The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Not so sure UCF would pony up that kind of money. I know he has put them back in the national spotlight but, Herman was the first to make 3 million per season. Tuberville made 2.2 million per season. I would say UCF may go 3.5 million maybe. Going to be fun to see all this play out. I bet its 4 or 4.5 to get Frost here.
os-ucf-coach-scott-frost-salary-buyout-20151202-story.html
Go Gators!!!

If we go with the low ball price, we won’t get him. And after we are turned down by a couple coaches, it will be easier to be turned down by more. If he’s the one we can want the most open the checkbook. It cost more in the long run to go the cheap route.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, he stopped just short of calling Mullen a prick at the press conference. It was clear he couldn't stand the guy. There's nothing to worry about on that front.

I agree. Strickland and Mullen I think may strongly dislike one another.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Brock Spack... guy just screams football and intensity... not to mention the best mustache in the college game.
50f76530c0a0a7792d23b8c04715337b.jpg

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Brock Spack... guy just screams football and intensity... not to mention the best mustache in the college game.
50f76530c0a0a7792d23b8c04715337b.jpg
I was about to ask if he was an uncle of yours or something, then I realized the cardinal on his hat is Illinois State and not Louisville. Damn homer. :lol:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What about Pistol Pete Lembo? I played for him at Lehigh. He's currently the associate head coach under DJ Durkin at Maryland and looks like the love child of a fatter John Oliver and Arthur the Aardvark.

pete-lembo-maryland-250x250.jpg

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GridironNow: Mike Norvell makes all the sense in the world for Florida, but he makes more sense for another SEC team.
http://gridironnow.com/mike-norvell-florida-fit-another-sec-school-better-fit/

Spoiler: Arkansas

Also of note:
"Don’t be surprised if new coaches at Ole Miss, Arkansas and Tennessee have higher base pay than whomever the Gators hire.

Furthermore, Florida has to hire a guy who is beyond ecstatic to be at Florida. They can’t hire a coach weighing offers from them, the Vols, the Rebels and maybe Arkansas – now or later. Florida can’t hire a guy who lists four schools across the top of a legal pad and starts listing “pros” and “cons.”

Mim Jacelwain

Oct 30, 2017
@GridironNow: Mike Norvell makes all the sense in the world for Florida, but he makes more sense for another SEC team.
http://gridironnow.com/mike-norvell-florida-fit-another-sec-school-better-fit/

Spoiler: Arkansas

Also of note:
"Don’t be surprised if new coaches at Ole Miss, Arkansas and Tennessee have higher base pay than whomever the Gators hire.

Furthermore, Florida has to hire a guy who is beyond ecstatic to be at Florida. They can’t hire a coach weighing offers from them, the Vols, the Rebels and maybe Arkansas – now or later. Florida can’t hire a guy who lists four schools across the top of a legal pad and starts listing “pros” and “cons.”
I hear the Vols are getting Cooter.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Taggart: @AndrewGreif: Asked Willie why he addressed Florida talk directly w Ducks. Said he wanted to shut it down when his son texted him, “are we moving again?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.