Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Another quote:

“My boy Scottie (Spurrier) is coaching down at South Florida with Charlie Strong, so that may be the biggest game in the state. I know one thing, they're going to have a lot more wins than those Gators and FSU guys when they play, that's for sure."

:lmao:

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I like Frost's pedigree. I'm sure it's been posted before. But here goes anyway.

He's played under:
Bill Walsh,
Tom Osborne
Bill Parcells
Bill Belichick
Jon Gruden

As an assistant or as a coordinator he's found himself next to some other great ones, including first class defensive minds. I can't find the article but it was impressive.

So yeah he's young but clearly he's no fool. He had to soak up a ton of knowledge from all of these guys.

Last edited:

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I like Frost's pedigree. I'm sure it's been posted before. But here goes anyway.

He's played under:
Bill Walsh,
Tom Osborne
Bill Parcells
Bill Belichick
Jon Gruden

As an assistant or as a coordinator he's found himself next to some other great ones, iIncluding first class defensive minds. I can't find the article but it was impressive.

So yeah he's young but clearly he's no fool. He had to soak up a ton of knowledge from all of these guys.
I don't see John L. Smith in that list so I say hire him!

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I wonder how they are liking SOS discussing the search that they said would not be discussed.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@NaturalWorks_: Having to offer a coach a Top 10 salary at a top 75 school tells you everything you need to know about how relevant you are.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One thing I like about Frost that is given very little PR is that he was an OC and a Co-DC. So he should have a lot of experience and understanding from leadership positions on both sides of the ball.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Guys, guys...I'm not advocating it guys. :bob:

We just tend to do that when/if we strike out on a big name, we love a bargain.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see John L. Smith in that list so I say hire him!
johnlsmith-slapself.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@NaturalWorks_: Having to offer a coach a Top 10 salary at a top 75 school tells you everything you need to know about how relevant you are.

I must admit, hiring a new coach before you fired the old one would be a bold move.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
@GridironNow: Mike Norvell makes all the sense in the world for Florida, but he makes more sense for another SEC team.
http://gridironnow.com/mike-norvell-florida-fit-another-sec-school-better-fit/

Spoiler: Arkansas

Also of note:
"Don’t be surprised if new coaches at Ole Miss, Arkansas and Tennessee have higher base pay than whomever the Gators hire.

Furthermore, Florida has to hire a guy who is beyond ecstatic to be at Florida. They can’t hire a coach weighing offers from them, the Vols, the Rebels and maybe Arkansas – now or later. Florida can’t hire a guy who lists four schools across the top of a legal pad and starts listing “pros” and “cons.”

This guy (the writer) basically says UF is cheap and Novell can be had, for cheap.

It's unbelievable the reputation the GOAT (Foley) has created for UF. The writer says we're not going to break the bank (paying out upwards of $5 million). I imagine we offer Frost $4.5mil, and as much as $5mil. But if we get in a bidding war I don't see our cheap ass admin going all-in.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Basing that off Foley and his terrible track record here... Striklin will get his chance to show what kind of AD he'll be. Already showing he isn't Foley the way he handled firing butters so quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.