The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Nope, not living under a rock, just don't follow lower tier programs. That's where he is

To me, that's where Frost is a little different. He was a hot commodity even during his coordinator days at Oregon. He was the guy that everyone waited to see where he'd land as a head coach. So while I'd tend to agree on Norvell, and am just not sold on Campbell, Frost is more along the lines of Herman or Morris. I don't watch Houston or SMU, but I knew who they were from their previous stops.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You follow the careers of OCs at all the P5 schools?
when they are some of the most productive offenses in the nation...there's a good chance tjat for people who pay even moderate attention to college football will have heard of them. :lol:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Wow you can tell he is better after 21games, ok. And saying he's cheaper sounds like our administration over the past 10 years, Look at Kelly's track record, and level of competition in the PAC 12, not saying that Frost won't be a great hire, but we need to make a statement on this hire.
Better, yes. Lets look at the tail of the tape, Frost is younger, more energetic, active coach, coaching and recruiting in FL, didn't fail at his last job, experienced and willing to recruit the state and pretty much everyones pick as the best man for the job.

Kelly has experience coaching in college with moderate success, out of the business for years and putting lots of stipulations to his next boss and has zero connections to FL.

It's a simple choice if you take a serious look.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Damn if Gundy wants the job that will change things. I don't know how to feel about it myself. He can't beat Oklahoma, is that why he's looking for an out? His teams simply do not play defense, do we really need to go there?

That article (on Gundy wanting out) is 3 years old....suggesting we should have pursued him 3 years ago vs. Butters.

We ain't gettin' Gundy. Period. Now there's an article on Shaw, who is coaching in the San Francisco, CALIFORNIA area at his ALMA MATER suggesting he come to UF? Nah, hard pass. And Kelly, the dude who last coached college football in the state of Oregon, on the west coast, who hasn't coached college ball in years as a top candidate? Pass. Scott Frost is and will continue to remain the #1 target for this job.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That article (on Gundy wanting out) is 3 years old....suggesting we should have pursued him 3 years ago vs. Butters.

We ain't gettin' Gundy. Period. Now there's an article on Shaw, who is coaching in the San Francisco, CALIFORNIA area at his ALMA MATER suggesting he come to UF? Nah, hard pass. And Kelly, the dude who last coached college football in the state of Oregon, on the west coast, who hasn't coached college ball in years as a top candidate? Pass. Scott Frost is and will continue to remain the #1 target for this job.
I agree, but what if he says no? Who is next? That's the frightening question.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Threat has been PTSD from hanging onto the Butter nuts til the end. He just isn't functioning well right now.
giphy.gif

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Yes the article is three years ago and yes we should have hired him instead of Mac. But the point is to those who claim Gundy wouldn't want to leave Ok State although he wanted to three years ago. What would be different today? His buyout is ridiculously low. If we wanted him we could get him.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes the article is three years ago and yes we should have hired him instead of Mac. But the point is to those who claim Gundy wouldn't want to leave Ok State although he wanted to three years ago. What would be different today? His buyout is ridiculously low. If we wanted him we could get him.

The only thing that's different today is he's 3 years older and still the same 9-4 type of coach that won't get us to an SEC Championship.....

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The only thing that's different today is he's 3 years older and still the same 9-4 type of coach that won't get us to an SEC Championship.....
You can not want him all you want but you can't say he wouldn't come.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
You can not want him all you want but you can't say he wouldn't come.

If I can't say he won't come, then you can't say he WILL come. You have no clue. The guy has a very good job, coaching his alma mater, and is entrenched there. But yeah, he's just going to jump ship to UF.

:britney:

fairfaxgator

Jan 24, 2017
Please not Gundy. The guy is a used car salesman. That said, expect our hopes to be dashed regarding Frost.

Yes, I am a pessimist.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If I can't say he won't come, then you can't say he WILL come. You have no clue. The guy has a very good job, coaching his alma mater, and is entrenched there. But yeah, he's just going to jump ship to UF.

:britney:

dog-chasing-own-tail.gif

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It's ok state....

And? Our last 4 hires: Coordinator, Utah, Coordinator, Colorado State. We're all of a sudden going to raid a upper-level P5 program? I'm a realist, and a Scott Frost is realistic. A P5 coach isn't. If our job was so desirable we wouldn't be hiring coordinators and coaches from Colorado State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator