A big inflatable dog that my kids used to have, kinda looked like Scooby Doo but different colors. I called him Scooby Don't.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If something significant happens in Gator nation, I know I'll hear about it here. I never would have know Foley is an idiot if not for you guys. In the real world people still think he's a genius.
Lol..... those same people thought the SEC, Big 12 and or at least CUSA were surely going to hire the slumlord genius GOAT as commish. That went well.

BTW Horseteeth just got slaughtered on twitter, the pic of him at the softball field. I think Gators Athletics just took it down. Some of the people are just oblivious I guess.

Who would you think would catch the flak for two straight gawdawful hires? I guess Gator Athletics didnt realize.

You are crazy if you think he popular. We arent a speck on the beach of twitterdom. Maybe with the drunken elderly crowd who think it is still 2008.

The last decade made it clear what Fooley was to anyone with the slightest amount of sense.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My wife refers to me as a savant on remembering dates and events. I can't remember what I had for dinner last night, but I can tell you what happened on 12/09/09.
Im a battleship. I can take a lot of hits. Im serious, I dont even remember it at all.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I'm pretty sure there were a couple brief or veiled mentions on GSMB that brought me over. I've been a faithful lurker going back to Syn's gameday haircuts and fights at the Mandarin Hooters. Somewhere along the line someone asked, what's the tackiest Gator item you own? My answer, "a GSMB account." It's been great over the years for an odd mix of mindless entertainment and relevant news. If something significant happens in Gator nation, I know I'll hear about it here. I never would have know Foley is an idiot if not for you guys. In the real world people still think he's a genius. Idiots.
I remember when Syn missed a game due to a hair appointment. Those guys are all still at another forum together. Irish mike, paddy I think is over there, and some others

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lol..... those same people thought the SEC, Big 12 and or at least CUSA were surely going to hire the slumlord genius GOAT as commish. That went well.

BTW Horseteeth just got slaughtered on twitter, the pic of him at the softball field. I think Gators Athletics just took it down. You are crazy if you think he popular. Maybe with the drunken elderly crowd who think it is still 2008.

The last decade made it clear what he is to anyone with the slightest amount of sense.

Regarding the camera angle for basketball games - Foley verdict 'muh money bad'

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I was at another forum for years. Got tired of the moderator. Went searching. After much trial and error, landed here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:wtf:

They just did an extensive multi-million dollar renovation of the O-Dome and they couldn't have done it then?
Back in the day I had a good connection w Billy D's staff.

Folley promised Billy D a major reno of that goofy tenthouse O dome in 2000, or whenever the Mich State championship year was. He, as usual, lied and followed thru with about half of them a year or two after Billy left.

Last edited:

H20Gator

Sep 27, 2015
Lol..... those same people ...
I should have phrased "the real world" differently. Just the other day a Gator co-worker looked at me like I was nuts when I suggested some Gator fans are not Foley fans. I think there's still a large number who hold dear to the notion he's the GADOAT. Pride or whatever.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I remember when Syn missed a game due to a hair appointment. Those guys are all still at another forum together. Irish mike, paddy I think is over there, and some others
What forum is that?
Asking for a friend. :suspect2:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I should have phrased "the real world" differently. Just the other day a Gator co-worker looked at me like I was nuts when I suggested some Gator fans are not Foley fans. I think there's still a large number who hold dear to the notion he's the GADOAT. Pride or whatever.
Yeah, there are a lot of clueless people out there. They think we just got unlucky or something.

Last edited:

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I lurked at GSMB for years ... Lurked here for years as well and really liked the tone. Finally got drawn in by the disaster that was Mac Just needed to vent and this place was great for that. I'm not a social media guy, in fact this is the only place I participate in any of that so it took me a while to settle in.

After a few days of GSMB going down :suspect:, someone posted a link in the comment section under a Sun article.“

These are a combo of my path here. I lurked at GSMB from pre-Urban pretty regularly. Found this place within days of it being up from the comments to a Gatorsports site.

Then, it was the Mac disaster and watching him, game after game in the stadium not actively engaging, ie actually coaching during the games (even the most pivotal moments). No one was mentioning or observing it here and more than half the people here still had Mac recovery hopes. I hated him from his intro press conference (easy to say as a lurker then, I get it).

I filmed his disengagement during 2017 LSU and posted my first post here after figuring out how to make the videos small enough - "Coach" Mac doesn't coach during games

He claimed death threats a couple weeks later . . .

While I definitely don’t post as many as others, I have averaged about a post a day for the year and 4 months since. I wish I had joined years ago.

I’m definitely hooked like crack and spend an inordinate amount of time on this, my only “social media” outlet.

Last edited:

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Fun topic for our Gatorchatter family:

When our beloved Gatorchatter site was born, who sent out the emails to folks to get them to join up?

The march towards 1 million continues...

After ignoring the forum through the summer of Lord Sid and the Roundtable, I went to the Sun that July 2014 to get ready for football, found the infamous “disruptive posters” message and then followed its advice to go to FBook. Started reading the left column readers posts biatching about the unfair closure and saw posts referencing Gatorchatter, joined and bought the t-shirt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont think anyone really thought it was "unfair", it was just a bullshyt story. They didnt have two nickels to rub together and didnt want to have a functioning forum.

Apparently those morons didnt know selling advertising is a good thing.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I dont think anyone really thought it was "unfair", it was just a bullshyt story. They didnt have two nickels to rub together and didnt want to have a functioning forum.

Apparently those morons didnt know selling advertising is a good thing.
It's ridiculous. With their traffic, ad revenue would have absolutely dwarfed the expenses towards maintaining a forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.